This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle    

• Digital Mentor
10 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

The signs of mental health getting worse is that I'm not getting out as much as I used to. And I just want to stay home and not go out. I'm also not getting good sleep I've been getting around 6 hours of sleep for a while and I don't know whats triggered it. for prom was because i was with friends and family and seeing my favourite teachers

Thank you 😊

It's really good that you have noticed that. I think you're right, both sleep and not wanting to go out can be signs that we are not feeling very well. Often the two are linked as well, the less we go out, the more difficult we find it to sleep at night and the less sleep we get, the less we feel like doing stuff during the day. Does that make sense? What do you think might be easier to change - your sleeping habits or going out more during the day? Also, do you mind me asking if you are still seeing your counsellor or has that stopped over the summer? 

Prom sounds great! Has school finished now?  If so, do you still get to see your friends? It sounds like seeing your friends is something that you really enjoy. Is that right?

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

It's really good that you have noticed that. I think you're right, both sleep and not wanting to go out can be signs that we are not feeling very well. Often the two are linked as well, the less we go out, the more difficult we find it to sleep at night and the less sleep we get, the less we feel like doing stuff during the day. Does that make sense? What do you think might be easier to change - your sleeping habits or going out more during the day? Also, do you mind me asking if you are still seeing your counsellor or has that stopped over the summer? 

Prom sounds great! Has school finished now?  If so, do you still get to see your friends? It sounds like seeing your friends is something that you really enjoy. Is that right?

Yeah that makes sense. Think getting out more will be easier to change. I had my last session yesterday and it's carrying on after the summer. Yes school will be finishing tomorrow. Some days I get to see them. And yes I enjoy seeing them.

• Digital Mentor
5 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah that makes sense. Think getting out more will be easier to change. I had my last session yesterday and it's carrying on after the summer. Yes school will be finishing tomorrow. Some days I get to see them. And yes I enjoy seeing them.

How do you feel about school finishing and have you made plans to see your friends over the summer? That might help with getting out more. Can you think of anything else that might help you to get out the house more? 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

How do you feel about school finishing and have you made plans to see your friends over the summer? That might help with getting out more. Can you think of anything else that might help you to get out the house more? 

Well I finished school like 4 weeks ago after my GCSE'S. Yeah we have made plans with my friends. I'm hoping that it will help me get out more. I don't really know I've got alot of doctors appointments so might help. 

• Digital Mentor
On 7/19/2023 at 1:25 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Well I finished school like 4 weeks ago after my GCSE'S. Yeah we have made plans with my friends. I'm hoping that it will help me get out more. I don't really know I've got alot of doctors appointments so might help. 

It's nice to hear that you've made plans to see your friends. When are you next seeing them? Also, I can remember you enjoyed being off school during your holidays in June and you were feeling a lot more relaxed and like you could focus on yourself and your own wellbeing. Do you mind me asking, what you think is different this time? You mentioned that you were going for a run in the mornings then. Is that still something you're doing? If not, do you think that might be something you'd like to start up again? 

You also mentioned a lot of doctor's appointments. Do you mind me asking, if that's related to when you had to go to hospital? I hope everything is OK. We're here for you. 

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

It's nice to hear that you've made plans to see your friends. When are you next seeing them? Also, I can remember you enjoyed being off school during your holidays in June and you were feeling a lot more relaxed and like you could focus on yourself and your own wellbeing. Do you mind me asking, what you think is different this time? You mentioned that you were going for a run in the mornings then. Is that still something you're doing? If not, do you think that might be something you'd like to start up again? 

You also mentioned a lot of doctor's appointments. Do you mind me asking, if that's related to when you had to go to hospital? I hope everything is OK. We're here for you. 

I'm seeing them again in the week. Yeah I did. I don't know what it's different might just been thinking about going college or sixthform. I've stopped doing that because I keep waking up at like 12. I don't know if I will pick it back up. Yep unfortunately I do have alot of doctors appointments. It's just check ups and blood tests to see how I'm doing when got our of hospital. Thank you yes I'm hoping everything is ok. 

• Digital Mentor
On 7/21/2023 at 6:14 PM, Treacle 246 said:

I'm seeing them again in the week. Yeah I did. I don't know what it's different might just been thinking about going college or sixthform. I've stopped doing that because I keep waking up at like 12. I don't know if I will pick it back up. Yep unfortunately I do have alot of doctors appointments. It's just check ups and blood tests to see how I'm doing when got our of hospital. Thank you yes I'm hoping everything is ok. 

