I want to tell my mom I think I'm pansexual, but I don't know when or how.

KAILAH Β  Β 

For a while now, I've been pretty sure that I'm Pansexual. I'd say for about almost 2 years. My whole family, including myself, are Christian. All of the adults and elders in my family don't support the LGBTQ+ community. The only person that knows I'm pretty sure I'm Pansexual is my older cousin, who is also struggling with her sexuality. My mom and I are closer than we've ever been before, and I feel like I should tell her soon since her and I are so close, and we are both very vulnerable to each other, and we always have been. I just feel like I should tell her, but I don't want to tell her and have something go wrong. Does anyone have any advive? I would really appreciate any advice. Have a good day/night!

Hey,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I'm wondering, if you do come out, is there a chance you could be put in any danger at all, such as getting kicked out or being abused for example? Also, can I ask, do you feel ready to come out?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I’m Bella I recently found out I am pansexual Both of my parents and my grandparents are homophobic my brother knows I am pansexualΒ Β he support me but none of my other family knows and I’m pretty sure my sisters are all good with it but they don’t know either Β πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ can someone please help me. I need to know how to come out.Β 
Β 

3 hours ago, bella123alice c. said:

Hi I’m Bella I recently found out I am pansexual Both of my parents and my grandparents are homophobic my brother knows I am pansexualΒ Β he support me but none of my other family knows and I’m pretty sure my sisters are all good with it but they don’t know either Β πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯ can someone please help me. I need to know how to come out.Β 
Β 

Hey Bella,

Welcome to the DTL community.

I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out.

I'm glad to hear that your brother is supportive and it's promising to hear that you're sure your sisters are all good with it. I'm wondering, in terms of actually coming out, are you ready to do this? Also, how do you think it would go if you did it soon?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e