Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide, Hate, Other, Trauma

If you're in danger or feeling suicidal, read this.


Harper

Recommended Posts

  • Ditch the Label Staff

Please do not use this platform to report situations requiring urgent attention

Ditch the Label's support community is not designed to be a platform to report situations requiring urgent attention, this includes situations of danger and suicide. It can take some time for a support mentor to review your request and so in these cases, we need to refer to alternative services.

Please note that we do our best to connect you with the most relevant support services in your region, however, we cannot be held responsible for the advice and support that is provided by third parties. 

If you or somebody you know is in danger: 

Firstly, if you, or somebody you know is in a dangerous situation, please call emergency services as a matter of urgency. In the UK, this number is 999, in the USA, 911. If you are unsure of the exact number in your location, please search "{country name} emergency services phone number" on Google.

If you are in crisis and/or feeling suicidal:

If you are currently in crisis and need urgent support, please refer to the below helpline contacts.

------------------------------------------

WORLDWIDE

------------------------------------------

1. Befrienders (www.befrienders.org) 

This service is available globally and they can help you find helplines for countries that are not listed below.

------------------------------------------

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

------------------------------------------

1. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline (https://988lifeline.org)

You can speak to them online or over the phone by calling 988. You can also send a text to this number. 988 is the three digit dialing code that will route your call to the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.

2. The TREVOR Project (https://www.thetrevorproject.org)

Specific crisis support for LGBTQ+ young people and are available over the phone on 1-866-488-7386, by texting ‘START’ to 678-678 or via Online Chat: Select ‘start chat’ here.

------------------------------------------

UNITED KINGDOM/ROI

------------------------------------------

1. The Samaritans (https://www.samaritans.org) 

They offer support via phone (116 123) or via email on Jo@Samaritans.org.

2. Shout Crisis Text Line (https://giveusashout.org)

If you prefer to get support via text, then you can text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258. They are there 

for you 24/7.

------------------------------------------

AUSTRALIA

------------------------------------------

1. Lifeline (https://www.lifeline.org.au)

Call the crisis support hotline at 13 11 14 or text 0477 13 11 14 for 24/7 support. Online chat is available here. 

------------------------------------------

BRAZIL

------------------------------------------

1. CVV https://www.cvv.org.br)

This service provides emotional support and suicide prevention, through free and voluntary assistance to all people who want and need to talk anonymously by phone 24 hours a day. They can be contacted by dialling 188, or visiting their website. They also have Online chat, which is available here.

------------------------------------------

CANADA

------------------------------------------

1. Crisis Services Canada (https://talksuicide.ca)

Call toll free for crisis support at 1.833.456.4566 for 24/7 support or text 45645 between 4p.m. - midnight ET

2.Trans Lifeline (https://translifeline.org/hotline/)

Trans Lifeline’s Hotline is a peer support service run by trans people, for trans and questioning callers in crisis or if you need someone trans to talk to. Call 877-330-6366.

------------------------------------------

FRANCE

------------------------------------------

1. S.O.S Amitié https://www.sos-amitie.com)

 S.O.S Amitié offers a telephone, messaging, and chat service for those who are going through a difficult period. They can be contacted on 09-72-39-40-50, (or in english: 01-46-21-46-46) 24/7 or have a chat service available on their website between 1pm - 3am.

------------------------------------------

GERMANY

------------------------------------------

1. Telefonseelsorge (https://www.telefonseelsorge.de)

This service is open to people of all ages for all problems and crisis situations. Call them for support at 0800 111 0 111 or 0800 111 0 222

2. Jugend Notmail (https://jugendnotmail.de)

They offer free online counselling for children and young people 24/7 and have an online crisis chat service. 

------------------------------------------

INDIA

------------------------------------------

1. AASRA (http://www.aasra.info)

Their phone number is 91- 9820466726 and they offer 24/7 confidential support in English or Hindi. 

------------------------------------------

IRELAND

------------------------------------------

1. Pieta House (https://www.pieta.ie)

Pieta provides free therapy to those engaging in self-harm, with suicidal ideation, or bereaved by suicide. Call their helpline at 1-800-247-247, or text HELP to 51444.

------------------------------------------

ITALY

------------------------------------------

1. Telefono Amico (https://www.telefonoamico.it)

Telefon Amico provides free emotional and well being support. Their crisis line can be reached at 02-2327-2327, every day from 10am - Midnight. They also offer Chat on Whatsapp here and Email support here or via mail@micaTAI 

------------------------------------------

MALAYSIA

------------------------------------------

1. Befrienders (https://www.befrienders.org.my)

Offer 24/7 emotional support and can be contacted on (+60) - 2- 76272929.

