how to come out????

swiftie_am_i? Β  Β 

hi so i am bi but still in closet and dunno how to tell anyone...

advice???

20 minutes ago, swiftie_am_i? said:

hi so i am bi but still in closet and dunno how to tell anyone...

advice???

Start with people who you know are allies or queer themselves. Just be like, 'hey, by the way, I think I'm bi'. From there, you can use them as allies when you come out to people who may not be so chill. It's always good to have someone who can help you if someone isn't being nice about it. Once you've come out to your friends, you can start to come out to your family. Generally it's a good idea to test the waters if you don't know how they feel about queer people. For example, watch a tv show with queer characters, or mention that you saw a queer couple the other day, or anything like that. From there, you have an idea of how to come out to them

This is just really brief, general advice if you're unsure about something more specific, please let me know. But lets start with step one: Do you have any friends who are queer or who are super chill with the queer community?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Start with people who you know are allies or queer themselves. Just be like, 'hey, by the way, I think I'm bi'. From there, you can use them as allies when you come out to people who may not be so chill. It's always good to have someone who can help you if someone isn't being nice about it. Once you've come out to your friends, you can start to come out to your family. Generally it's a good idea to test the waters if you don't know how they feel about queer people. For example, watch a tv show with queer characters, or mention that you saw a queer couple the other day, or anything like that. From there, you have an idea of how to come out to them

This is just really brief, general advice if you're unsure about something more specific, please let me know. But lets start with step one: Do you have any friends who are queer or who are super chill with the queer community?

ok thanks! my parents are very accepting (i think), they have taken me to pride parades and stuff but i js dont know how theyll react

my friend is bi and i have good friends that are queer so i'll try this.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swiftie_am_i? said:

ok thanks! my parents are very accepting (i think), they have taken me to pride parades and stuff but i js dont know how theyll react

my friend is bi and i have good friends that are queer so i'll try this.Β 

Let us know how it goes!

Γ—
Γ—