This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle Β  Β 

1 minute ago, Treacle 246 said:

Thank you 😊

Anytime!!!!

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Well I have all my clothes for sixthform. Not that I can think of. Yeah I'm glad aswell since they have helped out so much throughout school. Yeah it's just different from normal school because it's not full timeΒ 

That's great. It sounds like you're all prepared πŸ™‚. Are you happy with the clothes you got?Β 

I'm wondering, whether it not being full time is making you feel a bit anxious, because it's different from what you're used to. It's really normal to feel nervous before we start something new. What I like to do in those situations is to remind myself that there are lots of others who will be feeling the same. What you might also find helpful is to think of everything that will stay the same eg you'll still be seeing your friends, the same school nurse and your counsellor. Is there anything else that will stay the same?

Staff-Account.png

10 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's great. It sounds like you're all prepared πŸ™‚. Are you happy with the clothes you got?Β 

I'm wondering, whether it not being full time is making you feel a bit anxious, because it's different from what you're used to. It's really normal to feel nervous before we start something new. What I like to do in those situations is to remind myself that there are lots of others who will be feeling the same. What you might also find helpful is to think of everything that will stay the same eg you'll still be seeing your friends, the same school nurse and your counsellor. Is there anything else that will stay the same?

Yeah I am happy about the clothes. I think so. Yeah that's very true I will be seeing them which is the same. The library will be the same and the same librarian.Β 

• Digital Mentor
4 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I am happy about the clothes. I think so. Yeah that's very true I will be seeing them which is the same. The library will be the same and the same librarian.Β 

Great. So there are a few things that will be the same. Hopefully that will make everything a bit easier. How about the building - is that the same, too or do you go to a different building? And what about how you get to school and lunch time? Will that be the same?Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Great. So there are a few things that will be the same. Hopefully that will make everything a bit easier. How about the building - is that the same, too or do you go to a different building? And what about how you get to school and lunch time? Will that be the same?Β 

Yeah there are. It's in the same building but a different part of it. Lunch and break time has all changed. Getting to school is the same.Β 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah there are. It's in the same building but a different part of it. Lunch and break time has all changed. Getting to school is the same.Β 

That's nice that getting to school is the same and that you know the building (even if it's in a different part of it). Have you arranged to meet your friends on the first day back so you can go in together or will you be going in on your own?Β 

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

That's nice that getting to school is the same and that you know the building (even if it's in a different part of it). Have you arranged to meet your friends on the first day back so you can go in together or will you be going in on your own?Β 

I'm going to arrange to meet friends at the same time so we can go in together think that will be better for me.Β 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Treacle 246 said:

I'm going to arrange to meet friends at the same time so we can go in together think that will be better for me.Β 

That sounds good. If you like you can let us know how it goes (no pressure though). We're here for you

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes I will let you know how it goes. Thank you.Β 

Of course. I hope it goes really well.Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 9/1/2023 at 4:10 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Same I hope it goes well. Thank youΒ 

Hi Aurora are you free to talk.Β 

I'm feeling like my mental health is going down and one of my friends are treating me like I'm invisible and keeps taking me for granted and keep.thinkinh about everything that has happened since starting year 7 and all the thing's that happened with my familyΒ 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora are you free to talk.Β 

I'm feeling like my mental health is going down and one of my friends are treating me like I'm invisible and keeps taking me for granted and keep.thinkinh about everything that has happened since starting year 7 and all the thing's that happened with my familyΒ 

Hi there, I'm sorry I'm only replying now. I had something else on. Thanks for reaching out. I know it can be difficult to ask for help when we are feeling like this and I'm really glad you're letting me know, what's going on for you right now. Would you like to continue speaking here or would you prefer it if I send you a message via confidential support?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Hi there, I'm sorry I'm only replying now. I had something else on. Thanks for reaching out. I know it can be difficult to ask for help when we are feeling like this and I'm really glad you're letting me know, what's going on for you right now. Would you like to continue speaking here or would you prefer it if I send you a message via confidential support?Β 

It's alright. It is hard to ask for help. I think I would prefer a via confidential support message pleaseΒ 

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

It's alright. It is hard to ask for help. I think I would prefer a via confidential support message pleaseΒ 

No problem. I've just sent you a message on Confidential Support so we can continue talking there.Β 

Staff-Account.png

No problem. I've just sent you a message on Confidential Support so we can continue talking there.Β 

Ok thank you but I don't know how to reply I might have to reply later going out with some friends to town to get school stuffΒ 

• Digital Mentor
4 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Ok thank you but I don't know how to reply I might have to reply later going out with some friends to town to get school stuffΒ 

