IDK

Emberfrost12

3 hours ago, Lila said:

Totally get it, I have felt like that before, however, at some point, I realized it was not fair to treat me this way or even compare me to others when we all are so different in so many aspects, and would you mind if I ask what is  for you normal? or enough? on what you refer to in the comment) honestly, I don't think that the majority of us at this age knows what to do, or feel accomplished or complete in a (or any) way, there are so many questions and preoccupations of growing up, but being hard with ourselves... Does it really help it?

I think small steps on the hobby or ability you want to develop and *acknowledging* them is a good place to start, making it easier for you like; "I want to learn how to bake so I´ll make a dessert with my favorite fruit and will put some music and will share it afterward with the ones I love". Even if it isn´t something huge allow yourself to congratulate yourself for example "ok I didn´t get to bake or make the dessert today but I created this gorgeous Pinterest board about recipes I could try" and know that you are all right, enough and loved.

...What do you think you could do to improve your relationship with yourself? I´m here if you need to talk. I´m not the best with advice and actually no one to give advice but I wanted to let you know that I understand that feeling and it´s okay 

That was actually really good advice, thank you :)

My normal is kind of 'weird, open, 80s, and queer' Which really confuses some people :)

I'll try that, thx

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor
On 9/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Ok, that makes sense

I've tried multiple things, including reading, but every time I get distracted from it, I imagine a horrible outcome for the book. And If I try to distract myself, it feels...unfinished, like If I keep waiting, it'll just get worse

This might sound a bit strange but do you have a "happy place" you can go to. It takes a bit of practice but basically you imagine what your happy place would be - and it can be anything. For some it might be an island, for others it's the moon, an adventure park, anywhere you want really that you feel good about. And you try and imagine what it would look like, what sounds there might be, what smells etc. Ideally you would imagine this happy place every day so you get really used to imagining it. And then the next time when you start thinking about these horrible scenarios you can see if you can stop it by imagining your happy place instead. Do you think that might work? 

7 hours ago, Aurora said:

This might sound a bit strange but do you have a "happy place" you can go to. It takes a bit of practice but basically you imagine what your happy place would be - and it can be anything. For some it might be an island, for others it's the moon, an adventure park, anywhere you want really that you feel good about. And you try and imagine what it would look like, what sounds there might be, what smells etc. Ideally you would imagine this happy place every day so you get really used to imagining it. And then the next time when you start thinking about these horrible scenarios you can see if you can stop it by imagining your happy place instead. Do you think that might work? 

I don't, but I'll try creating one. I'll tell you how that goes :)