This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Trauma, Abuse, Hate, Sex, Violence, Disordered Eating, Suicide

Ask Me Anything: Caitlin and Leah - LGBTQ+ and mental health advocates and TikTok stars

Caitlin and Leah ย  ย 

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

Edit: This AMA is now closed. Thanks for all of your questions and a huge thanks to @Caitlin and Leahย for joining us!

Hey everyone!!

We are Caitlin and Leah! You may have seen us on TikTok, where we post about our relationship, our IVF journey and also our struggles with mental health!ย  We try to use our platform to help people feel comfortable in their skin and sexuality as well as being open with our mental health struggles.

DTL and us are actually partnering on a secret project that you guys will find out about soon! We are hoping it will help a lot of people. Feel free to ask us any questions on the AMA, we are an open book and we believe talking about such topics will hopefully get people talking and to remember theyโ€™re not alone!ย 

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

Leave your questions for Caitlin and Leah below, they will answer as many submitted questions on Thursday 21st April. Follow this topic to receive an email notification when they reply!

@caitlinandleahh

You can leave us questions straight away on our Ditch The Label AMA for us to answer ๐Ÿ’—

โ™ฌ Just a Cloud Away - Pharrell Williams

ย 

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 1
  • Pride 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi, I am bisexual but I haven't yet told ANY of my family bc of past trauma and current trauma from my sibling coming out as bisexual then wanting to be called Nyix and having they/them pronouns. I made myself aware that I was bisexual about 2 months ago and Nyix is sure that I am and practically knows but I haven't personally told her that I am. I just have my voice in my head saying 'just do it' but my self concious brain saying ' NO, don't do it they aren't going to support you and you going to have more stress then you need' and u just don't know what to do. I would like some advice and help on what to do and when.

Thx,

Tanika

Hi! About two months ago I finally asked out this girl (she's bi for context) who I've been friends with for a couple years, and who I'm madly in love with. She rejected me saying she'd decided to get back with her ex boyfriend, but we stayed friends. I don't know how to get over her. Every time I think, y'know what it's getting a little easier, she goes and does something adorable, and my heart just melts. I still want to be her friend, but there's still a part of me that's yearning for more. I don't know what to do

Hi Caitlin and Leah,

I am 16 years old and in this last year have to to terms with being bi. I am scared to tell my Mum because she talks to my Grandma about everything and my Grandma is Christian and very against it. Even if I told mum not to tell she would probably accidentally tell someone. I don't even know how to tell her. Could you give me advice please,

Thank you

Hi, Caitlin and Leah! Iโ€™m Mollie, but I usually go by Eleya, I am 15 years old, and I follow you on tiktokย โค๏ธ Iโ€™ve ย beenย struggling since I was 11, with self-harming, and Iโ€™m trying to find ways on how I can stop self-harming. I do it on my legs and arms, and the scars wonโ€™t clear up. I get overwhelmed really easily, and my only way of feeling some sort of calmness is by harming, because the sting of it takes my mind of the emotional pain. I feel like my mom is struggling on what to do for the best, and I just want her to be happy. I was just wondering if you knew any tips. I also have really bad anxiety, and panic attacks, that Iโ€™ve had since I was 9 years old, they make me feel horrible, mentally and physically, and I canโ€™t think straight. I have OCD, where o have to do certain rituals to stop bad things from happening to me and my family, I get badly bullied at my school, and Iโ€™m quite underweight, because my anxiety makes me not want to eat, and I can go a long time without eating. Iโ€™ve always been skinny, but the bullies like to make me think that Iโ€™m fat and then I believe them, and all I can see in the mirror is fat. I canโ€™t go out, ย Iโ€™m on medication, I donโ€™t feel happy, and I tried to take my own life in November.

