They found out...

SadLifeSadMe    

I'm dating this guy, we both really really like each other but we wanted our relationship to be private, we don't mind if our parents find out but what we didn't want was people at our school knowing. He has a lot of friends, friends that I don't completely trust as I've had a bad history with some of his friends, and they didn't know about us... Well not until today when they walked into the classroom that him and I were in.  We weren't doing anything bad, we were just talking, but when they walked in on us they thought otherwise and started commenting. He was in a lot of pain today and seeing his friends walk in on us put him in even more pain, I freaked out and started crying because it was the only thing I could do at the time so he tried comforting me when his friends left but I just feel really guilty and like it's my fault that everything has happened. 

He went home after that happened and I really wished I went home too but I'm still stuck at school dealing with my anxiety and depression on my own :) 

1 hour ago, SadLifeSadMe said:

I'm dating this guy, we both really really like each other but we wanted our relationship to be private, we don't mind if our parents find out but what we didn't want was people at our school knowing. He has a lot of friends, friends that I don't completely trust as I've had a bad history with some of his friends, and they didn't know about us... Well not until today when they walked into the classroom that him and I were in.  We weren't doing anything bad, we were just talking, but when they walked in on us they thought otherwise and started commenting. He was in a lot of pain today and seeing his friends walk in on us put him in even more pain, I freaked out and started crying because it was the only thing I could do at the time so he tried comforting me when his friends left but I just feel really guilty and like it's my fault that everything has happened. 

He went home after that happened and I really wished I went home too but I'm still stuck at school dealing with my anxiety and depression on my own :) 

Hey there,

I just want you to know that you're not alone; we are here for you. How are you feeling now? I noticed you posted this an hour ago, and I hope you've managed to calm down a little. Have you heard from him since? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I texted him about it and he was okay or he said that he was okay that his mates now know. However, whenever I near him wen he's with his mates they bug him about it and h e tries tp laugh it off but I think it's getting a little difficult for him as he has a lot of things on his mind rn like a basketball game coming up and his ocd and anxiety. They only seem to bug him about it but I really wished they didn't 

4 hours ago, SadLifeSadMe said:

I texted him about it and he was okay or he said that he was okay that his mates now know. However, whenever I near him wen he's with his mates they bug him about it and h e tries tp laugh it off but I think it's getting a little difficult for him as he has a lot of things on his mind rn like a basketball game coming up and his ocd and anxiety. They only seem to bug him about it but I really wished they didn't 

Hey,

Okay, I'm glad he is okay, and how are you feeling? Just to check, did you both keep it private because of your bad history with his friends? If so, I'm wondering, can you tell me more about that?

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Okay, I'm glad he is okay, and how are you feeling? Just to check, did you both keep it private because of your bad history with his friends? If so, I'm wondering, can you tell me more about that?

I used to talk to one of his friends but his friend kinda ignored me for ages, nothing bad has happened just I don't think the guy I'm dating wants them to know bc they might say some things 

I'm not sure as I haven't asked him about it, I think he's just worried that they'll say nasty things about me

5 hours ago, SadLifeSadMe said:

I'm not sure as I haven't asked him about it, I think he's just worried that they'll say nasty things about me

Hey,

Okay, well that's sweet because he wants to protect you from that by the sounds of it, How are things now that his friends know?

Hey,

Is it that you don't get enough time to talk to each other because his friends know now, or is it because of something else? 

Hey there,

Do you think they're doing that on purpose, or could it just be a coincidence?

18 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Do you think they're doing that on purpose, or could it just be a coincidence?

probably on purpose, he's trying to talk to me tho at least 

probably on purpose, he's trying to talk to me tho at least 

Hey,

That sounds pretty tough. How are you feeling about all of this? What does your boyfriend think about what they're doing? 

On 3/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

That sounds pretty tough. How are you feeling about all of this? What does your boyfriend think about what they're doing? 

we aren't dating anymore, he pretends I'm not even there 

we aren't dating anymore, he pretends I'm not even there 

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about that. How are you feeling? What happened?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 5:45 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about that. How are you feeling? What happened?

so basically he started to stop talking to me and his friends were pulling him away from me and so then when he came to talk to me a while ago he wanted to "just be friends", it kinda stung but I'm getting over it and ignoring him now...

Hey there,

I cannot imagine how tough this must be for you; we all need closure when things come to an end, and it sounds like you haven't had that; what do you think? I'm glad you're getting over it. Would you like to talk about it with us, or would you prefer to leave it for now? Just let me know. 

14 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I cannot imagine how tough this must be for you; we all need closure when things come to an end, and it sounds like you haven't had that; what do you think? I'm glad you're getting over it. Would you like to talk about it with us, or would you prefer to leave it for now? Just let me know. 

well over the Easter holidays I changed my style and personality so I'm now dressing a little emo, when I walked past the guy who broke up with me, he didn't even look at me and he's not even texting me anymore... it's like I don't even exist...

well over the Easter holidays I changed my style and personality so I'm now dressing a little emo, when I walked past the guy who broke up with me, he didn't even look at me and he's not even texting me anymore... it's like I don't even exist...

Hey there,

How is it now that you're dressing a little emo? Also, i think it can be pretty tough when we feel like we don't exist; we can feel rejected and like we don't matter. What do you think about that?

16 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

How is it now that you're dressing a little emo? Also, i think it can be pretty tough when we feel like we don't exist; we can feel rejected and like we don't matter. What do you think about that?

it gives me more confidence to dress like it and it helps me be a bit more positive about myself

Hey there,

That’s really good to hear :)

Can you tell me more about in what ways it’s helped you to be more positive about yourself?