This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Trauma, Abuse, Hate, Sex, Violence, Disordered Eating, Suicide

Ask Me Anything: Caitlin and Leah - LGBTQ+ and mental health advocates and TikTok stars

Caitlin and Leah    

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

Edit: This AMA is now closed. Thanks for all of your questions and a huge thanks to @Caitlin and Leah for joining us!

Hey everyone!!

We are Caitlin and Leah! You may have seen us on TikTok, where we post about our relationship, our IVF journey and also our struggles with mental health!  We try to use our platform to help people feel comfortable in their skin and sexuality as well as being open with our mental health struggles.

DTL and us are actually partnering on a secret project that you guys will find out about soon! We are hoping it will help a lot of people. Feel free to ask us any questions on the AMA, we are an open book and we believe talking about such topics will hopefully get people talking and to remember they’re not alone! 

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

Leave your questions for Caitlin and Leah below, they will answer as many submitted questions on Thursday 21st April. Follow this topic to receive an email notification when they reply!

@caitlinandleahh

You can leave us questions straight away on our Ditch The Label AMA for us to answer 💗

♬ Just a Cloud Away - Pharrell Williams

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 1
  • Pride 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

Hi caitlin and leah. I have been following your story for so long now. And I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on how to cope and manage my stress and anxiety as I am starting Mt GCSE exams in 1 month and I am so worried about not getting into college next year. Any advice will be greatly appreciated 

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, jake said:

Yay XD what's your advice to anyone wanting to start posting on tiktok? i struggle with confidence but want to post more

Our advice will be to to just post what you love! for example, if you have any animals then maybe start with posting with them... within time, hopefully your confidence will increase. It's like with anything, at first its scary but the more you do it, hopefully the more confident you get! Leah was super self conscious when we first started to post and now her confidence has really improved!  Good luck! xx 

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/13/2022 at 1:04 PM, Flash said:

Do you ever get recognised in public and if so how does it make you feel/how do you respond?

We do get recognised in public and every time we do, it shocks us so much! We can't believe people recognise us 🙈 It makes us so happy meeting our followers in person, its honestly the best feeling! But sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming xxx

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

hello!! my question is how did both of you know that you were queer, and what are one of your favorite memories with each other? love you guys so much, i've followed you since you started you guys are so cute <33Insert image from URL

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, Daisie said:

Hey! I have been following your journey via TikTok for quite some time, you're both really inspirational. ❤️

I'm wondering if you get any type of trolling/disrespectful comments on your social media platforms? If so how do you deal with them? 🙂

Hey! Thank you so much for following our journey! 

Yes, we do get hate comments on social media and honestly, reading them really does crush us sometimes, especially Leah. We try our best to remember that these people do not know us and sadly, for someone to be giving hate online, then maybe they are upset with themselves so we do also feel sorry for them. 

We would recommend blocking the person/people giving you hate and talking to a loved one about it. 

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/13/2022 at 6:15 PM, lKail said:

Also do you guys have any tips for relationships? And the struggles?

Our biggest advice for a relationship is to listen to each other and to never go to bed in an argument! Relationships can be really difficult at times, but try to be candid about your feelings! 

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/14/2022 at 3:31 PM, alice-jane said:

what would you suggest for someone who is struggling with their mental health specifically sh but finds it hard to talk to parents about 

Please remember that you're not alone and there's ALWAYS somebody to talk to that cares. If you find it hard to talk to your parents, could you tell a teacher you trust at School or your GP? 

When you're getting those thoughts, try to think of distraction techniques, such as colouring, watching your favourite tv programme or even just taking nap! when we are struggling taking a nap helps us! 

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

Hi! So I have a lot of severe anxiety and depression in my life, and I don’t know how to handle it. People hate me in all my classes, and sometimes I feel like I want to disappear from society. I also keep secrets from people, secrets that scare me. Do you have any tips for me to get better?

• Ditch the Label Staff
Just now, Alexis. said:

Hi! So I have a lot of severe anxiety and depression in my life, and I don’t know how to handle it. People hate me in all my classes, and sometimes I feel like I want to disappear from society. I also keep secrets from people, secrets that scare me. Do you have any tips for me to get better?

Hi Alexis, thanks for your comment. One of our mentors will message you shortly to help with this.

Staff-Account.png

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/14/2022 at 3:43 PM, Evelyn23 said:

I have seen many sources and I’m pretty sure I have social anxiety but I don’t know how to tell my parents that I need to see a doctor/psychiatrist without them becoming worried about me. I also feel embarrassed because it will give me a weakness..😔

firstly, struggling with your mental health does not show any signs of weakness, we promise! 

Theres plenty of ways you could tell your parents, if you feel anxious saying it face to face, you could always write them a letter, send them a text, send them a link about social anxiety from a reputable source so they can read about it and then say you feel you relate. 