I love you both with all my heart, and Iโ€™m really happy that I can open up to you both! Haves great day, my loves! x

~Eleya โค๏ธ x

Hi caitlin and Leah, huge fan :)

As a lesbian and trans girl myself, how can i come out to my parents, they claim to be allies but really aren't, they make homophobic comments as 'jokes', and i already came out to them once, but they did the typical it's just a phase and just ignored me ever saying it, so what should i do?ย 

On 4/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, Caitlin and Leah said:

Hey everyone!!

We are Caitlin and Leah! You may have seen us on TikTok, where we post about our relationship, our IVF journey and also our struggles with mental health!ย  We try to use our platform to help people feel comfortable in their skin and sexuality as well as being open with our mental health struggles.

DTL and us are actually partnering on a secret project that you guys will find out about soon! We are hoping it will help a lot of people. Feel free to ask us any questions on the AMA, we are an open book and we believe talking about such topics will hopefully get people talking and to remember theyโ€™re not alone!ย 

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

Leave your questions for Caitlin and Leah below, they will answer as many submitted questions on Thursday 21st April. Follow this topic to receive an email notification when they reply!

AMA-CL-1x1.jpg

Hello Caitlin and Leah, my question is how you got by through the tough times, when it feels impossible. Recently I came out to my friend and she told the whole year group and I wondered how to get through homophobic comments from others. Thank you Iโ€™m proud of you both ๐Ÿฅฐ

Hello, first of all thank you for reading this, I appreciate that.

So I have a good friend like 3 years now and it's maybe our last year together before high school, but all the time that we are friends I feel bad and sad, for example: when I came to school with short pants he told me that I'm an idiot and it's cold outside... I also wanted to make a YouTube channel but he said that I will fail, I have streamed a bit but stopped because he joined my stream and laughed at me...

ย 

The problem is that he's shy and doesn't have much friends so I don't know what to do, this friendship needs to over somehow but I don't know how to end it... My motivation is down when I'm with him and everything I wanna do is always bad. Also when I was sick (covid 19) and he wasn't sick he told me that I'm weak... Another example is on winter, my hands was dry because of the cold and winds and his hands wasn't so he laughed at me and told me that my hands/fingers are weak.

ย 

I'm asking the community to help m

How do you deal with mental health problems I have anxiety,depression and OCD as I have struggled for a year with them

Hi! I love you guys!! Do you guys know the artist Aurora Aksnes? I noticed a lot of your posts audio are her songs! I love her btw and it would be so cool if you did too!ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

hi, im alyx. I decided a few months ago thay I was gender fluid as it felt right. When I tried to tell my parents. The exact words they said were "No, absaloutly not, if you are gender fluid. Then your out the house and leave. If not then your a girl okay! Got it? Good. Now go" I can't change for them though as it dosent feel right. Any advice? Love u!!

I love you both for starters,

So I have a problem, I think that I'm bisexual, and I started to think about that a year ago, I've kissed two girls at a party for fun and we were really drunk, and I had a crush in middle school on one girl. I have a boyfriend, we are now 5yr together,I've asked my friend (that is also bisexual) for help, she said she knew when she tried it, but I am in a happy relationship and won't cheat. Although we are happy and hope to stay together I still wanna know. What should I do?

On 4/13/2022 at 9:10 PM, Caitlin and Leah said:

Hey everyone!!

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

AMA-CL-1x1.jpg

ย 

Hey, new users who are posting in here, I just want to make sure you're aware that the dtl support mentors don't check AMAs very often and if you're looking for help, any other forum on this sight is checked regularly and you can post there. I'll see you around the community!

i have tried to explain to my lesbian parents that I am lesbian. then proceed in telling my whole family that i'm going through a phase or they say that i'm looking for attention. the thing that really is messed up with this whole situation is the fact that my 12 year old sister came out as bi and they accepted her but not there 17 year old daughter.

ย 

ย 

some times I have to fight the urge to scream im lesbian and leave the room that Im in is that just me or dose anyone else feel like thatย  ย  ย 

Hi the first things I wanna say is :

1. U are very good for young people who struggle with mental health and other things.

2. U are a so cute and great couple ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒˆ

ย 

keep fighting ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ
i have some random questions for u guys ๐Ÿ˜„

1. how do u think your life would be if u havenโ€™t met?

