This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Trauma, Violence

Gay with homophobic parents

Salina    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Trauma, Violence

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So I just recently realized I like girls and as a girl that has  homophobic parents I don’t know what to do I am sure I like girls I realized  not all girls think  some girls are attractive because they are more masculine I thought that I only found them attractive because I thought they looked like “boys” i have come out to most of my friends and it is a pretty known thing about me and I’m comfortable with it because I’ve always found more masc women attractive Although I live with my parents and they have straight out told me that if I was not straight I wouldn’t be allowed to hang out with boys or girls today my parents took my phone and read my messages that I was talking about a girl I like and my step dad called me my sisters name who lied and said I wasn’t being hit by my brother and it wasn’t just kids fighting he was abusive to both me and my mom my mom still talks to her and doesn’t care it hurts me my step dad knows what he did and what she lied about and he’ll call me her name as a insult ended up coming up with a lie and he Believed it I think but the girl I like has been out for a while now and doesn’t wanna date me if I’m not out and my parents won’t like it because she doesn’t wanna be treated like shot so I get that but it still sucks and I don’t know what to do I know that won’t kick me out but my step dad might be really mean and just not like me and generally my Mom follows his lead but I really like the girl and don’t wanna lose her 

Edited by Salina

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey @Salina Welcome to the Community! 😊

I feel sometimes it’s beneficial to talk things through. We do have Trained Mentors who are able to give support and advice so I will tag them in below so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @Monsoon & @Blondie

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate, Trauma, Violence

Click this notice to reveal the content.
7 hours ago, Salina said:

So I just recently realized I like girls and as a girl that has  homophobic parents I don’t know what to do I am sure I like girls I realized  not all girls think  some girls are attractive because they are more masculine I thought that I only found them attractive because I thought they looked like “boys” i have come out to most of my friends and it is a pretty known thing about me and I’m comfortable with it because I’ve always found more masc women attractive Although I live with my parents and they have straight out told me that if I was not straight I wouldn’t be allowed to hang out with boys or girls today my parents took my phone and read my messages that I was talking about a girl I like and my step dad called me my sisters name who lied and said I wasn’t being hit by my brother and it wasn’t just kids fighting he was abusive to both me and my mom my mom still talks to her and doesn’t care it hurts me my step dad knows what he did and what she lied about and he’ll call me her name as a insult ended up coming up with a lie and he Believed it I think but the girl I like has been out for a while now and doesn’t wanna date me if I’m not out and my parents won’t like it because she doesn’t wanna be treated like shot so I get that but it still sucks and I don’t know what to do I know that won’t kick me out but my step dad might be really mean and just not like me and generally my Mom follows his lead but I really like the girl and don’t wanna lose her 

Hello Salina,

Thank you for coming out. I'm really sorry to hear that your brother abused you and your mom; I can't imagine how difficult this must have been for you, especially with your sister lying and your mom still talking to her. How does this feel for you? Also, can I ask, are you safe from your brother now? I know this might be hard for you to talk about, but we care about you here, and your safety is our number one priority. We hope to hear back from you soon so we can support you more with this. We've got your back. Take care. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e