trans & enby rep in media

illumi Β  Β 

a thread for folks to talk about canonically/headcanoned trans & enby characters in media. disagreements and discussions are ok but stay civil

i do have a speculative analysis abt such a character in the quote below as my own entry to this thread

i dont know a canonically nonbinary character but i do know a gender nonconforming character that has got everyone questioning their gender and i think its still debated; pitou from hxh. they have a fairly androgynous appearance despite leaning towards femininity more and all the pronouns when referring to them are neutral. pitous sex nor gender was confirmed despite the majority of the fanbase thinking theyre a cis female just because of their appearance

its funny really how people assumes sex and gender of a character based on their body shape and gender expression while appearance doesnt do anything to prove their sex nor gender. heck. theyre not even human. body types of chimera ants are really diverse so who are we to assume? if the author are trying to be subtle about it; then dont assume anything

to me and a few others pitou is just a gender nonconforming and apathetic individual who couldnt give more of a flying fuck about gender. after all they had barely lived over a month. so theres really no point debating about their gender

Β 

Β 

c!Fundy from dsmp is headcanoned as a Transman & oml I was thrilled when I heard bout this some time ago

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, _Kai_ said:

c!Fundy from dsmp is headcanoned as a Transman & oml I was thrilled when I heard bout this some time ago

could be a neat lil detail if its canon tbh. idk about the dsmp but if they have a chance to include lgbtq rep they should

Β 

1 minute ago, sevan said:

could be a neat lil detail if its canon tbh. idk about the dsmp but if they have a chance to include lgbtq rep they should

Most of the people on dsmp are apart of the lgbtq+ communityπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ½Β (Ngl idk if its canon or not, but I do know that its def headcanoned)

1 minute ago, _Kai_ said:

Most of the people on dsmp are apart of the lgbtq+ communityπŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ½Β (Ngl idk if its canon or not, but I do know that its def headcanoned)

cool cool. it doesnt have a good reputation which is why i never looked into it. i was a dsmp fan for a short period of time then i just grew out of it and never caught up with the lore. it became insanely boring to me at the exile arc and i just cant hyperfixate on it anymore

cool cool. it doesnt have a good reputation which is why i never looked into it. i was a dsmp fan for a short period of time then i just grew out of it and never caught up with the lore. it became insanely boring to me at the exile arc and i just cant hyperfixate on it anymore

Oop, ngl I hadnt paid much attention when Tommy when into exile since it was mostly boring as hellΒ 

I mean yeah all those haters surrounding the dsmp community doesn't give it a good rep TvT

5 minutes ago, _Kai_ said:

Oop, ngl I hadnt paid much attention when Tommy when into exile since it was mostly boring as hellΒ 

I mean yeah all those haters surrounding the dsmp community doesn't give it a good rep TvT

i find the dsmp fandom a lil cringe atp but its whatever. i grew out of that phase and dont have any strong feelings. the controversy surrounding dream as a content creator is still a bit icky so i try to distance myself from the dsmp fandom as much as possibleΒ 

3 minutes ago, sevan said:

i find the dsmp fandom a lil cringe atp but its whatever. i grew out of that phase and dont have any strong feelings. the controversy surrounding dream as a content creator is still a bit icky so i try to distance myself from the dsmp fandom as much as possibleΒ 

dAmN

(Totally not me planning to get fanart's of a couple of em tattooed)

21 hours ago, sevan said:

canonically/headcanoned trans & enby characters in media

I headcanon Tim Drake/Robin/Red Robin from [DC Comics] asΒ trans (ftm)Β 

I also headcanon Terry Mcginnis/Batman (of the future)Β [DC Comics] as trans (ftm)

HC Conner Kent/Kon-El/Superboy [DC Comics] as nonbinaryΒ 

HC Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/OracleΒ [DC Comics] as trans (mtf)

Canon Alysia YeohΒ [DC Comics] trans (mtf)

Canon Nia Nal/Dreamer [DC Comics] trans (mtf)Β 

Canon Cullen RowΒ [DC Comics] trans (ftm)Β 

Canon Halo [DC Comics] nonbinaryΒ 

yeah- it's a lot of DC stuff lolΒ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damian said:

I headcanon Tim Drake/Robin/Red Robin from [DC Comics] asΒ trans (ftm)Β 

I also headcanon Terry Mcginnis/Batman (of the future)Β [DC Comics] as trans (ftm)

HC Conner Kent/Kon-El/Superboy [DC Comics] as nonbinaryΒ 

HC Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/OracleΒ [DC Comics] as trans (mtf)

Canon Alysia YeohΒ [DC Comics] trans (mtf)

