Coming out to parents aghhh

JBong    

Hiiiiii. Im 22 years old and a gay man :). I’ve been struggling for awhile to come out to my parents. Im not exactly sure why because they’re accepting, liberal, and have said I can love whoever I want. I’ve been out to all my friends for years and I came out to my sister two years ago and planned to tell my parents but I just sorta stalled on that. I want to tell them asap but every time I open my mouth to tell them it’s like nothing comes out. Maybe because I’m making a big deal out of it but if anyone has advice on how I could casually bring it up that would be soooo helpful. I try to remind myself that the sooner I do it the sooner it’ll be over and the sooner we’ll live more normal lives but I just can’t get myself to say the words. Please lmk if anyone had any advice!! Thanks :)

• Digital Mentor

Hi @JBong,

Welcome to the Community 🙂. It's great to have you here. I'm Aurora, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

I've already replied to your confidential support request on this topic but maybe one of the other community members has some additional advice 🙂

Staff-Account.png