I Came Out 2 Weeks Ago

QueenQueer    

Hello everyone,

I am new to this community and I joined mainly to hopefully find some people who struggle with similar things as me. 

You see, at the age of 13 I came out as Gay to my family. Thankfully I was blessed with an accepting family. After about 5 months I then said I was straight.  It didn't end there though. because last year I said I was bisexual. Now just 2 weeks ago at the age of 23 I have definitely decided I am Gay. 

It is still hard for me to be aware of my feelings though, due to my Autism diagnosis and not being able to recognize what different feelings mean. Do any of you guys struggle with similar conflicts? I know I like girls I just have a hard time figuring out if I am in fact Gay. 

I hope I explained everything okay, I also have learning disabilities too that I can't explain things very well. If anything doesn't make sense please don't hesitate to let me know. :) 

-Kamy

Hey Kamy,

You explained all of that perfectly well, so thanks for that :) 

I'm curious to know, what helped you to definitely decide that you're gay? I think that some people can struggle to be absolutely certain, so I'm curious to see what helped you as other people here also may find it useful. Speak soon! 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hey Kamy,

You explained all of that perfectly well, so thanks for that :) 

I'm curious to know, what helped you to definitely decide that you're gay? I think that some people can struggle to be absolutely certain, so I'm curious to see what helped you as other people here also may find it useful. Speak soon! 

Hi there,

So after I first came out at 13 and then said I was straight 5 months later, 10 years went by with me noticing more and more that I get a certain feeling when I see a woman I like. I get butterflies in my stomach (I never get that feeling with guys),  and my heart seems to beat a certain way when I like a woman. 

I have never been in a relationship with another girl, so I have crushes rather than real life experience. But when I see someone (like an actress) that my heart seems to flutter for I instantly know that this must be what it feels like to be into the same sex. 

I hope I explained that okay, I sometimes tend to ramble due to my disabilities. Let me know if you need me to clarify anything that didn't make sense.

-Kamy

Hey,

Again, you explained that really well. So, I guess there's something in paying attention to the way your body feels as that can be a sign. I'm sure our members will find that really helpful, thanks :) 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Again, you explained that really well. So, I guess there's something in paying attention to the way your body feels as that can be a sign. I'm sure our members will find that really helpful, thanks :) 

You are so welcome! :) 

• Like 1