Is being bi wrong?

Whisper Β  Β 

Hi, I'm 14, I think I might be bi. I don't know what to do. I tried to ask someone in real life if it was bad but I panicked so I came here. Is being bi alright, I've heard people say it was wrong before does anyone mind clarifying?

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Hi, I'm 14, I think I might be bi. I don't know what to do. I tried to ask someone in real life if it was bad but I panicked so I came here. Is being bi alright, I've heard people say it was wrong before does anyone mind clarifying?

No, it is NOT wrong AT ALL. Being bi is just as valid as being straight or gay.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Whisper said:

Hey there,

Welcome to the Ditch the Label community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice and support to those who reach out. How are you?

I'm wondering, rather than what other people think about being bi, I'm curious to know, how do you feel about bisexuality?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

17 hours ago, Whisper said:

I'm okay. I guess I don't really think there is, I'm more worried about how the people around me will react.

Is there anyone in particular that you're worried about?Β 

I know some of my friends parents are homophobic I'm worried they passed that on or won't let them be around me anymore. Also I think my mom and brothers and sister will be okay with it but I don't know about the rest of my family.

15 hours ago, Whisper said:

I know some of my friends parents are homophobic I'm worried they passed that on or won't let them be around me anymore. Also I think my mom and brothers and sister will be okay with it but I don't know about the rest of my family.

Hey there,

That's a shame that some of their parents are homophobic, but I'm wondering, will you have to see much of them? Also, would they have to know?Β 

12 hours ago, Whisper said:

I guess not, i'm not sure how long i'd be able to keep this a secret though.

I'm wondering, do you need to keep it a secret?

15 hours ago, Whisper said:

I'm not sure.

Maybe have a think about that over the next coupe of days. I think that sometimes, we tell ourselves we need to keep something hidden, but this is because of a fear around having to be Β vulnerable and open up rather than actually having to keep something secret.Β 

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 7:19 PM, Whisper said:

being bi is totally ok. You should love who you want and be happy about who you are. People who have told you this are just biphobic and does not support people who are bisexual. Although, not everyone is like this and i assure you there are people who will accept you for who you are and who you love. Don't let biphobic comments let you down, because in the end they are the in the wrong for thinking being bisexual is not ok, when in reality it is perfectly fine. I hope you come to terms with your sexuality and live your life to the fullest β€οΈπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

• Pride 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 4:19 PM, Whisper said:

Being bisexual is not bad but don't listen to other people who say that being bisexual is bad because it's not. Being bisexual is being sexually attracted to the same gender and the opposite gender.Β