My family problem

Artemis0222

I live with my aunt after being kicked out for being trans. My aunt is homophobic but I don’t think she knows it. She always says that she had gay friends and that it doesn’t bother her but I’m pan and trans and don’t think she’ll accept me. I’m also too scared to tell her bc when I asked if she would call me by my pronouns and not my dead name she said she’ll call me she or my dead name and it really upsets me. What can I do?

• Digital Mentor

Hey @Artemis0222

Thank you for coming to us for advice. I'm really sorry to hear that you were kicked out for being trans. How are you feeling at the moment? I can imagine that you must be feeling quite hurt and abandoned by who you were living with before, and I just want you to know that we are here for you if you want to talk more about this. How is it going at your aunt's house? I'm glad you had somewhere else to go and I hope that you're safe there? It's interesting that she said she will call you by your old name and  pronouns. I'm wondering, did you give any reasons for a possible change in your name and pronouns? For example, saying that 'If I were trans, would you call me by my real name and pronouns?' I'm thinking that she might not see the point of doing so if you didn't explain that to her and might change her mind if she knew. Speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sirken
      Hello.
      im Kenneth. I've sorta just come here as a last resort, I guess. I'm not sure.
      I live with my mom. My dad left and my mom won't let me see him- I'm closeted trans and gay and I'm horrified to tell my mom. She's homophobic, transphobic- she's a bad person and she's put me through enough. She has serious anger issues and hurts me over the smallest things.
      I want to be happy. I want to be in an accepting, good family. I want to feel and look how I want to- It makes it worse that if I do anything slightly masculine she goes off the deep end. Did I mention she's hardcore fake Christian? 
      so yeah. I don't know what to do and have decided to come to this place for help. Thanks! 

-Ken
    • By xXAshBlossomXx
      For as long as I can remember I've felt like I don't fit in with the other guys. As I was growing up I had thought countless times that maybe I was meant to be a girl but until sometime last year, I hadn't thought into it much.
      I think I'm trans but a friend of mine, who hasn't really known me that long, doesn't think that I am and thinks I might just be a femboy. I've been having doubts about whether I am trans or not and her comment hasn't helped. I can't come out as trans irl currently but I've been living as a girl online in a game called imvu and I feel happy when people use she/her pronouns when referring to me and when people call me the name I picked.
      I don't know what to think, I feel I'd be happier as a girl but I'm scared I'll regret it if I do.
    • By HowToBreakTheSun
      Hi! I'm Katie, and I am a lesbian. I really want to tell my parents, they keep pushing me to date guys. I have teachers at my school, but can I trust them? I don't have any friends, and I just really need to tell them. The problem? They're homophobic. I can't go to live with any relatives, they all live in Russia or Mexico. So, what should I do? 
      Thanks! 
    • By Princess-Lilly
      i have loved my daughter's dad for agres he has hurt me abused me and i still have that attraction even though he hurt me pretty badly, is it normal or am i being stupid? I can't let go for some reason help please. he says he loves me and says he's sorry for hurting me but is he? he got so much love since being with me and i am confused ahhh
    • By umi
      Hey guys, I have a question for those who speak languages that don't have gender neutral pronouns nor names, like mine (portuguese), or anyone who has any ideas.
      In my language, we not only just have she/her or he/him pronouns, but almost every word has an he/him version or a she/her version, and no neutral version. Literally almost every word. It's very dificult to not misgender myself ahaha.
      But, yeah, does anyone has any advice or any idea about what to do in this situation? Appreciate your time ❤️