Canon Nia Nal/Dreamer [DC Comics] trans (mtf)Β 

Canon Cullen RowΒ [DC Comics] trans (ftm)Β 

Canon Halo [DC Comics] nonbinaryΒ 

yeah- it's a lot of DC stuff lolΒ 

idk any of these comics but seems cool! would love some analysis and reasoning for it but i wouldnt understand the lore anyway

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sevan said:

idk any of these comics but seems cool! would love some analysis and reasoning for it but i wouldnt understand the lore anyway

trust me i'd happily list reasons for most of the headcanons, but yes, there's a lot of lore, and also some of them are just gut feelings as a trans guy myself (with maybe a touch of projection)Β 

3 hours ago, damian said:

trust me i'd happily list reasons for most of the headcanons, but yes, there's a lot of lore, and also some of them are just gut feelings as a trans guy myself (with maybe a touch of projection)Β 

relatable. thats me with every character thats not sex and romance oriented; i just slap aroace onto them and start projecting my own aroace ass

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sevan said:

relatable. thats me with every character thats not sex and romance oriented; i just slap aroace onto them and start projecting my own aroace ass

yeah i have a problem with becoming attached to characters and responding by bestowing my transness on themΒ 

same thing with asexuality- if a character does not specifically express some flavour of sexual attraction i'm like 'aw, look, and asexual just like me. wanna invade denmark and eat garlic bread?'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damian said:

yeah i have a problem with becoming attached to characters and responding by bestowing my transness on themΒ 

same thing with asexuality- if a character does not specifically express some flavour of sexual attraction i'm like 'aw, look, and asexual just like me. wanna invade denmark and eat garlic bread?'

i remember whenever i see a female character that basically passes like a boy i hc them as transmasc. not necessarily a trans man bc i want to stick to canon still but i think they would have a more masculine gender in the nbspec. im also a transmasc enby so im really just pushing my own quote unquote gay agenda onto them lmao

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sevan said:

i remember whenever i see a female character that basically passes like a boy i hc them as transmasc. not necessarily a trans man bc i want to stick to canon still but i think they would have a more masculine gender in the nbspec. im also a transmasc enby so im really just pushing my own quote unquote gay agenda onto them lmao

whenever i see a girl trying to pass as a man something awakens inside me. are you trans?! i thoughtΒ 

The real gay agenda is just headcanoning characters as part of the LGBTQIA+ community lol

1 minute ago, damian said:

The real gay agenda is just headcanoning characters as part of the LGBTQIA+ community lol

Lmao, that must just be something that occurs unknowingly XD

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, damian said:

theyre queer now your honor

• Like 1

1 minute ago, damian said:

"everyone's just a lil silly, your honor"

if you try to accuse them of anything bad youre bigoted drop the mic end of story

• Like 1

Spoilers for basically the entire plot of The Marvelous Land of Oz (the second book in the Oz series if you're unfamiliar) but Tip is very trans.

Spoiler

He's actually Princess Ozma, but Mombi transformed her into a boy shortly after she was born, and he lived like that until Glinda discovered who he was and forced Mombi to turn him back into a girl.

She's maybe more genderfluid than trans because she's very much a boy and then equally as much a girl, but it still feels like a (probably unintentional) trans allegory either way.

This results in some very good quotes like "I might try it for awhile,β€”just to see how it seems, you know. But if I don't like being a girl you must promise to change me into a boy again" and "I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the same Tip, you know."

Also, I grew up with the John R Neill illustrations of him so this isn't how I picture him in my head but I just found this drawing of him (can't find the source unfortunately) and it's very gender so here

latest.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghost of Rain said:
Β  Hide contents

He's actually Princess Ozma, but Mombi transformed her into a boy shortly after she was born, and he lived like that until Glinda discovered who he was and forced Mombi to turn him back into a girl.

She's maybe more genderfluid than trans because she's very much a boy and then equally as much a girl, but it still feels like a (probably unintentional) trans allegory either way.

it kind of sounds like bigender to me ngl bc bro only feels connection to two genders. but anyway

6 hours ago, Ghost of Rain said:

This results in some very good quotes like "I might try it for awhile,β€”just to see how it seems, you know. But if I don't like being a girl you must promise to change me into a boy again" and "I hope none of you will care less for me than you did before. I'm just the same Tip, you know."

Also, I grew up with the John R Neill illustrations of him so this isn't how I picture him in my head but I just found this drawing of him (can't find the source unfortunately) and it's very gender so here

holy shit i love how you provided quotations to support your hc. i like it! i hope they make it canon tbfhΒ 

• Like 1

Γ—
Γ—