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/14/2022 at 4:32 PM, billywaffles said:

hello ☺️ favourite movie or programme for Netflix and chill? 

Hey! Ooooo! our fave movie from Netflix is bird box

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, Caitlin.and.Leahfan said:

My question is how did you get into doing YouTube and I love your vids on TikTok and YouTube 

We actually first started on YouTube! YouTube was a place where we could document and save all our holiday vlogs! We then got into TikTok in 2019! We got into TikTok from Caitlin's cousin Holly! Holly was constantly on her phone and we asked why and she showed us the app! We really enjoy making content

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/13/2022 at 6:11 PM, lKail said:

Dude you both are literally like my idols TvT

Okay so when you guys get recognized in public what do you do?

Aww thank you so much! Honestly, we find it crazy when we get recognised. It's very different from making videos in the comfort of your own home to then going out and being recognised. We are extremely grateful! We speak to the person, ask them how their day was, take a picture etc! xx

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

Oh and also, I almost died when I was born and no one respects me and I have a label as the girl who can’t  write even though writing saved me. I have dysgraphia but I write novels and stuff but people only see my weaknesses 

On 4/13/2022 at 6:10 AM, Caitlin and Leah said:

Hey everyone!!

We are Caitlin and Leah! You may have seen us on TikTok, where we post about our relationship, our IVF journey and also our struggles with mental health!  We try to use our platform to help people feel comfortable in their skin and sexuality as well as being open with our mental health struggles.

DTL and us are actually partnering on a secret project that you guys will find out about soon! We are hoping it will help a lot of people. Feel free to ask us any questions on the AMA, we are an open book and we believe talking about such topics will hopefully get people talking and to remember they’re not alone! 

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

Leave your questions for Caitlin and Leah below, they will answer as many submitted questions on Thursday 21st April. Follow this topic to receive an email notification when they reply!

AMA-CL-1x1.jpg

When/why did you decide you wanted to be famous?? And any advice for a beginner??....

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi @Caitlin and Leah ! You're such an ispiration and an amazing couple. I saw all of your videos on YT. 🥰😍

Thank u for reading this

My questions are:

1 As for someone who suffers from ADHD, depression, OCD and anxiety how do you deal with mental illness in daily activities?

2 I tried to come out to my mum years ago but she said to me that she didin't want a daughter like me. There's any advice you can give me? There's something I can do to make her accept me for who I am? She seems unreasonable and many times she invalidates my feelings and my sexuality

3 I'm currently in a relationship with a boy who's a little bit homophobic and conservative and he's very possessive and jealous(im jealous too but not like him). I know that is a toxic relationship but I'm scared to break up with him.  How do you deal or how have you dealt in the past with toxic situations or people or relatioships?

Thank u girls for doing thiss 💗💖

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, Izzy0606... said:

Hi Caitlin and Leah,

I am 16 years old and in this last year have to to terms with being bi. I am scared to tell my Mum because she talks to my Grandma about everything and my Grandma is Christian and very against it. Even if I told mum not to tell she would probably accidentally tell someone. I don't even know how to tell her. Could you give me advice please,

Thank you

Hi lovely, first of all only tell your mum if you feel safe enough to do so and when you are ready to. Sometimes, theres this huge pressure on coming out and telling people and we always remind people that its important you do it in your own time and when you feel ready! We personally came out to our parents by sending a text, we are quite shy in real life so found that a lot easier and that way the person receiving the text has time to digest what you're saying. I would say, if you want to tell your mum then try making making it clear to her your concerns around other family members.

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Disordered Eating, Hate, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma, Violence

Click this notice to reveal the content.
5 hours ago, Tanika said:

Hi, I am tanika and am bisexual queer, I have only told friends, my non-binary sibling (Nyix) is persistent about believing that I'm bisexual and yes they are right but I haven't personally told them yet, mainly because if I do they will probably tell mum and/or dad, but if dad finds out at all, I am really stressed and worried that he is going to be so difficult and rude about me coming out, I get this worry mainly because of how he treats Nyix, he has brought physical and emotional abuse to all three children, Suzy (20), Nyix (14) and me (13). Nyix has any and every trouble to eat, mainly at dinner and I am starting to develop that too, Dad has made both of us have suicidal thoughts and me, suicidal actions, I would like some help on how to  come out to supportive but also difficult parents and a father that is abusive.

Btw, I absolutely love your yt and tik tok vids, I become so happy when I see a new video in your accounts 

Tanika xx

Hey,

I just want you to know that I've sent a message to check in. Speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• Ditch the Label Staff

Thanks everybody for your questions and a huge thanks to @Caitlin and Leah for joining us! This AMA is now over and thread locked. Keep your eyes peeled for even more content with the girls and future AMA's with other incredible people!

• Like 1
  • Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png