This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle ย  ย 

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

I can imagine that the difficult topics are taking a toll on your mental health. Have you mentioned this to your youth workย  teacher at all? They might be able to give you a bit of extra support.ย 

That's really good that you are seeing your welfare manager regularly and that it's helping you calm down. It's so important that you trust her, too. I would imagine that makes it much easier to talk to her. Is that right?ย ย 

Is there anything at all that you do at home to help you relax and switch off?

Yes I told my welfare manager to email my youth worker teacher because I couldn't explain it again to another teacher. My Youth worker teacher and me and my welfare manager had a meeting today and they would rather have me move classes so I don't quit the course and my welfare manager wants me to keep talking to her every other day on every week she also wants me to keep emailing her aswell. I usually watch TV and do some colouring. I do really trust and she is so nice aswell which it makes it easier to talk to her.

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes I told my welfare manager to email my youth worker teacher because I couldn't explain it again to another teacher. My Youth worker teacher and me and my welfare manager had a meeting today and they would rather have me move classes so I don't quit the course and my welfare manager wants me to keep talking to her every other day on every week she also wants me to keep emailing her aswell. I usually watch TV and do some colouring. I do really trust and she is so nice aswell which it makes it easier to talk to her.

I'm glad to hear that, It sounds like they are taking your problem really seriously and are trying to help you find a solution. Is that right? How do you feel after the meeting yesterday?

You're welfare manager sounds lovely and it's great that you really trust her. That's so important after everything you've been through.ย 

Can you think of anything else that might help you relax, when you're at home?ย 

ย 

Staff-Account.png

29 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear that, It sounds like they are taking your problem really seriously and are trying to help you find a solution. Is that right? How do you feel after the meeting yesterday?

You're welfare manager sounds lovely and it's great that you really trust her. That's so important after everything you've been through.ย 

Can you think of anything else that might help you relax, when you're at home?ย 

The meeting was good actually since it was me welfare manager and a science teacher who I do lesson support with her. And another welfare manager. I've got to have 3 more meetings about it and they're putting support in place for me. Not really at home I just feel like my self and nothing is going on at home i feel like myself and dont feel stressedย 

• Digital Mentor
On 12/1/2023 at 11:52 AM, Treacle 246 said:

The meeting was good actually since it was me welfare manager and a science teacher who I do lesson support with her. And another welfare manager. I've got to have 3 more meetings about it and they're putting support in place for me. Not really at home I just feel like my self and nothing is going on at home i feel like myself and dont feel stressedย 

That's great that they are putting support in place for you. I really hope it makes a difference. And if it doesn't, then you have three more meetings to talk about it and make sure you get the right kind of support๐Ÿซ‚. If you like you can keep me posted how it goes (but as always please don't feel you have to)

I'm glad you feel like yourself at home and you don't feel stressed there. It is good, when we have somewhere, where we can relax and switch off from everything. When do your Christmas holidays start?

ย 

Staff-Account.png

18 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's great that they are putting support in place for you. I really hope it makes a difference. And if it doesn't, then you have three more meetings to talk about it and make sure you get the right kind of support๐Ÿซ‚. If you like you can keep me posted how it goes (but as always please don't feel you have to)

I'm glad you feel like yourself at home and you don't feel stressed there. It is good, when we have somewhere, where we can relax and switch off from everything. When do your Christmas holidays start?

Yeah it is good.ย  I have just came out of meeting it was actually quite good I got everyone out I had to say. I was a bit scared of going into the meeting but it was good. Yeah they are helping but I don't know about the support what will be in place. So I've got to have another meeting tomorrow. Yes I will keep you posted. I also didn't have my counselling today since she was ill and I just started to experience flashbacks again. Mine start on 20/12/23- 10/1/23. I'm so glad I don't go back on my birthday.ย 

• Digital Mentor
17 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah it is good.ย  I have just came out of meeting it was actually quite good I got everyone out I had to say. I was a bit scared of going into the meeting but it was good. Yeah they are helping but I don't know about the support what will be in place. So I've got to have another meeting tomorrow. Yes I will keep you posted. I also didn't have my counselling today since she was ill and I just started to experience flashbacks again. Mine start on 20/12/23- 10/1/23. I'm so glad I don't go back on my birthday.ย 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have your counselling session today. Is there someone else you would feel comfortable to talk to about your flashbacks? Maybe the school nurse or your welfare officer? If you don't want to go into detail, you could just mention that you are having them. What do you think?ย 

I'm glad to hear the meeting was good and that you got everything out you wanted to say. I hope the meeting tomorrow goes well, too and that you will find out what support they will put in place for you.

