Telling My Loved Ones I'm Bisexual

JezD97    

Hi, My name is Jez! I currently came out as Bisexual and I haven't gotten to the point of telling my family. I'm very nervous and scared of what they're going to say and how they're going to act, I don't want to be criticized for how I identify and I'm glad that I found this safe space to help me through this hard time. Please help me!😥

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor

Hi @JezD97, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you 😄

4 hours ago, JezD97 said:

Hi, My name is Jez! I currently came out as Bisexual and I haven't gotten to the point of telling my family. I'm very nervous and scared of what they're going to say and how they're going to act, I don't want to be criticized for how I identify and I'm glad that I found this safe space to help me through this hard time. Please help me!😥

I'm glad you reached out here, Firstly, congrats! This is HUGE and I want to say thank you for sharing it with us here on community. Coming out as bisexual is a significant and courageous step for sure. It's completely understandable that you're feeling nervous and scared about telling your family. Opening up about your identity can be a vulnerable and challenging experience, especially when we worry about how our loved ones will react.

I'm here to support you and this is a safe space to express your thoughts and feelings. You do deserve acceptance and understanding for who you are. I do want to check with you about your safety. This is a priority when it comes to disclosing any information to people close to us. So, would you happen to know what views your family might hold when it comes to the LGBTQI+ community? Also, have you shared about you coming out to anyone else? 

Staff-Account.png

I've only shared with my cousin I haven't shared with my immediate family.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm Bre and I'm bisexual but don't know how to tell my parents. My Step Mom doesn't support people who are bisexual so I'm nervous about telling her.

• Like 2

I'm happy to hear that other people relate to my problems with coming out, I'm lost to be honest and I don't know what to do.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 6/22/2023 at 12:53 PM, JezD97 said:

I've only shared with my cousin I haven't shared with my immediate family.

Hi @JezD97, I have responded to you on Confidential support, so will continue the conversation with you there, is that okay with you?

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, Breezy232 said:

Hi, I'm Bre and I'm bisexual but don't know how to tell my parents. My Step Mom doesn't support people who are bisexual so I'm nervous about telling her.

Hi @Breezy232, I am I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.  I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. Thank you for sharing with us, this is a massive step for sure, I am wondering whether you'd like more one to one support or continue the conversation here on community? If you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you 😄

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Luie said:

Hi @JezD97, I have responded to you on Confidential support, so will continue the conversation with you there, is that okay with you?

Sounds good, Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi JezD97, I have a simple problem but haven't told any one but my closest friend.

Edited by Breezy232

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:42 AM, JezD97 said:

hey if your family doesnt have problems with the lgbtq just straight up tell them and if needed all appart or maybe evereyone togheter at your on pace