This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Ask me Anything: Dr Alex George - TV Doctor, author and Mental Health Ambassador

Dr Alex George    
Harper
Message added by Harper,

This AMA is now over. A huge thank you to @Dr Alex George for joining us and to our friends at @Maybelline New York for making this happen! We hope you've enjoyed this AMA and look forward to hosting more in the new year.

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

image.thumb.png.27bb0a14cfc3b5354baa67bfa7c29a4c.png

Hey everyone! 😁

I’m Dr Alex George, the Government’s Youth Mental Health Ambassador and a former A&E doctor. I use my platform to raise awareness and give support to those struggling with their mental health. I share my own struggles, lifestyle changes and techniques in the hope that others can relate and feel heard.

Ditch the Label are doing such incredible work to help with a whole range of issues and I’m really looking forward to working with them to answer lots of your questions. Feel free to ask me anything!

Dr Alex George 💙

----

This AMA is in proud partnership with our friends at Maybelline who are working with us to fund crucial mental health support. As part of this partnership, Maybelline are funding mental health support here on the community, along with a school programme and an exciting new metaverse therapy pilot. Find out more about Brave Together here.

Find out more about Dr Alex George here.

• Like 4
  • Yay! 1

V2-2.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 minute ago, Dr Alex George said:

OMG I love cheese. Cheese is life. I love blue cheese - probably stilton. Although extra mature cheddar is a win too.

I would live to achieve peace. Happiness comes and goes, peace is the goal.

🧀🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Staff-Account.png

Hello! It’s nice to meet you!

I know I’m late but I figured I’d still post a question anyways. My parents don’t believe in anxiety or depression, and as a result I don’t wanna talk with them about it because any time I’ve tried to voice my concerns in the past I’ve been shut down. What can I do?

and separately, I’m struggling with ptsd, especially because of the holiday season, because of trauma caused by my biological dad. I’ve gotten some great advice from the DTL staff, but I was still curious about your thoughts. How do I get over what’s happened and enjoy the family I do have without it being overshadowed by the bad stuff that’s happened?

thank you for your time! Lots of love from California <3

• Like 2

• Ditch the Label Staff
3 minutes ago, Dr Alex George said:

Thank you to everyone for submitting questions, I do hope the answers are of use. Thanks to the team here at DTL for their incredible work in supporting young people. Take care everyone!

Best wishes,

Dr Alex

Thank you @Dr Alex George for such insightful and invaluable advice to the community. What an absolute pleasure to have you join us for an AMA session! 

Keep up the amazing work you do. 😀

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
9 minutes ago, Dr Alex George said:

Thank you to everyone for submitting questions, I do hope the answers are of use. Thanks to the team here at DTL for their incredible work in supporting young people. Take care everyone!

Best wishes,

Dr Alex

Thank you so much for sharing much valued insight with us! It's been a pleasure to have you here 😊

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png