------------------------------------------

MEXICO

------------------------------------------

1. Consejo Ciudadano (https://consejociudadanomx.org)

This service offers free emotional and confidential support 24/7 via chat or call on 55-5533-5533.

------------------------------------------

NETHERLANDS

------------------------------------------

1. 113 (https://www.113.nl)

113 offers crisis support with trained volunteers. If you are in crisis, please call toll free 0800-0113. There is also chat support available here.

------------------------------------------

NEW ZEALAND

------------------------------------------

1. Lifeline Aotearoa (https://www.lifeline.org.nz)

Their Suicide Crisis Helpline is: 0800-543-354 or 0508 828 865. Their calls are answered by qualified counsellors and trained volunteers. You can also text HELP to 4357.

------------------------------------------

PHILIPPINES

------------------------------------------

1. Crisis Line Philippines by In Touch (https://www.in-touch.org)

They can be called on +63 2 8893 760 or +63 919 056 0709 or mobile +639 2289 38944 for free and anonymous 24/7 care.

2. Hopeline (https://www.facebook.com/HopelinePH/)

A 24/7 suicide prevention and crisis support helpline. To contact them please call Global: + 63 917 558 4673 or Toll-free for Globe/TM: 2919.

------------------------------------------

SINGAPORE

------------------------------------------

1. Samaritans of Singapore (https://www.sos.org.sg)

Samaritans offer confidential, emotional support to individuals facing a crisis. They can be reached 24/7 at 1-767 and offer an online text/chat service via their website. They also offer email support: pat@sos.org.sg

------------------------------------------

SOUTH AFRICA

------------------------------------------

1. The South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) (https://www.sadag.org)

Their crisis hotline is 0800 567 567 and their website offers support for a range of mental health difficulties.

------------------------------------------

SPAIN

------------------------------------------

1. Teléfono de la Esperanza (https://telefonodelaesperanza.org)

They provide a free, anonymous crisis helpline service and can be reached on 717-003-717 or 914-590-055. 

------------------------------------------

SWEDEN

------------------------------------------

1. Mind ( https://mind.se)

Mind offers confidential crisis support, free of charge. Their suicide line is 90101, and their website offers a chat and other services such as a parent or a refugee line.

*** If your country isn't listed above, please refer to the worldwide contacts or contact the emergency services in your region. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

staff-member-b.png.9efcd0d23163ec0e57258

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
  • Ditch the Label Staff

Please note that this resource is currently being updated and as such, some information may be temporarily missing. If you need a service that is not currently listed, please refer to www.befrienders.org.

staff-member-b.png.9efcd0d23163ec0e57258

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • Digital Mentor

Here is some useful information for those who may be struggling with their mental health, particularly with feeling suicidal. Take care everyone and remember, we are here if you need us.

-Monsoon

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • Harper changed the title to If you're in danger or feeling suicidal, read this.
  • Harper pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

how do i help someone who is very suicidal? she’s been having a really hard time and i’m afraid she’s going to do it and idk what i’ll do without her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.
8 hours ago, emnma said:

how do i help someone who is very suicidal? she’s been having a really hard time and i’m afraid she’s going to do it and idk what i’ll do without her

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm wondering, could you contact someone like their parents and tell them? You can call the police to do a welfare check. If you speak with them and share your concerns and ask them to check on her, they will be able to do this. Also, you can pass this information onto them: 

  • UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org
  • https://kidshelpphone.ca/urgent-help - You can text, message them online, or call them on the number listed on this page (they are available 24/7)
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Other, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi.

It’s my first time using this platform and I don’t know if I’m using it right but it’s urgent and I really need advice on what to do.This isn’t about me but about my younger brother.For a really long time he’s been bullied since he had speaking problems,he was just slow in articulating himself and for this there was a lot of bullying involved.I thought that was all that was to his problems,that maybe the reason he was so sad was because he wasn’t social and the kids in his class could be judgemental.Today,however,he finally opened up to me and confessed that a bully from his school had DMed him pretending to be a girl and eventually got hold of some of his nudes.I now understand why my brother was so paranoid of being taken pictures of and why he was so scared of his classmates.I scolded him and he assured me he would never do it again but it still scares me and him that someone has such photos of him.I don’t know what to do.I reported the account and hopefully it gets taken down.I tried to put up a brave face to make him feel better and said that I would hack the guy and embarrass him just as much as revenge but then I remembered it’s illegal and I could get arrested.I’m so angry about it.I really want to help my bro.I’ve also thought of gathering evidence and telling the police but our country is really old traditioned and I’m afraid it won’t be taken seriously as an issue.Advice?

Edited by Noname739920
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Ditch the Label Staff
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Other, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.
18 hours ago, Noname739920 said:

Hi.

