Ask Me Anything: Divina de Campo - Drag Race ICON, LGBTQ+ advocate and performer

Divina de Campo Β  Β 

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

This AMA is now closed. Thank you toΒ everybodyΒ who submitted a question and a huge thank you to @Divina de Campo for joining us!

Hi everybody!

I'm so excited to be doing this and to join you in the Ditch the Label community.

I'm Divina de Campo, best known from RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 1. Generally singing, dancing and laughing a lot while I'm at it. I work mostly in theatre and live stages, though I've been known to dip my toes in from time to time to the old TV world.

If you follow me on social media, you'll know that I'm a big LGBTQ+ advocate and very open about mental health struggles and trying to see the path ahead.

So... ask me anything!

AMA-DDC-1x1.jpg

Β 

• Like 3

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/26/2022 at 12:28 PM, Divina de Campo said:

This AMA is now closed. Thank you toΒ everybodyΒ who submitted a question and a huge thank you to @Divina de Campo for joining us!

Hi everybody!

I'm so excited to be doing this and to join you in the Ditch the Label community.

I'm Divina de Campo, best known from RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 1. Generally singing, dancing and laughing a lot while I'm at it. I work mostly in theatre and live stages, though I've been known to dip my toes in from time to time to the old TV world.

If you follow me on social media, you'll know that I'm a big LGBTQ+ advocate and very open about mental health struggles and trying to see the path ahead.

So... ask me anything!

AMA-DDC-1x1.jpg

Thanks so much for all these gorgeous questions remember im not a trained counselor or anything like that so feel free and please do talk to the folks in this amazing space who can really help you. Xx

• Like 5

Firstly can I just say that I love you and your energy and really enjoyed watching you on the show. My question: what was it like when you first started drag? and what kind of reaction did you get?

• Like 3

Hi Divina, so glad that you're here. I wanted to ask how have you been able to fight off some of the negative stigma towards drag and what advice do you have for people trying to get into drag?

• Like 2

What is your favorite and least favorite part of drag, and how did you discover drag?

• Like 2

Hi, as you statedΒ  you stated have worked on TV what is the most difficult part of being a LGBTQ+ actor/LGBTQ+ in public

• Like 3

Ellooo Divina, I wanted to ask if there has ever been hate to you and if so how did you deal with it?

• Like 2

Ive liked guys most of my life but now im starting to look at girls in a different way and i think that im bi but im to scared to admit it out loud even just to my self. what should i do to help me comes to terms with how im feelingΒ 

• Like 3

Hi SOOOOOOPO my math teacher says homophobic things in class and my dad thinks I'm saying I'm bi because I want attention or something also I like like my best friend and I don't know what to do. How would you handle all of this? Btw I'm a huge fan.

• Like 3
  • Pride 1

Hello!

Β 

I have a question (If you don't wanna answer, It's okay ^^): Say you are still figuring out what you are, But you already came out to your parents when you were younger...What do you do then? Still figure out what you are or stay the way you are?

• Like 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/26/2022 at 4:10 PM, laura132 said:

Hi my name is Laura I’m struggling with my mental healthΒ 

Sending you all my best. Its really tough when the gremlins start in. Try and rememeber fheyre not real andxfocus on where youre wantjng to be

Β 

• Like 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
5 hours ago, cloudzs said:

who are some other queens we should be watching right now?

Ahhhh so many! I wouldnt even know where to start! Any manchester gals!

• Like 3

• Ditch the Label Staff

We're so excited to have you join us Divina!Β πŸ˜€

Do you have a career highlight? If so, what was it?

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
25 minutes ago, laura132 said:

Hi my name is Laura I’m struggling with my mental healthΒ 

Hey @laura132

Just wanted to hop in on your post and wondered if you’d like to chat to one of our Trained Mentors about how you’re feeling at the moment?

I will tag them in so you know who they are and so they can reach out to you. @MonsoonΒ & @Blondie.Β 
Take care. 😊

• Like 2

Β 

Β 

What did you enjoy about Drag Race?

• Like 1

OMG ITSS DIVINA OMG HI! IM A HUGE FAN OF DRAG!

• Like 2

How did you first get Into drag?

• Like 1

Do you get mistreated often

How does your family feel about this

Can I join y'all I've always wanted to be a drag queen

• Like 1

Hi Divina!

Is there anything you have to do before you go onstage for a performance? Like any mantras you tell yourself ?