Am I trans? Or just mistaking something else for it?

xXAshBlossomXx    

For as long as I can remember I've felt like I don't fit in with the other guys. As I was growing up I had thought countless times that maybe I was meant to be a girl but until sometime last year, I hadn't thought into it much.

I think I'm trans but a friend of mine, who hasn't really known me that long, doesn't think that I am and thinks I might just be a femboy. I've been having doubts about whether I am trans or not and her comment hasn't helped. I can't come out as trans irl currently but I've been living as a girl online in a game called imvu and I feel happy when people use she/her pronouns when referring to me and when people call me the name I picked.

I don't know what to think, I feel I'd be happier as a girl but I'm scared I'll regret it if I do.

Hey there,

Welcome :) 

I totally get why her comment didn't help; the only person that can answer this kind of question is yourself really. I'm wondering, do you need to know what to think at this stage? I think that our mind gives us directions all the time, and deep down, we know what the truth about our identity is. What do you think? 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yeah, I guess you're right. I feel like I was meant to be a girl, that deep down I am one. I keep doubting myself but I've read that its very common to have doubts, even once you've accepted it. 

Thank you for your reply, it's honestly helped a bit. :)

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear that it helped a bit :)

Yeah, as I said, I think we all know the truth deep down which really helps us to figure out what to do next. What do you think your next step might be? 

I guess I'll probably look into presenting more feminine and eventually starting hrt. It's something I've been thinking about for awhile but been too scared to do anything

Hey there,

Ah, that sound exciting. Do you have a goal in mind for how you want to look in terms of being more feminine? If so, would you like to share it here? :) 

9 hours ago, xXAshBlossomXx said:

I don't really know. I'll have to do some research

Hey there,

Sure! Once you've done some research and found out a little bit more, would you like to share your thoughts with me? :) 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:14 PM, xXAshBlossomXx said:

Yeah, I guess I could.

Hey there,

How's it going? Have you had the chance to do some research yet? :) 

• 2 months later...