Equivalent Ways Β  Β 

Apologies for the cryptic title, what I mean is that this topic is for things about your physical body (apart from your mental mind) that just make you sad sometimes. This is a place to express our feelings about our bodies, and hopefully it will make you feel a little bit better.

For a while I have struggled with disassociation and it make me sad that sometimes I can't feel like I am actually in my human form

Sometimes I also feel like I should not be my gender, but also not the opposite gender because sometimes I wonder why I was even put in this body, though I am learning to cope and feel more present

I hate my gut. Tryna lose some weight. I also hate my stretch marks on my stomach and around my breasts. I hate my acne on my shoulders and the scars from it. Nothing too bad though, I can cover up most of the things I hate about myself so not too bad :/

7 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

I hate my gut. Tryna lose some weight. I also hate my stretch marks on my stomach and around my breasts. I hate my acne on my shoulders and the scars from it. Nothing too bad though, I can cover up most of the things I hate about myself so not too bad :/

Gosh I’m really sorry to hear that. Is there a way you can practice some self love? Otherwise we are all humans who have been given a skin sack body to make use of some how, and there are no exchanges, you get what you getπŸ˜†but you can do some things to change it too

4 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Gosh I’m really sorry to hear that. Is there a way you can practice some self love? Otherwise we are all humans who have been given a skin sack body to make use of some how, and there are no exchanges, you get what you getπŸ˜†but you can do some things to change it too

Yeah I’m working on a better self image πŸ‘πŸ½β€οΈ

Just now, TinyDinos said:

Yeah I’m working on a better self image πŸ‘πŸ½β€οΈ

Ur doing great! And aren’t we allπŸ« πŸ˜™

3 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Ur doing great! And aren’t we allπŸ« πŸ˜™

Haha pretty much. My lack of self love lies more in my mind than focusing on my body tbh. It hurts bc I can’t cover that up with jeans I like y’know? 🫠

I just tend to default to self-depreciation when talking about myself even if the conversation doesn’t merit it and I can’t help it :(

it’s just normal for me and I’m not like, thinking about it and my mom still scolds me for it :/

Just now, TinyDinos said:

Haha pretty much. My lack of self love lies more in my mind than focusing on my body tbh. It hurts bc I can’t cover that up with jeans I like y’know? 🫠

I just tend to default to self-depreciation when talking about myself even if the conversation doesn’t merit it and I can’t help it :(

it’s just normal for me and I’m not like, thinking about it and my mom still scolds me for it :/

To that is actually so deep and so funny. Like don’t we all wish we could cover that upπŸ˜‚ and sometimes I just find myself impulsively saying weird wimpy things about myself too, like i don’t want to let myself be pushed around by myself or others if that makes sense. But ya, working on it :/

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

To that is actually so deep and so funny. Like don’t we all wish we could cover that upπŸ˜‚ and sometimes I just find myself impulsively saying weird wimpy things about myself too, like i don’t want to let myself be pushed around by myself or others if that makes sense. But ya, working on it :/

Yeah I get it 100% πŸ’–

Hi this is Catsup, one of the support mentors.Β  I just wanted to comment on what a kind topic that was to post!Β  Body image issues can feel very isolating and talking about them can be so helpful for knowing you are not alone. :)

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

24 minutes ago, Catsup said:

Hi this is Catsup, one of the support mentors.Β  I just wanted to comment on what a kind topic that was to post!Β  Body image issues can feel very isolating and talking about them can be so helpful for knowing you are not alone. :)

Hi CatsupπŸ‘‹πŸ½ Thank you, and I agree. I know for me, I really don’t care how my body looks, I don’t really look in mirrors often. But I get down about how it ✨feels✨ And they are kinda one and the same.

• Hug 1