New here and confused

DiamondSouffle    

I'm new here and do not know how to really begin, but here goes... I have spent the majority of my life being attracted to guys, but have found out recently that I find myself attracted to women as well. I don't want to put a label on it (not comfortable with that atp in my life, but could be that since this is all new to me), but would really appreciate some advice from people who might have gone through a similar experience as well.

I want to talk to my family and friends about it and get their advice, but want to figure things out for myself a bit first, especially since I am not sure how they may react. 

8 minutes ago, DiamondSouffle said:

I'm new here and do not know how to really begin, but here goes... I have spent the majority of my life being attracted to guys, but have found out recently that I find myself attracted to women as well. I don't want to put a label on it (not comfortable with that atp in my life, but could be that since this is all new to me), but would really appreciate some advice from people who might have gone through a similar experience as well.

I want to talk to my family and friends about it and get their advice, but want to figure things out for myself a bit first, especially since I am not sure how they may react. 

Hey @DiamondSouffle I am @Olivia05 first I want to say welcome to the community there are tons of people that you can talk to and get to know because this community is full of amazing people. Second I want to say before you tell you family and friends I would do research first to be ready for any questions that they may have because they may be curious or not be fully educated on the subject and you could help along the way. I’ve also been/going through the same situation because I’m currently trying to figure out how to tell my mom I’m bisexual/pansexual (I don’t know which one I am yet still trying to figure that out myself) I’ve already told my friends and since some of them are also bisexual all of them were ok with it and was just really nice abt it except for one of my friends but he’s starting to turn around. Sorry this convo isn’t abt me it’s abt u, but as I was saying was just do you research first and be ready and educated on the subject before you talk to your family and friends. If you need any help you can talk to anyone of here as well as the @Digital Mentor because they’ve helped me a lot. Also if you want to talk to just the mentors and not want anyone to see if you could go to the confidential support beside the blogs up top and they will respond as soon as they can. Like I said everyone here is great and will help you through out everything. Good luck!😊

17 hours ago, DiamondSouffle said:

First off, it's totally normal to find your attractions to change, and it's also chill that you don't want to put a label on it. My advice is to, honestly, trust what you're feeling, even if it seems weird for now, or it's changing, because sexuality is not a solid thing, and it can change and develop as time goes on. Hope this helped!