This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide

GreyWasHere Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.

One of my best friends recently passed away due to suicide. I knew she was'nt feeling good and I tried to help her plenty of times, sadly it didn't save her. I know I'm not the only one in the world that have lost someone but this destroyed me.

It was about a month ago, her parents called me. And there they were, the worst words you could possibly hear. She was dead.

I have no clue what to do to feel better, trust me. My therapist says I have depression aswell now! It's understandable tho- I think. My father thinks it was my fault she committed suicide... He just wont believe me!Β 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.
48 minutes ago, GreyWasHere said:

One of my best friends recently passed away due to suicide. I knew she was'nt feeling good and I tried to help her plenty of times, sadly it didn't save her. I know I'm not the only one in the world that have lost someone but this destroyed me.

It was about a month ago, her parents called me. And there they were, the worst words you could possibly hear. She was dead.

I have no clue what to do to feel better, trust me. My therapist says I have depression aswell now! It's understandable tho- I think. My father thinks it was my fault she committed suicide... He just wont believe me!Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Hi @GreyWasHere, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Not only have you lost your friend but you also feel like your father is blaming you. That is a lot to deal with. Please know that it was not your fault! I'm wondering whether your father has also been affected by your friends suicide. Sometimes people deal with grief by blaming others. What do you think? And do you have any other support around you apart from your therapist? Also, please let me know if you prefer to talk about this confidentially. We are here for you.Β 

Staff-Account.png