Ask Me Anything: Holly Hagan - TV Personality, Nutrition Coach and Ditch the Label Ambassador!

Holly Hagan    

Question

• VIP (Public Figure)

This AMA is now closed. Thanks for all of your questions!

Hey everyone! 
I’m Holly Hagan - TV personality, nutrition coach and Ditch the Label Ambassador. I try to use my platform to raise awareness of the many mistakes I’ve made in the past when it comes to diet culture. Educating people on the correct way to look after their body and mental health. I speak a lot about my experience with eating disorders and fad diets which were a product of years of appearance based bullying both on and offline.

Meeting Ditch the Label I felt an instant connection to the brand and new it was something I wanted to be involved in! Since then we’ve worked on many partnerships together and have even spoken with MPs in the House of Lords on the topic of body image. I’m so proud to be a Ditch the Label ambassador, they have not only helped me but many of my friends overcome difficult online abuse.

Feel free to ask me anything and hopefully I can use my knowledge and experiences to help you. Ask me anything from body image and nutrition to trolling and about my time on Geordie Shore. I'm an open book! ❤️

- Holly Hagan x

Holly-Hagan-Signature-Cover copy.jpg

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 5

• VIP (Public Figure)

Thank you everyone for submitting your questions I can't wait to do more of these in the future!

bye guys xxxx

• Like 2
  • Yaaas 1

OMG HI XD

Ok... my question is.. what are people most surprised about when they meet you in person? 😝

• Like 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:31 PM, jake said:

OMG HI XD

Ok... my question is.. what are people most surprised about when they meet you in person? 😝

HEY! ok so I think the one thing people think is that I'm going to be really stuck up and always seem to be suprised when I'm nice haha! I'm not sure what gave people that impression I think it must just be that I'm on tv. oh also people expect me to be taller and I'm short! x

• Like 6
  • Yaaas 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:25 PM, Zayn said:

Do you ever get nervous when you have to do events and things? I hate public speaking and crowds, do you have any tips?

yes! I actually stopped doing club appearances for this reason as I just hated being in crowds of drunk people! I think I'm a lot better now but sometimes I think the thought of things is actually worse than doing it x

• Like 4
  • Yaaas 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:41 PM, Cara said:

How do you learn to love the parts of you hate and get your confidence? I hate my love handles always as I have a small waist but they are bigger. And confidence of my whole self I find tricky too.. xx

to be honest I wouldn't say I fully love my body but I don't think its necessary to attach such a huge emotion to our outer shell. I LOVE who I am as a person and what I do for people. I certainly accept my body more now and I think that just comes with age and realising there is more to life than focusing so heavily on our appearance. I also train hard and treat my body well and I love seeing it progress in fitness and strength so I think that really helps to. I love what it does more than what It looks like x

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, cloudzs said:

wow im a huge fan🧡! what's been your biggest thing youve learnt on your fitness journey so far??

I think probably that even the fittest people can have cellulite and stretch marks. nobody is perfect but we've been shown images of fitness models for so many years that gave us these unrealistic expectations. id love to see more body representation in the fitness industry x

• Like 2
  • Yaaas 2

• VIP (Public Figure)
1 hour ago, Melodic11 said:

How do you overcome thinking that attractiveness is all that matters. I am so insecure and its so detrimental to my relationships. I just want everyone to think I look good and to the point that I don't see my bf loves me, I just want to be liked for the way I look

from someone who spent her entire teens and half of her 20s desperate to be skinny and pretty, honestly it just gets easier as you get older. when you know what you bring to the table aside from your outer appearance you can then really start to work out who you are as a person. what I've come to realise is you can be the prettiest girl in the room but if you aren't a good person you won't be attractive to others. being a good person and having a beautiful soul is what radiates though. id much rather someone tell me I have a beautiful soul than a pretty face x

• Like 3
  • Yaaas 3

How do you learn to love the parts of you hate and get your confidence? I hate my love handles always as I have a small waist but they are bigger. And confidence of my whole self I find tricky too.. xx

• Like 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 7:12 PM, WinterPickles said:

What do you do to calm your nerves before you go on TV?

I don't actually do much live tv for this reason I'm just too anxious and would Spend too much time thinking about it before hand that it probably wouldn't be worth the stress! with other things such as Gshore/ogs we film and it doesn't go out for a few months so its fine x

• Like 3

• VIP (Public Figure)
6 hours ago, cloudzs said:

How do you deal with trolling on places like insta? what do you think people should do?

thankfully I don't get many trolls now but the best thing to do is block and not respond. these people want attention and trolls are just projecting their insecurities onto someone else so they can feel better about themselves x

• Like 3

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Holly, great to welcome you to our community! My question: what has been your career highlight so far? 🥰

Staff-Account.png

wow im a huge fan🧡! what's been your biggest thing youve learnt on your fitness journey so far??

• Like 1

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Holly! Great to have you here. What was your favourite scene to film and why was it the one with me in the House of Lords? 😂 But seriously, if you could choose one - which would it be?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Staff-Account.png.060e8e769a7369fee08ffdf79fb8fc2a.png

How do you overcome thinking that attractiveness is all that matters. I am so insecure and its so detrimental to my relationships. I just want everyone to think I look good and to the point that I don't see my bf loves me, I just want to be liked for the way I look

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, kqfellasfan said:

what is your favourite song right now?

im really loving heartbreak anthem little mix obv! x

• Like 1

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/23/2021 at 5:46 PM, RachaelLouise said:

Hi Holly 🙂 I just wanted to ask what motivates you to exercise (and keep it going long term) and also what within yourself drives your ambition? 

hey! I would say mainly because its my job now I have to turn up and create fitness sessions for our subscribers. also the feeling I get after and seeing my body progress in fitness is something I've never focused on before. I think the thing that drives my ambition is knowing if I do well I can provide for my family and they don't have to worry as much x

• Like 3

• VIP (Public Figure)
On 6/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, Nicola P said:

Do you remember the first troll comment you saw and the first non-troll (positive) comment you saw? Xxx

I remember the first thing I really saw was people from my area slagging me off on Facebook saying I was a fat slag and an embarrassment to the area. unfortunately I don't remember my first positive comment as the beginning was pretty negative tbh! thankfully that's changed now x

• Shocked 3