vidu    

Even tho people and my friends call me pretty,other kids have crushes on me,I still feel ugly.the way I look in selfies is really pretty but with the rear view camera,my face is so,,,, assymetrical and my nose is huge.and bc all my confidence is based on how I look in selfies and the mirror, that's not how other people see me is it?so it's not that I think I look hideous,it's just that I found out that all my confidence was based on how I look in mirrors and selfies but that's not how others see me and that's not how I actually look so my confidence was all fake

Hey @vidu

Welcome :). I'm one of the digital mentors here and I basically give advice and support to those who reach out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling good about yourself despite other people calling you pretty and having crushes on you. You're definitely not alone in feeling like this; there are so many people out there who don't feel good about their appearance even though others tell them that they look great. I'm wondering, why do you think you feel like this about yourself at the moment? Also, how long have you been feeling like this for? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Ever since I saw this trend on tiktok about your face's symmetry.so basically,you just flip the camera and it shows you what you really look like,that started one or two months ago?but since my confidence was really really high,it didn't bother me a lot.but I started feeling ugly from maybe last week?but I think I can make it better by myself by getting off of tiktok and pinterest for a while.

4 hours ago, vidu said:

Ever since I saw this trend on tiktok about your face's symmetry.so basically,you just flip the camera and it shows you what you really look like,that started one or two months ago?but since my confidence was really really high,it didn't bother me a lot.but I started feeling ugly from maybe last week?but I think I can make it better by myself by getting off of tiktok and pinterest for a while.

Hey Vidu,

Ahh, okay. Yeah, social media can be really harmful to our self-esteem, and it's good that you realise that. I think that having some time off will also be good for you. Maybe you could take a couple of weeks off and see how you feel? It's good that you only started feeling like this in the past week, because the longer you feel this way, they harder it can be to work through it, so it's great that you've only been feeling like this for a short amount of time. 

Also, I'm wondering, could you tell me two or three things that you do like about your appearance? I think that for everyone, there is something that they don't like about the way they look, and it can be good to remind yourself of what you do find attractive to help shift your mindset towards a more positive one.

Speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e