Hi and help

biqueen    

So I moved school and it's pretty far away so I go on a coach. There is a girl on my coach who is a year older than me and this year we started secretly dating but I'm not really sure if that's what I'd call it. So in the coach we hold hands but my friends don't know I'm bi and that she is lesbian. I am trying to figure out how to tell my parents and I have a younger brother who isn't at an age where he can understand. I told one of my friends but I don't know how to tell my new friends. I tried so hard to fit in and I feel like if I tell them then they won't like me.

Can someone please help?

(I'm also new here hi)

Heyy, so I think first of all you should think about yourself like if you really want to and feel ready to come out to your new friends and your parents. I am bi myself and it’s really helped me to know that you shouldn’t feel obliged to come out and that there really is no rush. If you really want to tell them I would suggest to first tell the person you think is easiest to come out to and who will probably react the best. Then later when you are more confident you can move on to tell the people who might be more difficult. Also remember that even if you decide to come out to a certain person don’t try to force yourself to come out in the first possible moment but rather do it when it feels right. 

You also mentioned that some of your new friends won’t like you if you tell them. About that, I know you probably don’t want to hear that but you shouldn’t have to pretend to be someone you are not especially around your friends. I’m sure you’re an amazing person and if they can’t see that and appreciate you for who you really are then they don’t really deserve you. 

Edited by Vanessa_
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vanessa_ said:

Heyy, so I think first of all you should think about yourself like if you really want to and feel ready to come out to your new friends and your parents. I am bi myself and it’s really helped me to know that you shouldn’t feel obliged to come out and that there really is no rush. If you really want to tell them I would suggest to first tell the person you think is easiest to come out to and who will probably react the best. Then later when you are more confident you can move on to tell the people who might be more difficult. Also remember that even if you decide to come out to a certain person don’t try to force yourself to come out in the first possible moment but rather do it when it feels right. 

You also mentioned that some of your new friends won’t like you if you tell them. About that, I know you probably don’t want to hear that but you shouldn’t have to pretend to be someone you are not especially around your friends. I’m sure you’re an amazing person and if they can’t see that and appreciate you for who you really are then they don’t really deserve you. 

Thx for the help. I will try this in the future.