I'm glad to hear they are checking up on you and I hope everything is OK. Have you mentioned to them how you have been feeling? It might be good for the doctor to know as well, in case any of this is linked to what happened to you. It sounded like it was a pretty scary experience when you had to go to hospital. Is that right? 

Would you like to tell me a bit more about the thoughts you've been having about going to college or sixth form?  Do you think it might be helpful to talk about it? 

I can understand why you stopped running. I'm wondering whether it might be a good idea to start that up again though? Physical exercise can really help us with stress and anxiety and it can also help with our sleep. What do you think? If you think it might be a good idea, what would need to change so you can start running again? 

It's nice to hear that you're seeing your friends again in the week. Have you noticed that you feel different when you are with your friends? 

I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions. I feel like there might be different reasons as to why you are feeling low at the moment and what you might find helpful right now. That's why I thought we could maybe explore different ideas together. I hope that's Ok with you. Please don't feel you have to answer all my questions if you don't want to. 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear they are checking up on you and I hope everything is OK. Have you mentioned to them how you have been feeling? It might be good for the doctor to know as well, in case any of this is linked to what happened to you. It sounded like it was a pretty scary experience when you had to go to hospital. Is that right? 

Would you like to tell me a bit more about the thoughts you've been having about going to college or sixth form?  Do you think it might be helpful to talk about it? 

I can understand why you stopped running. I'm wondering whether it might be a good idea to start that up again though? Physical exercise can really help us with stress and anxiety and it can also help with our sleep. What do you think? If you think it might be a good idea, what would need to change so you can start running again? 

It's nice to hear that you're seeing your friends again in the week. Have you noticed that you feel different when you are with your friends? 

I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions. I feel like there might be different reasons as to why you are feeling low at the moment and what you might find helpful right now. That's why I thought we could maybe explore different ideas together. I hope that's Ok with you. Please don't feel you have to answer all my questions if you don't want to. 

Yeah everything is ok. Yes I've been talking to friends about how I feel. Yeah I told her and she said it's linked she didn't really say much after that. Yeah what happened to me was a scary experience. Sixthform is I want to go since I know the teachers there. But I'm afraid that I might not get the grades that I want. College is easier than sixthform. Yeah I've noticed that I'm different around them like I'm smiling and laughing alot. No I don't mind. Yeah I think there is different reasons. That's alright thank you. 

• Digital Mentor
On 7/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah everything is ok. Yes I've been talking to friends about how I feel. Yeah I told her and she said it's linked she didn't really say much after that. Yeah what happened to me was a scary experience. Sixthform is I want to go since I know the teachers there. But I'm afraid that I might not get the grades that I want. College is easier than sixthform. Yeah I've noticed that I'm different around them like I'm smiling and laughing alot. No I don't mind. Yeah I think there is different reasons. That's alright thank you. 

Thank you for your reply. How are you feeling today? I'm really glad to hear that you seem to be smiling and laughing a lot around your friends. Do you think you might be able to meet up with them more often during the holidays? 

With everything going on, what do you think is on your mind the most? 

Staff-Account.png

9 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Thank you for your reply. How are you feeling today? I'm really glad to hear that you seem to be smiling and laughing a lot around your friends. Do you think you might be able to meet up with them more often during the holidays? 

With everything going on, what do you think is on your mind the most? 

I'm feeling good today thank you. Yeah I feel like I'm my self around friends but I don't think I will be able to meet up with alot of my friends since they are all on holiday for a few weeks and I'm also going on holiday. 

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

I'm feeling good today thank you. Yeah I feel like I'm my self around friends but I don't think I will be able to meet up with alot of my friends since they are all on holiday for a few weeks and I'm also going on holiday. 

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Can you think of anything that has made a difference? 

That's lovely that you are going on holiday - are you looking forward to going? Do you mind me asking who you are going with and where are you going? 

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Can you think of anything that has made a difference? 

That's lovely that you are going on holiday - are you looking forward to going? Do you mind me asking who you are going with and where are you going? 

I don't really know to be honest still trying to find out what it is that's different. Yes I'm looking forward to it. I'm going with my mum and we're going Bournemouth 

• Digital Mentor
On 7/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really know to be honest still trying to find out what it is that's different. Yes I'm looking forward to it. I'm going with my mum and we're going Bournemouth 

That sounds lovely! I've been to Bournemouth beach before and really liked it there. I hope you have a great time 🙂

How are you feeling today? 

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

That sounds lovely! I've been to Bournemouth beach before and really liked it there. I hope you have a great time 🙂

How are you feeling today? 

