This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Charlotte115 ย  ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I've been self harming for 4 years now and don't know how to cope with it, people say that if you keep silent about how you feel it can be bad on your mental health, well i have kept silent and I feel depressed and i have panic attacks now and again.ย  Sometimes i feel suicidal too.ย  I just want someone to help me and give me some good advice on how i can cope with this.

Edited by Daisie

Heyย @Blue22031

Thank for for being so open with us about how hard it is for you right now; I think that doing this can really take a lot of courage, and Iโ€™m pleased that you feel you can be so open here. Opening up is the best thing we can do when we are struggling so much, so Iโ€™m glad youโ€™re doing that. I saw that you said you feel suicidal sometimes, and I just want to check in and see if youโ€™re safe right now or not? I know it might not seem like it now, but these feelings can change, and we are here to help you through this. You are not alone. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care and stay safe.ย 

ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

i know how u feel try to think about your favorite placeย  u have been to. and i also battle with self harm issues myself so i have been in your shoes. u are not going through this alone. if u need to talk to someone on here im here for u no matter what. i will stop whatever im doing just to be there for u on here.ย 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, laura132 said:

i know how u feel try to think about your favorite placeย  u have been to. and i also battle with self harm issues myself so i have been in your shoes. u are not going through this alone. if u need to talk to someone on here im here for u no matter what. i will stop whatever im doing just to be there for u on here.ย 

thanksย  I really need someone to talk to atm so thanks for allowing me to talk to youย 

ย 

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Heyย @Blue22031

Thank for for being so open with us about how hard it is for you right now; I think that doing this can really take a lot of courage, and Iโ€™m pleased that you feel you can be so open here. Opening up is the best thing we can do when we are struggling so much, so Iโ€™m glad youโ€™re doing that. I saw that you said you feel suicidal sometimes, and I just want to check in and see if youโ€™re safe right now or not? I know it might not seem like it now, but these feelings can change, and we are here to help you through this. You are not alone. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care and stay safe.ย 

ย 

I'm ok at the moment i thinkย 

17 hours ago, Blue22031 said:

I'm ok at the moment i thinkย 

Hey @Blue22031

Thank you for letting me know that you're okay. How are you feeling today? I hope you're doing a little bit better, but it's okay if you're not, and just remember that myself and the community members are here for you if you ever want to talk. I'm just wondering, are you accessing any support at the moment for your mental health?ย 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, Monsoon said:

Hey @Blue22031

Thank you for letting me know that you're okay. How are you feeling today? I hope you're doing a little bit better, but it's okay if you're not, and just remember that myself and the community members are here for you if you ever want to talk. I'm just wondering, are you accessing any support at the moment for your mental health?ย 

no i have no help for my mental health issues and I'm feeling fine atm

Hey @Blue22031

How are you? Sorry to hear that you don't have help for your mental health at the moment. I'm wondering, have you spoken to anyone, like your parents, about how you're feeling? I know it can be hard, but speaking out about how you're feeling and what's caused it is the best thing we can do when we're struggling with our mental health. If it's okay for me to ask, I'm curious to know, did something happen that started off the difficulties with mental health?ย 

Also, although you're feeling fine now, here is some information just incase you do need to speak to someone in an emergency:

ย 

• UK - The Samaritans:ย 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL:ย 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines:ย https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend:ย https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ย this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful.ย 
  • If youโ€™re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and itโ€™s completely free 24/7

ย 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:33 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey @Blue22031

How are you? Sorry to hear that you don't have help for your mental health at the moment. I'm wondering, have you spoken to anyone, like your parents, about how you're feeling? I know it can be hard, but speaking out about how you're feeling and what's caused it is the best thing we can do when we're struggling with our mental health. If it's okay for me to ask, I'm curious to know, did something happen that started off the difficulties with mental health?ย 

Also, although you're feeling fine now, here is some information just incase you do need to speak to someone in an emergency:

• UK - The Samaritans:ย 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - NSPL:ย 1-800-273-8255
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines:ย https://www.befrienders.org
  • An app I can recommend:ย https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ย this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful.ย 
  • If youโ€™re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and itโ€™s completely free 24/7

When i was younger i had different parents and they beat me up pretty badly, ever since getting flash backs when i was 6 years old I've been struggling with mental health.ย  I still have flash backs and nightmaresย 

Hello @Blue22031

Thank you for opening up to me about what happened in the past and how it's affecting you to this day. It sounds like you went through a lot, and I think it's really brave of you to open up about it here. How fo you feel now about what happened in the past? I just want to check, are you safe from them now? I hope you are. it's okay to say if you're not, and we will be able to help you if you aren't safe. Take care and speak soon.ย 

17 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello @Blue22031

Thank you for opening up to me about what happened in the past and how it's affecting you to this day. It sounds like you went through a lot, and I think it's really brave of you to open up about it here. How fo you feel now about what happened in the past? I just want to check, are you safe from them now? I hope you are. it's okay to say if you're not, and we will be able to help you if you aren't safe. Take care and speak soon.ย 

I still have trauma and i hate them for what they did.ย  Yes I am safe from them now.ย ย 

Hello @Blue22031

How are you feeling today? I'm glad to hear that you are safe from them now.ย It's completely understandable that you feel the way you do towards them after what they did to you. From what you've said, it sounds like there is room to process these feelings more and try to move forward. What do you think? I'm wondering, does your school have a counsellor or emotional support service that they offer to students?ย 

7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hello @Blue22031

How are you feeling today? I'm glad to hear that you are safe from them now.ย It's completely understandable that you feel the way you do towards them after what they did to you. From what you've said, it sounds like there is room to process these feelings more and try to move forward. What do you think? I'm wondering, does your school have a counsellor or emotional support service that they offer to students?ย 

the school has a counsellor but they are really busy at the moment and also i don't feel like opening up to my school as they wouldnt understandย 

Hey there,

Ah, thatโ€™s great that they have that service available at your school. Iโ€™m wondering, how come you feel like your school wouldnโ€™t understand? I guess the counsellor is separate and itโ€™s different form speaking to just a teacher, right?ย