Hi! I need some help...

mars the candy bar    

So, just for some  short backstory... I've been Pansexual for 2-3 years now. My whole family is VERY homophobic, and i  just don't know how to come out.  If anyone has advice, then please tell me. Thanks :)

Hey @Bee_Is_Yes

Welcome to our community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us.

Thank you for sharing your backstory with us. I'm sorry to hear that your whole family is very homophobic - how are you feeling about this? Before I give you advice, can I check, do you feel ready to come out? It's totally fine to wait if you don't - there really is no rush. Also, could coming out put you in danger, like getting kicked out or being abused? If so, then it's best to wait until you can move out or at least make sure you have somewhere else to stay if things become too challenging. What do you think? Let me know and then I can give you more advice.

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hi so Im bi and the other week I told my mum and this is the third time I told her the old times she said it was just a phase. My family is also very homophobic and I find it best to bring it up for example maybe bring up a celebrity that is Pan or something just to see there reaction. If there not very happy then you don't have to come out straight away! There is no rush. If you want more help, we are here for you :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Yaaas 1

7 hours ago, ljack280307 said:

Hi so Im bi and the other week I told my mum and this is the third time I told her the old times she said it was just a phase. My family is also very homophobic and I find it best to bring it up for example maybe bring up a celebrity that is Pan or something just to see there reaction. If there not very happy then you don't have to come out straight away! There is no rush. If you want more help, we are here for you :) 

Hey @ljack280307

Thanks for offering your help to @Bee_Is_Yes - that's kind of you. It's great that you told your mum, especially with your family being very homophobic. Did she react any differently when you told her for the third time? It's pretty common for parents to react by saying that it's just a phase. Over time, by sticking to your word and showing that you're serious, the parents tend to come around to the news. So, i'm curious to know if she maybe sees it differently now it's the third time you've told her. 

@ljack280307 That sounds like a great idea, and I'll try that soon.  Thank you! 

• Like 1

Let us know how it goes. We are always here to support you if you need it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 2:38 AM, ljack280307 said:

Great advice!

I am also bi and havent told anyone but I dont think I'll need to use that technique as everyone I know are most likely supportive and one of then is also bi!

Oh also @Bee_Is_Yeswhen your ready to say If you are not comfortable saying it out loud than you could write it down and then go out and when you come back the peeps you told should have processed it and the topic might be easier!

Thats what I will most likely do soon so when I do if you still havent come out I will report how it went!