Should I tell my parents???

huskey Β  Β 

Heyy, I just need some advice.

I don't know if I should tell my parents about me being bi-curious. I have settled on being bi-curious for right now. I think that my parents would not like it but they would have to accept it right? I honestly have no idea how they would react because everytime I talk to them about a queer show (mainly Heartstopper) they just kinda look at me and say, "ok." I am almost certain that I am bi-curious and could very well be bi-sexual. I haven't really told anyone about my thoughts, since I feel like I can't really share anything because my mom works at the same school I go to and people like to tell her everything that I do. I know for a fact my family would look at me a little differently and might even make fun of me, but then again couldn't they just accept it? I have no idea what to do at this point. I have been confused for about a year now and I just need some advice and thoughts.

maybe ask them abt the lgbtq community in general first without coming out. its more of a test to see if theyre truly supportive; if theyre ok with it you can then ask more questions implying youre lgbtq like 'what if im lgbtq' then wait for their response. if its positive then come out to them afterwards; if its indifferent then it should be fine to come out; but if its negative oh boy you should brush it off and say its just a curious question. thats my suggestion anyway

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mivoei said:

maybe ask them abt the lgbtq community in general first without coming out. its more of a test to see if theyre truly supportive; if theyre ok with it you can then ask more questions implying youre lgbtq like 'what if im lgbtq' then wait for their response. if its positive then come out to them afterwards; if its indifferent then it should be fine to come out; but if its negative oh boy you should brush it off and say its just a curious question. thats my suggestion anyway

From the responses I have gotten, they don't seem to be too supportive. My whole family is kinda homophobic, but I think that only against certain things. My mom finds it a little weird and my dad, I feel, would just be disappointed.Β 

2 hours ago, huskey said:

From the responses I have gotten, they don't seem to be too supportive. My whole family is kinda homophobic, but I think that only against certain things. My mom finds it a little weird and my dad, I feel, would just be disappointed.Β 

I forgot to add that one side of my family is extremely homophobic lol

4 hours ago, huskey said:

as long as they dont mistreat you for being lgbtq i think letting them know does no harm; but still i think theyll start seeing you differently and that could become frustrating in the long run. then again coming out or not is your choice; its not mandatory so you dont have to do it if you dont feel like it would be the best choice

1 hour ago, huskey said:

I forgot to add that one side of my family is extremely homophobic lol

definitely dont tell them lol. stay safe

• Thanks 1