Post your thoughts on Christianity, do you think it's homophobic?

skyanidepic Β  Β 

God says to love all as He has loved you, love your neighbor as thy yourself... Yet he also says adultery and same sex relationships are not His way, that is if you are to love Him. It is very nuanced, but do you think Christianity is homophobic?

• Like 1

Yes, it kind of is. It also just kinda creeps me out. Like if ur religious I don’t want to offend anyone. But I personally find it unsettling, but I was raised atheist so I don’t know what it’s like too much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skyanidepic said:

God says to love all as He has loved you, love your neighbor as thy yourself... Yet he also says adultery and same sex relationships are not His way, that is if you are to love Him. It is very nuanced, but do you think Christianity is homophobic?

I think this is something that many people may find debatable. Christianity isn't the only religion that is against same-sex relationship, it's all Abrahamic religions. I'm not sure if I would consider Christianity homophobic, I think it's how you perceive people. If a christian is saying rude and unnecessary comments toΒ  LGBTQ+ individual, now that would be considered homophobic, I don't think any religion mentions going out your way to discriminate people. Though some people believe being gay is a sin, I'm not sure that that would make the religion itself homophobic, I think people sort of change their perspectives and worsen it.

23 minutes ago, Chocolate chip 9909 said:

Yes, it kind of is. It also just kinda creeps me out. Like if ur religious I don’t want to offend anyone. But I personally find it unsettling, but I was raised atheist so I don’t know what it’s like too much.

It creeps me out too! It's so hard hearing about how LGBTQ+ people will go to hell from your own family, sometimes that kind of drifts me away from religion because I always just believed that you had to be a good person and thats all that matters.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:06 PM, mxhaxnaeem said:

It creeps me out too! It's so hard hearing about how LGBTQ+ people will go to hell from your own family, sometimes that kind of drifts me away from religion because I always just believed that you had to be a good person and thats all that matters.

I personally identify as Christian and completely why one would think Christianity is homophobic. If you know of Christ and don't receive and accept him, then you will be going to hell. It says so black and white in the Bible. However, if you do accept and receive, then you will go to "Heaven" (New Jerusalem). Here's the twist though, you can have received Christ to redeem you of your sins and still choose to engage in the PRIDE community and you will still go to "Heaven". However, for a thousand years, instead of going to dine at the Wedding Feast where everyone partakes before going to New Jerusalem, you will instead go to Outer Darkness. But either way, you still go to New Jerusalem as long as you've received Christ.

The other point I want to address is you thinking Christianity is "religion". Any sane person that has actually read the Bible can tell you it's not, that it is actually a relationship. It's not about "being a good person". It's about loving God and doing His will for His purpose, submitting to a higher power. Instead of asking ourselves if we're being good people, we need to ask ourselves if what we're doing pleases God. "Does this make Him happy?", "does this give Life?". I hope this clears a little up for you about the westernized mix of misunderstanding of what Christianity is for you.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Yaaas 2

Okay, yes that makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyanidepic said:

I personally identify as Christian and completely why one would think Christianity is homophobic. If you know of Christ and don't receive and accept him, then you will be going to hell. It says so black and white in the Bible. However, if you do accept and receive, then you will go to "Heaven" (New Jerusalem). Here's the twist though, you can have received Christ to redeem you of your sins and still choose to engage in the PRIDE community and you will still go to "Heaven". However, for a thousand years, instead of going to dine at the Wedding Feast where everyone partakes before going to New Jerusalem, you will instead go to Outer Darkness. But either way, you still go to New Jerusalem as long as you've received Christ.

The other point I want to address is you thinking Christianity is "religion". Any sane person that has actually read the Bible can tell you it's not, that it is actually a relationship. It's not about "being a good person". It's about loving God and doing His will for His purpose, submitting to a higher power. Instead of asking ourselves if we're being good people, we need to ask ourselves if what we're doing pleases God. "Does this make Him happy?", "does this give Life?". I hope this clears a little up for you about the westernized mix of misunderstanding of what Christianity is for you.

Thoughts?

That makes a lot of sense, that really did change my perspective and I always did believe in god and sometimes I do feel guilty about my actions!

