This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sex

Thinking about and figuring out my sexuality...

Brandon ย  ย 

Hi! I'm new here. โ˜บ๏ธ

So, as of lately, I've been thinking about and figuring out my sexuality. I've also been curious and interested in what a relationship with a guy or one of another gender would be like. I think what made me start thinking about my sexuality more was when a thought about myself kissing a guy appeared in my head one early morning, and I thought it felt nice and comforting. I should also note that I'm open to and willing to give a relationship with a guy or one of another gender a try (I've been in a relationship with a woman before).ย ย 

So, I'm just trying to figure out what my sexuality might be. Any insight to this will be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿงก

Edited by Brandon
Change of wording

• Ditch the Label Staff
27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hi! I'm new here. โ˜บ๏ธ

So, as of lately, I've been thinking about and figuring out my sexuality. I've also been curious and interested in what a relationship with a guy or one of another gender would be like. I think what made me start thinking about my sexuality more was when a thought about myself kissing a guy appeared in my head one early morning, and I thought it felt nice and comforting. I should also note that I'm open to and willing to give a relationship with a guy or one of another gender a try (I've been in a relationship with a woman before).ย ย 

So, I'm just trying to figure out what my sexuality might be. Any insight to this will be appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿงก

Welcome Brandon! Iโ€™m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

It sounds like you might be bisexual but as you mentioned being open to all genders Iโ€™m wondering if you feel you might be pansexual?

What do you think?

ย 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

Welcome Brandon! Iโ€™m Blondie, one of the support mentors.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

It sounds like you might be bisexual but as you mentioned being open to all genders Iโ€™m wondering if you feel you might be pansexual?

What do you think?

I appreciate the warm welcome! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

I've thought of myself as being bisexual for the past several weeks now (thought of myself as bicurious before that), especially after the warm thought of kissing a guy that I had. Sounds possible!ย 

Edited by Brandon
Addition of words

• Ditch the Label Staff
10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I appreciate the warm welcome! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

I've thought of myself as being bisexual for the past several weeks now (thought of myself as bicurious before that), especially after the warm thought of kissing a guy that I had. Sounds possible!ย 

I realise that thereโ€™s no rush while you figure things out but what does the thought of being romantic with a guy beyond kissing feel like?

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sex

Click this notice to reveal the content.
12 hours ago, Blondie said:

I realise that thereโ€™s no rush while you figure things out but what does the thought of being romantic with a guy beyond kissing feel like?

To somewhat answer this question and make a long story short here, me and this one guy I was friends with in high school met up somewhere secluded one night. Well, he then went down on me (to try to make it sound not very sexual, hence the added trigger warning). I thought about that for a long while after that happened, and at first, I thought, "What just happened?" Mind you, I was only into women back in high school. Fast forward to earlier this year, and this situation popped up in my head once again. I then thought to myself, "You know what? That actually wasn't too bad. Maybe I am into guys!"ย 

So, in short, I would say the thought of myself being romantic with a guy beyond kissing would be adventurous, since I've never actually been in a relationship with a guy before.ย 

• Ditch the Label Staff

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

To somewhat answer this question and make a long story short here, me and this one guy I was friends with in high school met up somewhere secluded one night. Well, he then went down on me (to try to make it sound not very sexual, hence the added trigger warning). I thought about that for a long while after that happened, and at first, I thought, "What just happened?" Mind you, I was only into women back in high school. Fast forward to earlier this year, and this situation popped up in my head once again. I then thought to myself, "You know what? That actually wasn't too bad. Maybe I am into guys!"ย 

So, in short, I would say the thought of myself being romantic with a guy beyond kissing would be adventurous, since I've never actually been in a relationship with a guy before.ย 

For many people that are bisexual, itโ€™s common to find that they will experience more attraction (sexual or romantic) to one gender. That doesnโ€™t invalidate their bisexuality in any way.

Or some people may find that their attraction to one of the genders is purely sexual.

I think itโ€™s a huge positive that you are open to relationships based on the person and not their gender.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

13 hours ago, Blondie said:

For many people that are bisexual, itโ€™s common to find that they will experience more attraction (sexual or romantic) to one gender. That doesnโ€™t invalidate their bisexuality in any way.

Or some people may find that their attraction to one of the genders is purely sexual.

I think itโ€™s a huge positive that you are open to relationships based on the person and not their gender.

All of this makes perfect sense to me!

In the case of relationships, who a person truly is, is far more important to me than their gender. I see this as a huge positive for me, too.ย 

Edited by Brandon
Addition of words
  • Like 1

So, I thought I'd come back and add some more to this topic...

The possibility of myself being attracted to more than one gender just grew bigger, and it was formed from a recent dream that I had.

Just the other night, I had a dream where I witnessed a tall, handsome man, who looked similar to Michael Bublรฉ, had jet black hair and a five o'clock shadow, standing at the cash register at a clothing store. He also sported a black tuxedo, as well as shiny white French tip nails to boot. My reaction to him: ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉโœจ๐Ÿ’•.ย 

I don't know. I just thought I'd throw this out there from my heart. It felt real, and despite this just being a dream, I hope to see that man again soon. ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜โœจ

I'm believing that the previous mention that I'm open to a relationship with someone of any other gender (other than a woman), combined with a thought and a dream of a guy that I had, could mean that I just might be either pansexual or omnisexual. It certainly does sound possible! โ˜บ๏ธ

ย 

ย 

Edited by Brandon
Addition of words

Hey,

Thanks for the update :)

It sounds like your dream was really helpful for you and has given you more of an understanding about your identity. It could very well be that you are pansexual or omnisexual. I'm curious about what you said around how in the case of relationships, who the person truly is is more important than their gender. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about this?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

13 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Thanks for the update :)

It sounds like your dream was really helpful for you and has given you more of an understanding about your identity. It could very well be that you are pansexual or omnisexual. I'm curious about what you said around how in the case of relationships, who the person truly is is more important than their gender. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about this?ย 

Well, what I mean is that as long as that person's personality is a wholesome one, that's really what's most important to me in a person.ย 

And, you're welcome for the update! ๐Ÿ˜

Hey,

That's interesting and definitely fits in with labels that include an attraction to multiple genders, especially when it is more about the person rather than their gender. I'm wondering, have you heard of the term demisexual before? If so, what do you think about that, and if you haven't, can you look into it and tell me what you think?ย 

On 6/13/2022 at 9:38 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

That's interesting and definitely fits in with labels that include an attraction to multiple genders, especially when it is more about the person rather than their gender. I'm wondering, have you heard of the term demisexual before? If so, what do you think about that, and if you haven't, can you look into it and tell me what you think?ย 

I have, and I don't personally consider myself to be demisexual or asexual. For now, however, as I have mentioned that I'm open to dating anyone regardless of gender, I consider myself to be pan/omnisexual.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:37 PM, Brandon said:

I have, and I don't personally consider myself to be demisexual or asexual. For now, however, as I have mentioned that I'm open to dating anyone regardless of gender, I consider myself to be pan/omnisexual.

Hey,

It sounds like you're in a good place in terms of figuring out who you are, especially with being open to dating anyone regardless of gender. Would you like anymore support with this for now, or are you alright?ย 

On 6/2/2022 at 5:10 PM, Brandon said:

Hi! I'm new here. โ˜บ๏ธ

This sounds like bisexuality to me, I could be wrong. Its okay to question your sexuality! no matter what, at the end of the day, you are valid.