No problem. If you click onto Confidential Support (at the top of the page, next to Blogs) you should be able to see my message there and you can reply there as well. Any problems let me know. I do have to log off soon but I will be back online tomorrow. If you would like to speak to someone before tomorrow, just mention it in your message and one of the other support mentors will get back to you.Β 

I'm glad to hear you're going out with some friends to town. Hopefully that will help to take your mind off things a little. Maybe you can even open up to them if you feel comfortable to?Β  Please know that you're not alone and there is support around you.Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

No problem. If you click onto Confidential Support (at the top of the page, next to Blogs) you should be able to see my message there and you can reply there as well. Any problems let me know. I do have to log off soon but I will be back online tomorrow. If you would like to speak to someone before tomorrow, just mention it in your message and one of the other support mentors will get back to you.Β 

I'm glad to hear you're going out with some friends to town. Hopefully that will help to take your mind off things a little. Maybe you can even open up to them if you feel comfortable to?Β  Please know that you're not alone and there is support around you.Β 

For some reason it won't let me reply could we just talk on here might be easier. I will have to log off soon aswellΒ 

• Digital Mentor
14 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

For some reason it won't let me reply could we just talk on here might be easier. I will have to log off soon aswellΒ 

Sure, no problem. Do you know if anything has triggered the thoughts you've been having around what happened to you at school and with your family? Is there anything you can think of that might help you to feel more calm and less overwhelmed by the thoughts you've been having? What has helped you in the past?Β 

Also, have you tried talking to your friend? They might not know, how their behaviour is making you feel. What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Sure, no problem. Do you know if anything has triggered the thoughts you've been having around what happened to you at school and with your family? Is there anything you can think of that might help you to feel more calm and less overwhelmed by the thoughts you've been having? What has helped you in the past?Β 

Also, have you tried talking to your friend? They might not know, how their behaviour is making you feel. What do you think?Β 

I don't really know to be honest. I think just talking about it to friends and other people who will understand. I think it was talking to my counsellor and the school nurse and teachers at school.Β 

Β 

They know how there behaviour is making me feel but they are still doing it I'm kind of fed up with her treating me like this.Β 

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really know to be honest. I think just talking about it to friends and other people who will understand. I think it was talking to my counsellor and the school nurse and teachers at school.Β 

They know how there behaviour is making me feel but they are still doing it I'm kind of fed up with her treating me like this.Β 

Hi @Treacle 246,

I'm Duckie, one of the support mentors. How are you feeling right now?

Is this friend of yours in school with you? Have they always taken you for granted or is this something that has started recently? Regardless, it sounds like it's really upsetting you. Would you feel comfortable telling your friend how you feel? What does your mutual friends make of this?

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Treacle 246,

I'm Duckie, one of the support mentors. How are you feeling right now?

Is this friend of yours in school with you? Have they always taken you for granted or is this something that has started recently? Regardless, it sounds like it's really upsetting you. Would you feel comfortable telling your friend how you feel? What does your mutual friends make of this?

I don't really know right now I will have to see how I feel when I go to bed and if I can sleep. No she isn't she's gone to college and I'm going to sixthform. No she has done this multiple of times. Yeah it is upsetting me. I've told her multiple of times but she just keeps doing it. They just say stop talking to her.Β 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really know right now I will have to see how I feel when I go to bed and if I can sleep. No she isn't she's gone to college and I'm going to sixthform. No she has done this multiple of times. Yeah it is upsetting me. I've told her multiple of times but she just keeps doing it. They just say stop talking to her.Β 

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear that. That sounds really tough, especially since you've done everything in your power to make her understand how it makes you feel. Yes, you can stop talking to her, but I think that sounds way too simple to be honest. You might feel like you want to give your friend a fair chance to take in your feedback and change her behaviour. And you might still have good moments with her despite her behaviour, which adds more nuances to the situation. I completely get how you feel. Are you due to see her anytime soon?

Maybe some time apart will make her realise you are not to be taken for granted. How was your first day of school? Did you start today? How did you feel?

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Duckie said:

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear that. That sounds really tough, especially since you've done everything in your power to make her understand how it makes you feel. Yes, you can stop talking to her, but I think that sounds way too simple to be honest. You might feel like you want to give your friend a fair chance to take in your feedback and change her behaviour. And you might still have good moments with her despite her behaviour, which adds more nuances to the situation. I completely get how you feel. Are you due to see her anytime soon?

Maybe some time apart will make her realise you are not to be taken for granted. How was your first day of school? Did you start today? How did you feel?

Yeah it is tough. Yes I have tried to make her understand. No I'm not meeting up with her for a while but the thing that's annoying is that she just messages me to talk about all the bad stuff that's going on in her life the thing is she knows what's going on but she tries to make me feel bad. I've not talked to her for about two weeks haven't met up with her for two weeks and she is still taking me for granted. I'm kind of just fed up with her treating me like this.Β