I have been REALLY lucky, my chiurch accepts all, it made me so happy when my pastor said that☺️

• 2 weeks later...

No, Christianity isn’t homophobic, but certain branches and religions within Christianity are. For example Mormonism and Catholicism.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My belief is that it depends on your interpretation of the bible. First of all many people rely on an overly literalistic version of the bible. Adittionly there is a passage that people use to criticize homosexuality. It originally said that a man should not sleep with a boy which was a reference to pedophilia. It was changed in former translations to say a man should not sleep with a man.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was baptized as Catholic when I was a baby. I went to a Catholic school for five years of elementary school, and the first time I ever got the slightest hint of homosexuality was in third or fourth grade. Then I never saw anything like that in person until I started 6th grade at an all girls school. Most of my friends are bi or pan, I think I'm bi. (Yes I am out at school) In CCD, they says "God loves you unconditionally and your were made in his image." Now there are versus in the bible that might suggest homosexuality is a sin, but that is a matter of opinion. I believe that if you are in the Lord's image, then why would you be sin?

I think it just depends who you are cause I know a catholic family that has a trans son.Β 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Heyyyy, Christian here.Β 

Yes. Oh my god, yes, christians are SO queerphobic. I'm not saying all of them are, because there are some (like me! hiii) who aren't/are queer themselves. But most of them?Β 

Yes.Β 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 12:03 PM, skyanidepic said:

I personally think that Christianity isn’t homophobic, it’s just a bit difficult to understand. A lot of cultures, like Hinduism, don’t really accept the lgbtqia+ community, so it’s not uncommon.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:26 PM, skyanidepic said:

Thoughts?

Welp, guess I'm going to non-existent hellIn Hell Swerk GIF

(Ima Atheist, I'm sorry but I had to do a funny thing since I'm not rlly a rude person to debate on whats real & not TvT)

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2023 at 3:08 PM, _Kai_ said:

Welp, guess I'm going to non-existent hellIn Hell Swerk GIF

(Ima Atheist, I'm sorry but I had to do a funny thing since I'm not rlly a rude person to debate on whats real & not TvT)

I atheist too 🀣

2 hours ago, CiaranTheTransGay said:

I atheist too 🀣

LMAO Atheist tWiNsIeSSSss✨

Edited by _Kai_
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, _Kai_ said:

LMAO Atheist tWiNsIeSSSss✨

yAy tWiNs! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Just now, CiaranTheTransGay said:

yAy tWiNs! πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

YAYYYYYYYYY✨✨✨✨✨✨✨alice in wonderland GIF by DisneyBusiness Twins GIF by Fast Company

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, _Kai_ said:

YAYYYYYYYYY✨✨✨✨✨✨✨alice in wonderland GIF by DisneyBusiness Twins GIF by Fast Company

What’s ur fav thing to do? Mines draw, listen to music, and read (books and fanfics)!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CiaranTheTransGay said:

What’s ur fav thing to do? Mines draw, listen to music, and read (books and fanfics)!

Listening to music as well (Currently listening to 3 songs rn, Rocket Ships - Cavetown, everybody's worried about owen - mawce, & i just learned the f word - sadsarah), drawing also (Mostly cartoon-ish or creepy looking characters), practicing my song on my guitar, Listening to musical soundtracks, & I've been wanting to read again but can't till I get my glasses TvT

Edited by _Kai_

17 minutes ago, _Kai_ said:

Listening to music as well (Currently listening to 3 songs rn, Rocket Ships - Cavetown, everybody's worried about owen - mawce, & i just learned the f word - sadsarah), drawing also (Mostly cartoon-ish or creepy looking characters), practicing my song on my guitar, Listening to musical soundtracks, & I've been wanting to read again but can't till I get my glasses TvT

Cool! Fav animal(s)? Mines wolves and snakes 🐍 

2 minutes ago, CiaranTheTransGay said:

Cool! Fav animal(s)? Mines wolves and snakes 🐍 

Lions, Foxes, Bulls/Cows, & Snakes as well

Whats ur fav type of snake?Β snake GIF