It’s my first time using this platform and I don’t know if I’m using it right but it’s urgent and I really need advice on what to do.This isn’t about me but about my younger brother.For a really long time he’s been bullied since he had speaking problems,he was just slow in articulating himself and for this there was a lot of bullying involved.I thought that was all that was to his problems,that maybe the reason he was so sad was because he wasn’t social and the kids in his class could be judgemental.Today,however,he finally opened up to me and confessed that a bully from his school had DMed him pretending to be a girl and eventually got hold of some of his nudes.I now understand why my brother was so paranoid of being taken pictures of and why he was so scared of his classmates.I scolded him and he assured me he would never do it again but it still scares me and him that someone has such photos of him.I don’t know what to do.I reported the account and hopefully it gets taken down.I tried to put up a brave face to make him feel better and said that I would hack the guy and embarrass him just as much as revenge but then I remembered it’s illegal and I could get arrested.I’m so angry about it.I really want to help my bro.I’ve also thought of gathering evidence and telling the police but our country is really old traditioned and I’m afraid it won’t be taken seriously as an issue.Advice?

Hey there, I'm Blondie, part of the Community Management team here at DTL. I'm really sorry to hear this has happened to your brother but I'm glad he has you to support him. 

We are working slightly reduced hours over the new year period but I have highlighted this to our support mentors who will pick this up tomorrow and they will be able to guide you through this. Meanwhile, I would definitely agree with you in that seeking revenge would be a bad idea and may make the situation a lot worse. I know it would be useful for our mentors to know what country you are in and how old your brother is so they can give the best possible advice. (We do not need any more specific information such as addresses /names)

Hang in there - we'll help you through it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi Blondie.

Thank you for answering me and happy holidays since I was so nervous I forgot to say it.

We live in Albania and my brother is 14 but he will be 15 in February.
My bro and I woke up more relaxed today and let’s say a bit more clear headed,it was still a bit tense but we talked and resolved it a little.He was also more open with me today and shared some more details.

I’d thought about what I should say to reassure him and went to his room to talk.I told him that his nudes wouldn’t be shown since if the bully wanted to he would have done so already (apparently this happened last year when my bro was 13-14) and that if he did show the photos we’d call the police for invasion of privacy,innapropriate pictures of a minor,bullying,threats etc.However here’s the thing: turns out the bully had already leaked those images of him within the class last year.I did not know this as I hadn’t been told until today.I was really sad but what my brother said calmed me down a bit.

So basically the story:

The bully (let’s call him A) has always been harrassing my brother and it turns out this guy A has a lot of anger issues and two “friends” who back him up.When A got the inappropriate photos he sent them to my bros classmates.The next day my brother got confronted by a girl and some others that the girl he’d been DMing was A and that he had spread the nudes however said girl told him that she had refused to see the photo and so had some others.It seems that most of the class was repulsed by what A had done and just he and his friends had found it funny.Also two boys in the class were really sympathetic to my brother and comforted him and that seemed to make him calmer by the way he told it.Some classmates told the principal that my brother was being bullied and the principal called him for a talk.However my brother was too embarrassed and scared to tell her about the nudes and he also blames himself a lot,calling himself dumb.So he just told her other parts of the bullying but not the most important part.

Other stories my brother told me is that he wasn’t the only one being bullied but others too.A is usually the type to stalk people on the internet and record videos of them without their consent.Turn out A makes fun of a girl that is chubby calling her too fat,which is ironic considering that ,when I’d seen him,he was a pretty fat guy himself.My brother also told me that A is really racist to black people he sees on the internet which is also ironic considering how A (despite not being african) has brown skin.Hearing these I told my brother that A just hates himself and people who hate themselves want to hurt others out of jealousy.Also it relieved me to know that his classmates had comforted him and had his back,even if they might be a bit judgy they seem to be supportive in a serious situation.Also while I’m not happy to hear other kids are being bullied too it’s assuring to hear that this doesn’t happen only to my brother and that he isn’t a total outcast in his class and that the majority of said class also dislikes A.

My brother is still scared that A might show his nudes again but I told him that if he does we’ll be telling the principal for real and even get the police involved.For now he should just ignore A and his rude comments and have no contact with him.My brother seemed a bit better and I feel like our bond has grown stronger.I also feel like I understand him more and that some of his behaviour that I found strange makes sense.
I also have some bad news.So remember when I said that two boys had comforted him,well, they were the closest he had to friends but they changed schools.My brother also wants to change schools to go where they are (also to leave the constant bullying) but he has a lot of learning difficulty and the school he’s in is easier in education and has little numbers of students therefore he gets more attention from the teachers.So our parents refused to take him to the other school and he was sad about it and feels alone.Hopefully once this year ends I can convince our parents to transfer him because I feel pretty useless just offering words to my brother and not actually doing something that will really make A stop.