2. Which countries have u been to?

3. What is the worst homophobic thing which have happened to u?

ย 

17 hours ago, Eleya said:

Hi, Caitlin and Leah! Iโ€™m Mollie, but I usually go by Eleya, I am 15 years old, and I follow you on tiktokย โค๏ธ Iโ€™ve ย beenย struggling since I was 11, with self-harming, and Iโ€™m trying to find ways on how I can stop self-harming. I do it on my legs and arms, and the scars wonโ€™t clear up. I get overwhelmed really easily, and my only way of feeling some sort of calmness is by harming, because the sting of it takes my mind of the emotional pain. I feel like my mom is struggling on what to do for the best, and I just want her to be happy. I was just wondering if you knew any tips. I also have really bad anxiety, and panic attacks, that Iโ€™ve had since I was 9 years old, they make me feel horrible, mentally and physically, and I canโ€™t think straight. I have OCD, where o have to do certain rituals to stop bad things from happening to me and my family, I get badly bullied at my school, and Iโ€™m quite underweight, because my anxiety makes me not want to eat, and I can go a long time without eating. Iโ€™ve always been skinny, but the bullies like to make me think that Iโ€™m fat and then I believe them, and all I can see in the mirror is fat. I canโ€™t go out, ย Iโ€™m on medication, I donโ€™t feel happy, and I tried to take my own life in November.

I love you both with all my heart, and Iโ€™m really happy that I can open up to you both! Haves great day, my loves! x

~Eleya โค๏ธ x

Hey,

I just want you to know that I've sent a message to check in. Speak soon.ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 4/14/2022 at 3:45 PM, Evelyn23 said:

How do I break up with my bf without hurting him too much and without making it awkward..

The best thing to do is to do it in a way that won't upset him so find a nice restaurant and just say hey I'm breaking up with you, just don't do it over the phone via text or on their birthday, if you think he is nice just say that he will make another girl happy.

How long have you been posting on TikTok?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Just a few hours to go untilย @Caitlin and Leahย are live on the community! Leave your questions in this thread and they'll be answering as many as possible from 4PM BST/11am Eastern/8am Pacificย ๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

Dancing Queen Reaction GIF by Soul Train

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Disordered Eating, Hate, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma, Violence

Hi, I am tanika and am bisexual queer, I have only told friends, my non-binary sibling (Nyix) is persistent about believing that I'm bisexual and yes they are right but I haven't personally told them yet, mainly because if I do they will probably tell mum and/or dad, but if dad finds out at all, I am really stressed and worried that he is going to be so difficult and rude about me coming out, I get this worry mainly because of how he treats Nyix, he has brought physical and emotional abuse to all three children, Suzy (20), Nyix (14) and me (13). Nyix has any and every trouble to eat, mainly at dinner and I am starting to develop that too, Dad has made both of us have suicidal thoughts and me, suicidal actions, I would like some help on how toย  come out to supportive but also difficult parents and a father that is abusive.

Btw, I absolutely love your yt and tik tok vids, I become so happy when I see a new video in your accountsย 

Tanika xx

ย 

Hi, Iย am bisexual but I haven't yet told ANY of my family bcย of past trauma and current trauma from my sibling coming out as bisexual then wanting to be called Nyix and having they/them pronouns. I made myself aware that I was bisexual about 2 months ago and Nyix is sure that I am and practically knows but I haven't personallyย told her that I am. I just have my voice in my head saying 'just do it' but my self concious brain saying ' NO, don't do it they aren't going to support you and you going to have more stress then you need' and u just don't know what to do. I would like someย advice and help on what to do and when.

Thx,

Tanika

ย 

On 4/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, Caitlin and Leah said:

Hey everyone!!

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

AMA-CL-1x1.jpg

Hello! How did you first meet each other?