This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Trauma, Abuse, Hate, Sex, Violence, Disordered Eating, Suicide

Ask Me Anything: Caitlin and Leah - LGBTQ+ and mental health advocates and TikTok stars

Caitlin and Leah    

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

Edit: This AMA is now closed. Thanks for all of your questions and a huge thanks to @Caitlin and Leah for joining us!

Hey everyone!!

We are Caitlin and Leah! You may have seen us on TikTok, where we post about our relationship, our IVF journey and also our struggles with mental health!  We try to use our platform to help people feel comfortable in their skin and sexuality as well as being open with our mental health struggles.

DTL and us are actually partnering on a secret project that you guys will find out about soon! We are hoping it will help a lot of people. Feel free to ask us any questions on the AMA, we are an open book and we believe talking about such topics will hopefully get people talking and to remember they’re not alone! 

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

Leave your questions for Caitlin and Leah below, they will answer as many submitted questions on Thursday 21st April. Follow this topic to receive an email notification when they reply!

@caitlinandleahh

You can leave us questions straight away on our Ditch The Label AMA for us to answer 💗

♬ Just a Cloud Away - Pharrell Williams

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 1
  • Pride 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)

Thanks so much for all of your questions! We really enjoyed answering them. We tried to get through as many as we could. But we've been assured any questions that haven't been answered will be by a DTL mentor! 

You're all amazing! never forget that xxx

• Like 1

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 4/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, dipsi333 said:

hey! What are your tips for a successful relationship? And if you ever argue - who makes the first move in making up? 🙂

Our personal tips for a successful relationship are: always be honest with each other, never go to bed on an argument, work through hard times, and never be afraid to apologise if you're wrong (which we actually need to work on a bit more!)

Leah is typing this right now so I would say I make the first move in making up but if it was Caitlin typing then she would say it was her making the first move! so we might have to settle and say both!

• Like 2

AMA-CL-Sig.jpg

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi @Caitlin and Leah, firstly a huge welcome to our Community! It's great to have you join us for your first AMA :)

My question to both of you individually, if you were president for the day, what 1 change would you make and why?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Yay XD what's your advice to anyone wanting to start posting on tiktok? i struggle with confidence but want to post more

• Like 2
  • Yaaas 2

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hey! I have been following your journey via TikTok for quite some time, you're both really inspirational. ❤️

I'm wondering if you get any type of trolling/disrespectful comments on your social media platforms? If so how do you deal with them? 🙂

• Like 1

Dude you both are literally like my idols TvT

Okay so when you guys get recognized in public what do you do?

Also do you guys have any tips for relationships? And the struggles?

oh wow! that's so cool!

my question is how did it feel when people started really watching your tiktok content?? Was it weird to kinda become famous?

On 4/13/2022 at 12:10 PM, Caitlin and Leah said:

Hey everyone!!

We are Caitlin and Leah! You may have seen us on TikTok, where we post about our relationship, our IVF journey and also our struggles with mental health!  We try to use our platform to help people feel comfortable in their skin and sexuality as well as being open with our mental health struggles.

DTL and us are actually partnering on a secret project that you guys will find out about soon! We are hoping it will help a lot of people. Feel free to ask us any questions on the AMA, we are an open book and we believe talking about such topics will hopefully get people talking and to remember they’re not alone! 

Caitlin and Leah xxxx

Leave your questions for Caitlin and Leah below, they will answer as many submitted questions on Thursday 21st April. Follow this topic to receive an email notification when they reply!

AMA-CL-1x1.jpg

I have seen many sources and I’m pretty sure I have social anxiety but I don’t know how to tell my parents that I need to see a doctor/psychiatrist without them becoming worried about me. I also feel embarrassed because it will give me a weakness..😔

You guys are so amazing you made me feel like I wasn't alone and that my sexuality didn't make me a bad person thank you so much <3  <3 <3

Have you ever had a bad experience with someone making a homophobic comment in public?

I have struggled with fitting in because I have ADHD that was untreated. Do either if you relate if so how did you get through it?

How did you guys know you were gay? I’m questioning but am doubting myself for some reason. Any advice?

Lately I've been questioning homosexuality. In fact I love and support LGBTQ and I'd love to see people happy:)

The thing is.. I'm kinda a religious person and I accepted that God loves ppl no matter what their sexuality is. Until I got some other information saying homosexuality is a perversion and it has to be 'cured' and God is just testing ppl with those attractions towards the same gender. Also it seems like the announcement of how homosexuality is not an illness, in 1970,  was just some politic decision and didn't have anything to do with science and the truth.

Now I just need to know... Can ppl change their sexuality? Can they pray it away? Was the announcement in 1970 invalid?!

How long did it it take you to come out gay and do you have to be with someone to know your sexualitie how did you cope with your mental illnesses in school when you were younger love you guys 🥰🥰

How long did it take to come out do you have to be with somebody to know you sexuality how did you cope with school when you were younger and your mental illnesses love to meet you guys one day and love you guys but I only watch you guys because I love you guys and love to meet you 🥰🥰

Hi Im a closeted bisexual and I really want to come out to my parents as I have a girlfriend, but I am absolutely terrified they won’t support me, so how old were you when you came out and how did you do it? Also you guys have made me love my body as I have been struggling lately anyways I love you girls so much and wish you all the best 😘