I need help

Rainsfall    

Hi my name is Mariam but if you can't pronounce my name call me Rainsfall. I'm a beatboxer guitarist and a gamer. I found out I was a lesbian at 12 but kept it in the back of my head but soon these feelings  sent signals to my brain. 

I have homophobic parents and I'm just so afraid to come out to them. They love me so much and If i come out to them they would kick me out the house and I'll have nowhere to go. I told my friends I'm queer but one of them are very angry about it.

I cry myself to sleep every day because I don't know what to do anymore my old friend who has been with me since I was 6 disowned me and I'm afraid of everything I don't know what to do anymore.

I need help 

Hey Mariam,

Welcome :). I'm one of the digital mentors here, and I give support to people who reach out to us. 

I'm sorry to hear that one of your friends didn't react well to you coming out. I completely get why you are afraid, and I know it's hard to loose a friend, but if they had such a bad reaction to finding out your sexuality, do you think they are a good friend? I know it still sucks to lose them, but your friends should be supportive, especially during this hard time for you. 

I just want you to know that we are always here if you need to talk to us. Feel free to have a big rant to us - we are here to listen and help you through. 

Can I ask, with coming out to your parents, are you thinking of doing it soon? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Yes I'm thinking of doing it soon because I don't want to miss out on everything. I don't want my parents to think I'm straight and I don't want to get married to a man with kids I want to live my life but the problem is my parents might hate me for coming out and then they'll kick me out I need help because my mental health is a mess.

I think I need to prepare myself

Hey Miriam,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with your mental health at the moment. I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I am here to listen and learn about your life. You can talk to us about absolutely anything. Would you like to tell us a little bit more about what's going on for you? I'm sure that we will be able to help you through whatever it is that you're going through with your wellbeing.

Can I ask, are you sure that your parents would actually kick you out? I guess I'm wondering, is there a chance that they could react better than you expect? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e