That's nice that you don't have to go back to school on your birthday ๐Ÿฅณ!!ย 

Staff-Account.png

6 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have your counselling session today. Is there someone else you would feel comfortable to talk to about your flashbacks? Maybe the school nurse or your welfare officer? If you don't want to go into detail, you could just mention that you are having them. What do you think?ย 

I'm glad to hear the meeting was good and that you got everything out you wanted to say. I hope the meeting tomorrow goes well, too and that you will find out what support they will put in place for you.

That's nice that you don't have to go back to school on your birthday ๐Ÿฅณ!!ย 

I have mentioned it to my welfare manager but unfortunately she isn't free to see me today she said she will see me tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment today so I'm going to talk to her about it.ย 

• Digital Mentor
12 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I have mentioned it to my welfare manager but unfortunately she isn't free to see me today she said she will see me tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment today so I'm going to talk to her about it.ย 

That sounds like a good idea. I'm really glad you're reaching out for helpย ๐Ÿซ‚

Staff-Account.png

On 12/5/2023 at 12:16 PM, Aurora said:

That sounds like a good idea. I'm really glad you're reaching out for helpย ๐Ÿซ‚

Yes it was a good idea I want you to know that I've been diagnosed with early stage depression. Yeah it's difficult I was supposed to talk to my welfare manager today but she got sent home I talked to the school nurse Monday and talked to my other welfare manager.ย 

I'm fed up of feeling tired all the timeย 

On 12/12/2023 at 7:28 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Yes it was a good idea I want you to know that I've been diagnosed with early stage depression. Yeah it's difficult I was supposed to talk to my welfare manager today but she got sent home I talked to the school nurse Monday and talked to my other welfare manager.ย 

I'm fed up of feeling tired all the timeย 

Hi Aurora,

I need to talk to someone and I don't really know who I can turn to I've gotten alot of upsetting news from my mum about my older sister. My welfare manager knows but she isn't free today and I don't really know who to talk to.ย 

• Digital Mentor
38 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,

I need to talk to someone and I don't really know who I can turn to I've gotten alot of upsetting news from my mum about my older sister. My welfare manager knows but she isn't free today and I don't really know who to talk to.ย 

Hi Treacle, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you've had some upsetting news. You can talk to me if you like? I'm online for another half an hour or so. We can either talk here or on confidential support if you would prefer to talk about it privately.ย 

Alternatively, could you speak to your school nurse or your old head of year? You've mentioned before that you trust them both? I'm sure one of them would be happy to find some time to talk to you. What do you think? Please remember, you're not alone and there is lots of support around youย ๐Ÿซ‚

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

Hi Treacle, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you've had some upsetting news. You can talk to me if you like? I'm online for another half an hour or so. We can either talk here or on confidential support if you would prefer to talk about it privately.ย 

Alternatively, could you speak to your school nurse or your old head of year? You've mentioned before that you trust them both? I'm sure one of them would be happy to find some time to talk to you. What do you think? Please remember, you're not alone and there is lots of support around youย ๐Ÿซ‚

I found out that my sister is pregnant and she doesn't want me or mum involved but I found out today that she wants me Involved but she doesn't want me talking to mum about her life. I don't want to be in the middle of this again. Welfare are not free, the school nurse is also really busy and I don't know about my old head of year but I think she is busy with doing lessons. I think I will talk to a science teacherย 

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I found out that my sister is pregnant and she doesn't want me or mum involved but I found out today that she wants me Involved but she doesn't want me talking to mum about her life. I don't want to be in the middle of this again. Welfare are not free, the school nurse is also really busy and I don't know about my old head of year but I think she is busy with doing lessons. I think I will talk to a science teacherย 

That does sound like a tricky situation to be in. I'm sorry that you're stuck in the middle. Forget about what everyone else wants/is saying. What do you want? Would you like to be involved?ย 

