This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Safe place for the people who self harm!

Kenzie! Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hello!

Im kenzie. I struggle with self harm all the time and i want to recover but its rly hard to. i think i do it bc i feel like it helps with stress or i deserve it.Β 

Β 

• Digital Mentor

17 hours ago, Kenzie! said:

Hello!

Im kenzie. I struggle with self harm all the time and i want to recover but its rly hard to. i think i do it bc i feel like it helps with stress or i deserve it.Β 

Hi there @Kenzie!, I've noticed that you are new here and I wanted to say a big welcome to the community. It's lovely to have you hereΒ πŸ˜€. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give support and advice to those that reach out to us.Β 

Thank you for opening up to us about your self harm. I know it can be difficult to talk about these kind of things and I am glad you've found us. As you mentioned in the title of your post, this is a safe space and you can talk about anything you like. We are here for you!Β 

Recovering from self harm can be really hard and it will take time. Please know though, that you are not alone and there are lots of others here who understand what you are going through . Do you mind me asking, if you have any support around you? And is there anything in particular that you have tried that you have helpful so far?Β 

Also, I thought it was interesting that you said that you do it bc it helps with the stress or that you feel you deserve it. Can you tell me a bit more about that? If you would rather talk about this confidentially then you can just click on the confidential support tab at the top of the page (next to Blogs) and send a message there instead

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 1/16/2023 at 6:58 PM, Kenzie! said:

Hello!

Hey @kenzie

We just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Take care.Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

_Kai_ was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness'

On 1/16/2023 at 10:58 AM, Kenzie! said:

Hello!

Ellooooo! Welcome to DTL, I'm Kai ^^

I struggled with Self H@rm for a long time as well, but I'm 3 months clean, I wanted to ask if you've tried other things to try & ease it down a bit? Such as: Listening to music whenever ur about to, drawing, or I've found sleeping even helps a bit, may I ask how ur day has been so far?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/20/2023 at 12:14 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @kenzie

We just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Take care.Β 

Im doing great! i havent self harmed in two weeks:) im really proud of my self

On 1/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, _Kai_ said:

Ellooooo! Welcome to DTL, I'm Kai ^^

I struggled with Self H@rm for a long time as well, but I'm 3 months clean, I wanted to ask if you've tried other things to try & ease it down a bit? Such as: Listening to music whenever ur about to, drawing, or I've found sleeping even helps a bit, may I ask how ur day has been so far?

Cg! and i have been doing good, i have been clean for two weeks:D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kenzie! said:

Im doing great! i havent self harmed in two weeks:) im really proud of my self

Hey,

That's great to hear. I'm wondering, what do you think has helped you to not self-harm for the past two weeks? What has been different?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e