That’s it.I think today my brother got a bit of closure but I’m still worried and I don’t know what to do.I think deep down he still doesn’t feel completely safe.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.
18 hours ago, Noname739920 said:

Hi Blondie.

Thank you for answering me and happy holidays since I was so nervous I forgot to say it.

We live in Albania and my brother is 14 but he will be 15 in February.
My bro and I woke up more relaxed today and let’s say a bit more clear headed,it was still a bit tense but we talked and resolved it a little.He was also more open with me today and shared some more details.

I’d thought about what I should say to reassure him and went to his room to talk.I told him that his nudes wouldn’t be shown since if the bully wanted to he would have done so already (apparently this happened last year when my bro was 13-14) and that if he did show the photos we’d call the police for invasion of privacy,innapropriate pictures of a minor,bullying,threats etc.However here’s the thing: turns out the bully had already leaked those images of him within the class last year.I did not know this as I hadn’t been told until today.I was really sad but what my brother said calmed me down a bit.

So basically the story:

The bully (let’s call him A) has always been harrassing my brother and it turns out this guy A has a lot of anger issues and two “friends” who back him up.When A got the inappropriate photos he sent them to my bros classmates.The next day my brother got confronted by a girl and some others that the girl he’d been DMing was A and that he had spread the nudes however said girl told him that she had refused to see the photo and so had some others.It seems that most of the class was repulsed by what A had done and just he and his friends had found it funny.Also two boys in the class were really sympathetic to my brother and comforted him and that seemed to make him calmer by the way he told it.Some classmates told the principal that my brother was being bullied and the principal called him for a talk.However my brother was too embarrassed and scared to tell her about the nudes and he also blames himself a lot,calling himself dumb.So he just told her other parts of the bullying but not the most important part.

Other stories my brother told me is that he wasn’t the only one being bullied but others too.A is usually the type to stalk people on the internet and record videos of them without their consent.Turn out A makes fun of a girl that is chubby calling her too fat,which is ironic considering that ,when I’d seen him,he was a pretty fat guy himself.My brother also told me that A is really racist to black people he sees on the internet which is also ironic considering how A (despite not being african) has brown skin.Hearing these I told my brother that A just hates himself and people who hate themselves want to hurt others out of jealousy.Also it relieved me to know that his classmates had comforted him and had his back,even if they might be a bit judgy they seem to be supportive in a serious situation.Also while I’m not happy to hear other kids are being bullied too it’s assuring to hear that this doesn’t happen only to my brother and that he isn’t a total outcast in his class and that the majority of said class also dislikes A.

My brother is still scared that A might show his nudes again but I told him that if he does we’ll be telling the principal for real and even get the police involved.For now he should just ignore A and his rude comments and have no contact with him.My brother seemed a bit better and I feel like our bond has grown stronger.I also feel like I understand him more and that some of his behaviour that I found strange makes sense.
I also have some bad news.So remember when I said that two boys had comforted him,well, they were the closest he had to friends but they changed schools.My brother also wants to change schools to go where they are (also to leave the constant bullying) but he has a lot of learning difficulty and the school he’s in is easier in education and has little numbers of students therefore he gets more attention from the teachers.So our parents refused to take him to the other school and he was sad about it and feels alone.Hopefully once this year ends I can convince our parents to transfer him because I feel pretty useless just offering words to my brother and not actually doing something that will really make A stop.

That’s it.I think today my brother got a bit of closure but I’m still worried and I don’t know what to do.I think deep down he still doesn’t feel completely safe.

Hi there, I'm Aurora and I am one of the other support mentors here at Ditch the Label. Thank you so much for explaining everything in detail. This really helps us to think about the best support for you and your brother. I have sent you a reply in a confidential support message, as I thought that it would be easier for us to talk there. I hope that's OK with you. You should be able to get to my message by clicking on the confidential support tap, which is at the top of this page. Let me know if you have any problems accessing it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, Just_A_Lesbian said:

thanks kind of needed this

Hey there,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling? If you would like to talk with us about anything, just let us know. If you do and would prefer to talk privately, please click 'Confidential Support' at the top of the page. Take care. 

  • Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what is wrong with me. Before I started middle school I was fine. as soon as one of my friends got into middle school she was all depressed and angry, and now I feel like that too. I literally would have killed myself if it were not for my little brothers friends coming over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
6 hours ago, LEOQUEENUNITED said:

I don't know what is wrong with me. Before I started middle school I was fine. as soon as one of my friends got into middle school she was all depressed and angry, and now I feel like that too. I literally would have killed myself if it were not for my little brothers friends coming over.

Hey there,

We have sent you a message on confidential support to check in about this. Take care and speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...