How to forget your past?

Yashi29    

Hey guys? 
How you all are doing?!
I just want to know one suggestion from you people! : |

It's been so long since bad things with me in the past happened, it happened from 2022-2023 and still i do remember each and every incident, i am not able to forget any of them, these 2 years made me realize the harsh reality and gave me some reality checks which i was not able to digest, no matter whatever happiest things comes into my life i got happy for a min than at next min i again get some old bad memory i try to escape it by doing some things but still it is there , and it came back to haunt me after some time, when i am done putting efforts on me to make me happy. 

I am afraid will it stay in my mind forever? what you all have done if it was you at my place to forget your past, i am so shy to make new friends and talk to them in person, i feel so lonely and i think about random past things and get upset about them. Is there any way to get out of it? I don't want to be sad on same things over and over again for infinite times, after explaining myself let it go after 2 days again those things clicks. 

Thanks in advance if anybody can suggest me something to do to get out of it.

• Hug 1

7 minutes ago, Yashi29 said:

Hey guys? 
How you all are doing?!
I just want to know one suggestion from you people! : |

It's been so long since bad things with me in the past happened, it happened from 2022-2023 and still i do remember each and every incident, i am not able to forget any of them, these 2 years made me realize the harsh reality and gave me some reality checks which i was not able to digest, no matter whatever happiest things comes into my life i got happy for a min than at next min i again get some old bad memory i try to escape it by doing some things but still it is there , and it came back to haunt me after some time, when i am done putting efforts on me to make me happy. 

I am afraid will it stay in my mind forever? what you all have done if it was you at my place to forget your past, i am so shy to make new friends and talk to them in person, i feel so lonely and i think about random past things and get upset about them. Is there any way to get out of it? I don't want to be sad on same things over and over again for infinite times, after explaining myself let it go after 2 days again those things clicks. 

Thanks in advance if anybody can suggest me something to do to get out of it.

Hey lovely Yashi!! So happy to hear from you!

I'm so glad that things have been better lately for you but I'm so sorry that your past memories of bad experiences are coming back and hurting you

It will get better from here ❤️ you absolutely will get better with the flashbacks too 🫂 

something that helped me the most was to not suppress these memories.

It's a bit like when you get physically hurt, you need to disinfect the wound (even if it stings a bit) so that it doesn't get worse by getting an infection and it will heal over time and scab 

Bad memories are a bit like this 

the best way to get rid of the flashbacks is by letting them happen and reflecting on how you managed to overcome those horrible times and made it through the worst of it. This is difficult but I found this helped me heal faster

As you let the memories come back, they will eventually stop, and one day you can look back on these moments without feeling hurt, as you have come to terms with it and found peace.

The most important thing is to not think of it as forgetting your past, but thinking of it as healing from the past. There will be a day where you can look back and be proud of yourself for pulling through your worst days ✨

Another way that I think of it is that, as painful as it was to go through the things we've have been through, it has ultimately made us stronger 💪🏼 and it means we can give advice for others who are going through similar experiences 

But advice aside, I'm so sorry, it is really frustrating especially when painful memories come out of nowhere and changes your mood but it will get better and you will feel better with each day 💖 

As for the loneliness and being shy, you can take small baby steps to get to know people, whether it's asking people in class if they would like to sit with you at break times or going to the library or clubs. Just remember you always have us as your friends and you aren't alone in this 💗 better days will come your way 

Sending hugsss 🫂 

• Like 1