I'm feeling better went to Leamington with some friends today it was very lovely. Me and mum have been to Bournemouth multiple times we love it there. 

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

I'm feeling better went to Leamington with some friends today it was very lovely. Me and mum have been to Bournemouth multiple times we love it there. 

That all sounds great 😀. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. Thinking about why that might be, I'm wondering whether seeing friends and having something to look forward to might have helped to lift your mood. What do you think? Can you think of anything else that has helped? 

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 11:00 AM, Aurora said:

That all sounds great 😀. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better. Thinking about why that might be, I'm wondering whether seeing friends and having something to look forward to might have helped to lift your mood. What do you think? Can you think of anything else that has helped? 

Thank you sorry I've been really busy. Yeah I think seeing friends have made me feel better. I got my results yesterday and I'm going to sixthform at my school but have to resist English and maths which I'm fine about. I'm going Bicester on Tuesday with some friends and going shopping today to get some clothes for sixthform. 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Treacle 246 said:

Thank you sorry I've been really busy. Yeah I think seeing friends have made me feel better. I got my results yesterday and I'm going to sixthform at my school but have to resist English and maths which I'm fine about. I'm going Bicester on Tuesday with some friends and going shopping today to get some clothes for sixthform. 

Thanks so much for the update. And no need to apologise. You can always just reply whenever is best for you - there is no pressure!

It's good to hear you've been busy. I hope you had a lovely summer break. And it sounds like you have a few more exciting things planned. Do you like going shopping with your friend? 

It sounds like you are pleased with your exam results, too, which is great! I know you worked really hard. When does sixthform start? 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Thanks so much for the update. And no need to apologise. You can always just reply whenever is best for you - there is no pressure!

It's good to hear you've been busy. I hope you had a lovely summer break. And it sounds like you have a few more exciting things planned. Do you like going shopping with your friend? 

It sounds like you are pleased with your exam results, too, which is great! I know you worked really hard. When does sixthform start? 

Ok thank you. Yeah I have. Yeah there is it I'm excited for everything. Yeah I do I love it. Yeah I am I was scared at first to open my results but when opening them with my head of year helped. Sixthform starts on the 7th of September for 15 minutes then it start properly on 8th of September.

• Digital Mentor
On 8/25/2023 at 2:17 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Ok thank you. Yeah I have. Yeah there is it I'm excited for everything. Yeah I do I love it. Yeah I am I was scared at first to open my results but when opening them with my head of year helped. Sixthform starts on the 7th of September for 15 minutes then it start properly on 8th of September.

That's nice that you only have to go in for a short amount of time on your first day 🙂

Are you looking forward to starting Sixthform? Can I ask, will you still be seeing the school counsellor when you go back to school? I got the impression that you found the sessions really helpful. 

Staff-Account.png

40 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's nice that you only have to go in for a short amount of time on your first day 🙂

Are you looking forward to starting Sixthform? Can I ask, will you still be seeing the school counsellor when you go back to school? I got the impression that you found the sessions really helpful. 

Yeah it is. Yeah I am also nervous. Yes I will I will also keep seeing the school nurse. Yeah they were very helpful. 

Going Bicester tomorrow with some friends and going shopping today to get clothes for sixthform 

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah it is. Yeah I am also nervous. Yes I will I will also keep seeing the school nurse. Yeah they were very helpful. 

Going Bicester tomorrow with some friends and going shopping today to get clothes for sixthform 

How lovely! Bicester is great for shopping!! I hope you find something nice. 

I can understand why you are feeling nervous - when we start something new it's natural to feel a bit nervous about it (even if it's at your old school). Is there anything in particular that is making you anxious?  I'm really glad to hear that you can keep seeing the school nurse and your counsellor. Does that make you feel a bit less nervous about going? 

Staff-Account.png

On 8/29/2023 at 10:11 AM, Aurora said:

How lovely! Bicester is great for shopping!! I hope you find something nice. 

I can understand why you are feeling nervous - when we start something new it's natural to feel a bit nervous about it (even if it's at your old school). Is there anything in particular that is making you anxious?  I'm really glad to hear that you can keep seeing the school nurse and your counsellor. Does that make you feel a bit less nervous about going? 

Well I have all my clothes for sixthform. Not that I can think of. Yeah I'm glad aswell since they have helped out so much throughout school. Yeah it's just different from normal school because it's not full time 

14 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Well I have all my clothes for sixthform. Not that I can think of. Yeah I'm glad aswell since they have helped out so much throughout school. Yeah it's just different from normal school because it's not full time 

Hi can I help?

1 minute ago, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really know 

Well if you need a friend Im here for you 😊