I Just Need Some Help

QueenQueer    

Hi everyone,

I am very much struggling with mood swings right now. I have Bipolar, Schizophrenia and Autism along with OCD and general anxiety disorder, so there are a bunch of diagnoses that are feeding off of each other. 

So lately I have been having depression coming out as anger and outbursts. I yell and am unable to walk away from the situation. My mom is often the target of my anger, so I am really trying to get better so that she isn't in the line of fire. 

Do any of you guys have any suggestions  for me? I am open to anything... my mom suggested I try journaling what is going on in my head. I am going to try that method, but I would like to see if there are other things I can do along with the journaling. I am willing to just talk too, sometimes venting helps.

-Kamy

Edited by QueenQueer

• QueenQueer changed the title to I Just Need Some Help
37 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, what has helped you to manage the anger in the past?

Hello,

So usually my go to solution for any kind of anger/depression is listening to music, but lately the, what I like to call, depressive anger has been harder and harder to quell. 

You know the term "fight or flight"? I do both. I will fight until the situation is completely chaotic, then I will retreat. I am defensive towards everyone. My reaction to anything said is always "oh my God this person is attacking me!" This is never the case in reality, because the people around me are trying to help. 

I am good at using figurative language to describe what is happening within my mind. My depression right now is like a looming shadow devouring anything with positivity or goodness. I have this tiny little part of me that is struggling to overcome the depression shadow. I use metaphorical language to help everyone to understand, since my Autism makes it hard for me to express my feelings and struggles. 

-Kamy

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm wondering, what has helped you to manage the anger in the past?

Hello,

So usually my go to solution for any kind of anger/depression is listening to music, but lately the, what I like to call, depressive anger has been harder and harder to quell. 

You know the term "fight or flight"? I do both. I will fight until the situation is completely chaotic, then I will retreat. I am defensive towards everyone. My reaction to anything said is always "oh my God this person is attacking me!" This is never the case in reality, because the people around me are trying to help. 

I am good at using figurative language to describe what is happening within my mind. My depression right now is like a looming shadow devouring anything with positivity or goodness. I have this tiny little part of me that is struggling to overcome the depression shadow. I use metaphorical language to help everyone to understand, since my Autism makes it hard for me to express my feelings and struggles. 

-Kamy

Hey,

I know you said your autism makes it hard to express your feelings and struggles, but I think you describe them perfectly well and you've given me a lot of information :)

It sounds like you're aware of your thoughts and feelings, and with the diagnoses you have, it's completely normal to have the ups and downs, and now sounds like a real down period. What do you think? I'm wondering, do you currently do any relaxation strategies to calm yourself down in the moment? If so, can you tell me about them?

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I know you said your autism makes it hard to express your feelings and struggles, but I think you describe them perfectly well and you've given me a lot of information :)

It sounds like you're aware of your thoughts and feelings, and with the diagnoses you have, it's completely normal to have the ups and downs, and now sounds like a real down period. What do you think? I'm wondering, do you currently do any relaxation strategies to calm yourself down in the moment? If so, can you tell me about them?

Hi,

I would definitely agree that I am in a down peroid. I say my moods are like a rollercoaster, one time I am really energetic, happy, and positive... then it goes down and I experience the anger, depression, and lack of motivation. 

I am struggling to realize the moments when I need to relax. I have tried meditation, but it is very difficult for me to perform such exercises in the moment. Do you have any suggestions for remembering to relax in a heated situation? My mind goes instantly to fight and defense mode, when I should step away and perform the flight part of "fight or flight". 

-Kamy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Audumn said:

I wish I was a girl 

Hello! 

If you wanna talk I will be very happy to chat with you! Are you doing okay?

-Kamy

7 minutes ago, QueenQueer said:

Hello! 

-Kamy

Yes can we be bestie?

Edited by Audumn

6 minutes ago, QueenQueer said:

Hello! 

-Kamy

Yes can we be bestie?

22 minutes ago, QueenQueer said:

Hello! 

-Kamy

I am doing good can we be bestie?

1 hour ago, Audumn said:

I am doing good can we be bestie?

That's great to hear! I can be friends!

Do you like music? If you ever need some good songs that I use to help my anxiety and to distract from everyday struggles, please let me know. Music is my savior in hard times. I have over 1000 songs on my iPod lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, QueenQueer said:

That's great to hear! I can be friends!

Do you like music? If you ever need some good songs that I use to help my anxiety and to distract from everyday struggles, please let me know. Music is my savior in hard times. I have over 1000 songs on my iPod lol. 

Yes l love music what is your favorite song or music?

On 2/22/2022 at 10:03 PM, QueenQueer said:

Hi everyone,

I am very much struggling with mood swings right now. I have Bipolar, Schizophrenia and Autism along with OCD and general anxiety disorder, so there are a bunch of diagnoses that are feeding off of each other. 

So lately I have been having depression coming out as anger and outbursts. I yell and am unable to walk away from the situation. My mom is often the target of my anger, so I am really trying to get better so that she isn't in the line of fire. 

Do any of you guys have any suggestions  for me? I am open to anything... my mom suggested I try journaling what is going on in my head. I am going to try that method, but I would like to see if there are other things I can do along with the journaling. I am willing to just talk too, sometimes venting helps.

-Kamy

I wish I was both a girl and I want to be a lesbian I don’t know how to be a lesbian 

19 hours ago, QueenQueer said:

Hello,

-Kamy

I would love to be your friend you sound really awesome and I want to hang out and I want to know you more 

17 hours ago, QueenQueer said:

Hi,

I would definitely agree that I am in a down peroid. I say my moods are like a rollercoaster, one time I am really energetic, happy, and positive... then it goes down and I experience the anger, depression, and lack of motivation. 

I am struggling to realize the moments when I need to relax. I have tried meditation, but it is very difficult for me to perform such exercises in the moment. Do you have any suggestions for remembering to relax in a heated situation? My mind goes instantly to fight and defense mode, when I should step away and perform the flight part of "fight or flight". 

-Kamy

Kamryn you need friends to talk about your problem like me I want to be there for you I want to see you really happy I ever see you sad I would love to make you feel better I promise you I will always be with you I know you are a lesbian I want to be your lesbian friend