It's nice that you can also talk to your science teacher. When we get news like this, I find it can be really helpful to talk it through with someone who isn't involved and isn't part of the family.ย 

Staff-Account.png

15 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That does sound like a tricky situation to be in. I'm sorry that you're stuck in the middle. Forget about what everyone else wants/is saying. What do you want? Would you like to be involved?ย 

It's nice that you can also talk to your science teacher. When we get news like this, I find it can be really helpful to talk it through with someone who isn't involved and isn't part of the family.ย 

I don't really want to be involved due to what she has put me through. Yeah it Is alot easier to talk to people who are not familyย 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really want to be involved due to what she has put me through. Yeah it Is alot easier to talk to people who are not familyย 

And that is absolutely fair enough. I think it's important that you think about your own wellbeing, especially as a lot has happened between the two of you in the past. My advice would be to wait until you can speak to your welfare manager and ask her to help you to communicate this to your sister. She knows your situation so she should be able to help you with this. By that I don't mean that you shouldn't speak to your science teacher - I just mean that it might be a good idea to hold offย  from speaking to your sister about it until you have met with your welfare manager.ย What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

9 minutes ago, Aurora said:

And that is absolutely fair enough. I think it's important that you think about your own wellbeing, especially as a lot has happened between the two of you in the past. My advice would be to wait until you can speak to your welfare manager and ask her to help you to communicate this to your sister. She knows your situation so she should be able to help you with this. By that I don't mean that you shouldn't speak to your science teacher - I just mean that it might be a good idea to hold offย  from speaking to your sister about it until you have met with your welfare manager.ย What do you think?

My welfare manager isn't in tomorrow so I will see if she is free Monday but I have a feeling she won't be because we break up from school in 4 days. But I will say I really need to tak to her.

• Digital Mentor
11 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

My welfare manager isn't in tomorrow so I will see if she is free Monday but I have a feeling she won't be because we break up from school in 4 days. But I will say I really need to tak to her.

I think that's a good idea. Do you have her email address? Maybe you could send her an email?ย 

I'm afraid I have to log off now but I will check in with you when I'm back online.ย 

Staff-Account.png

22 hours ago, Aurora said:

I think that's a good idea. Do you have her email address? Maybe you could send her an email?ย 

I'm afraid I have to log off now but I will check in with you when I'm back online.ย 

Hi Aurora,

I emailed her and it turns out she is in today but I asked to speak on Monday I'm hoping she will be free,

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,

I emailed her and it turns out she is in today but I asked to speak on Monday I'm hoping she will be free,

Heyy @Treacle 246, this sounds extremely rough. I am online over the weekend if you want to have a 1-1 conversation until Aurora is back next week.ย 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Luie said:

Heyy @Treacle 246, this sounds extremely rough. I am online over the weekend if you want to have a 1-1 conversation until Aurora is back next week.ย 

It is rough but I'm alright but if anything happens will tell you if I canย 

• Digital Mentor
On 12/15/2023 at 10:50 AM, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,

Hi @Treacle 246ย I'm back online again. How have you been and how do you feel about everything now? Did you get to speak to her on Monday? If so, how did it go?ย 

Staff-Account.png

44 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246ย I'm back online again. How have you been and how do you feel about everything now? Did you get to speak to her on Monday? If so, how did it go?ย 

I didn't manage to talk to her Monday. So we both decided to have a meeting together on Tuesday. I managed to tell her everything. I'm feeling alright by just really ill. Talking to her Tuesday helped I also saw yer yesterday and had a meeting again. But good thing I've gotten up from school nowย 

• Digital Mentor
13 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I didn't manage to talk to her Monday. So we both decided to have a meeting together on Tuesday. I managed to tell her everything. I'm feeling alright by just really ill. Talking to her Tuesday helped I also saw yer yesterday and had a meeting again. But good thing I've gotten up from school nowย 

I'm glad you got to speak to her on Tuesday and again yesterday. Do you feel like you know now what to do with regards to your sister?ย 

Sorry to hear that you're ill. I hope you feel much better soon!ย 

It's nice that you're on holiday now. Are you looking forward to Christmas?ย 

Staff-Account.png