How can I come out?

I don't know if I can come out to anyone. I came out to one friend, also aro/ace like me, so it was easy to just bring it up. My gender is a big mess, and I'm really nervous it might not be safe enough for me to come out.

My parents are Asian, and have not really heard much about Pride. We play Pride Radio every day, what do you need to know? I'm stuck in a Catholic School that does not even talk about LGBTQ+, so if I come out, it might not be safe. Clueless...

Edited by GenderWasEjected

15 hours ago, GenderWasEjected said:

I don't know if I can come out to anyone. I came out to one friend, also aro/ace like me, so it was easy to just bring it up. My gender is a big mess, and I'm really nervous it might not be safe enough for me to come out.

My parents are Asian, and have not really heard much about Pride. We play Pride Radio every day, what do you need to know? I'm stuck in a Catholic School that does not even talk about LGBTQ+, so if I come out, it might not be safe. Clueless...

Hey there,

Thank you for opening up to us about this. I'm glad to hear it went well when you came out to your friend; how are you feeling after that?

I noticed what you said about your safety, and I'm wondering, if you did come out, what do you think might happen?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 11/7/2022 at 3:11 AM, GenderWasEjected said:

My parents are Asian, and have not really heard much about Pride. We play Pride Radio every day, what do you need to know? I'm stuck in a Catholic School that does not even talk about LGBTQ+, so if I come out, it might not be safe. Clueless...

perhaps ask them for their opinion regarding the lgbtq community and then deal with the situation accordingly? if they generally has no problem with them then i feel like its safe for you to come out. if not then just say you saw it on the internet and keep quiet. but just come out within your family though. since youre in a catholic school its definitely not the best option to out yourself there

but you dont have to come out if you dont want to. its not mandatory. your safety is also above all the other concerns so beware of the consequences you might face.