gender crisis (??)

idonthaveanynameideas    

Hi,

Ive read your book and i’ve really been enjoying it. When i found out about this website i was super excited and wanted to check it out. i’ve been struggling with my gender a lot recently, and it’s been very overwhelming since i’ve just been starting secondary school. i know i’m young so i’m not really expected to be thinking about my gender or experimenting with it, but ever since i have been i’ve been super confused and anxious. i think im genderfluid but im also not sure. i came out to my parents as transgender (mtf) and im not to sure how they felt about it. ive recently got my period and it’s made me feel super bad about my body. im also developing boobs which i am not happy about. i know i don’t have to have a label just yet but i don’t like not knowing how i feel. it makes me feel very anxious and stressed about my body. can you give please me some advice?

Hey there,

Welcome 🙂 

I'm glad to hear that you have really been enjoying the book. Have you found any particular bits helpful so far? If so, feel free to share. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling overwhelmed about your gender recently. I completely get what you mean about how you don't have to label, but at the same time, the difficulty that you can experience in not knowing how you feel. Your anxiety and stress is totally understandable. I think one thing that can help in this kind of situation is to have some kind of goal to work towards. I'm wondering, when you think of how you would look and what your gender identity would be, what is coming to mind? You could even think about things like pronouns, names, styles, etc., whatever comes to mind really. Try to think about what your gut feeling is and go from there as this can help to give us something to work towards and make the journey clearer. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e