This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle    

• Digital Mentor
7 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I really do want to know what is wrong with it. I don't know it pending on if its bad or its just an easy thing to fix. 

I really hope it's an easy thing to fix and easily treatable. You might find that your mental health will improve, too once you know what it is and once they can start treating it. Our physical health and our mental health are connected and when we have problems with one of them it can affect the other one as well. 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2024 at 11:21 AM, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I really do want to know what is wrong with it. I don't know it pending on if its bad or its just an easy thing to fix. 

Hi Aurora, 

I haven't bene on this for a long time as jts bene quite busy they found out why I'm tired it's because I have low folic acid also had quite the scare yesterday due to my mum going into hospital but she is alright now which is good and she is home now. But it was just scary. 

• Digital Mentor
On 3/12/2024 at 1:49 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora, 

I haven't bene on this for a long time as jts bene quite busy they found out why I'm tired it's because I have low folic acid also had quite the scare yesterday due to my mum going into hospital but she is alright now which is good and she is home now. But it was just scary. 

Hi Treacle, it's lovely to hear from you 🙂.

Thanks so much for the update. That does sound very scary. I'm glad to hear she's alright now and back at home but I totally get why this would have come as a shock. How are you feeling now? And how is your Mum today? 

I'm glad to hear that they have found out, which you've been feeling so tired lately. Do you have to take folic acid supplements now? 

Staff-Account.png

54 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi Treacle, it's lovely to hear from you 🙂.

Thanks so much for the update. That does sound very scary. I'm glad to hear she's alright now and back at home but I totally get why this would have come as a shock. How are you feeling now? And how is your Mum today? 

I'm glad to hear that they have found out, which you've been feeling so tired lately. Do you have to take folic acid supplements now? 

My mum is just sleeping alot lately and I just feel tired when I have to do most of the house work. I'm feeling alright now. Yes I do have supplements but I don't like them they are really horrible 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Treacle 246 said:

My mum is just sleeping alot lately and I just feel tired when I have to do most of the house work. I'm feeling alright now. Yes I do have supplements but I don't like them they are really horrible 

They sound horrible... Do you know if there are any other supplements you can take instead? I think you can get different ones for folic acid. Maybe you could ask your doctor to prescribe you a different one. How would you feel about that? 

I can imagine that must be exhausting for you. Apologies if I have asked you that before but do you get any support for being a young carer? I think I can  remember you mentioning something before. I'm just wondering if there is a young carers group you could reach out to? You might be able to get a bit more support, now that your Mum has been unwell. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in and see how both, you and your Mum are doing today? I hope your Mum is feeling better and I hope that you've got more energy today 😃 Have you got any plans for the weekend? 

Staff-Account.png

On 3/14/2024 at 12:09 PM, Aurora said:

They sound horrible... Do you know if there are any other supplements you can take instead? I think you can get different ones for folic acid. Maybe you could ask your doctor to prescribe you a different one. How would you feel about that? 

I can imagine that must be exhausting for you. Apologies if I have asked you that before but do you get any support for being a young carer? I think I can  remember you mentioning something before. I'm just wondering if there is a young carers group you could reach out to? You might be able to get a bit more support, now that your Mum has been unwell. What do you think? 

Hi Aurora, 

No these ones have the right amount for me Im getting used to taking them. Yeah it is. Not really but if I felt like it's too overwhelming I can talk to my welfare manager. I think that might be a good idea 

On 3/15/2024 at 10:52 AM, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in and see how both, you and your Mum are doing today? I hope your Mum is feeling better and I hope that you've got more energy today 😃 Have you got any plans for the weekend? 

Hi Aurora,  

We're doing alright just getting better of being ill. Mum is getting there I don't have alot of energy today but did manage to get some coursework done.  Just chilling out and doing house work 

• Digital Mentor
On 3/16/2024 at 9:17 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora, 

No these ones have the right amount for me Im getting used to taking them. Yeah it is. Not really but if I felt like it's too overwhelming I can talk to my welfare manager. I think that might be a good idea 

Hi Treacle, 

That makes sense that you need to take some with the right amount of folic acid for you. I'm glad you're getting used to taking them.

Have you looked into joining a young carers group? Don't feel you have to but it might be a nice idea to connect with others who can understand your situation and know what you're going through. What do you think? 

On 3/16/2024 at 9:21 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora,  

We're doing alright just getting better of being ill. Mum is getting there I don't have alot of energy today but did manage to get some coursework done.  Just chilling out and doing house work 

Great to hear you're doing alright and that your Mum is feeling better. Do you have a lot of coursework to do at the moment? 

Staff-Account.png

11 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi Treacle, 

That makes sense that you need to take some with the right amount of folic acid for you. I'm glad you're getting used to taking them.

Have you looked into joining a young carers group? Don't feel you have to but it might be a nice idea to connect with others who can understand your situation and know what you're going through. What do you think? 

Great to hear you're doing alright and that your Mum is feeling better. Do you have a lot of coursework to do at the moment? 

Hi Aurora,

I have but I don't think I will do it as thre is a young carer's group starting at school next term after Easter. I do have some friends who are young carers. Yeah have 2 lots of ccoursework due next week and next term but I'm a bit behind on the coursework but I am getting help from my teacher after school 

• Digital Mentor

Hi Aurora,

I have but I don't think I will do it as thre is a young carer's group starting at school next term after Easter. I do have some friends who are young carers. Yeah have 2 lots of ccoursework due next week and next term but I'm a bit behind on the coursework but I am getting help from my teacher after school 

That's great that you have a young carer's group starting at school. Do you think you will join? It's nice that you have some friends, who are young carers, too. 

I'm glad to hear that you are getting help from one of your teachers after school. I would imagine it must have been difficult to focus on school work when your Mum had to go to hospital and you were worried about her. Did you tell your school what was going on? I think they have been quite supportive in the past, haven't they? 

Staff-Account.png

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's great that you have a young carer's group starting at school. Do you think you will join? It's nice that you have some friends, who are young carers, too. 

I'm glad to hear that you are getting help from one of your teachers after school. I would imagine it must have been difficult to focus on school work when your Mum had to go to hospital and you were worried about her. Did you tell your school what was going on? I think they have been quite supportive in the past, haven't they? 

Yeah I think I will join and yes it is nice to talk to my friends. 

It was difficult to get it the coursework done but they've given me an extension on the deadline when they found out what happened which has helped me yeah they have and they are still being supportive 

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I think I will join and yes it is nice to talk to my friends. 

It was difficult to get it the coursework done but they've given me an extension on the deadline when they found out what happened which has helped me yeah they have and they are still being supportive 

That's really good to hear ! I would imagine that has helped to take away a little bit of the stress. How has school been for you recently? 

That's nice that you're thinking of joining the group. Hopefully it will be a really supportive group ❤️ . Do you know who will be running it? 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

That's really good to hear ! I would imagine that has helped to take away a little bit of the stress. How has school been for you recently? 

That's nice that you're thinking of joining the group. Hopefully it will be a really supportive group ❤️ . Do you know who will be running it? 

It's not been good to be honest an ex friend gas accused me of sending an email to the school which I haven't.  I'm not feeling comfortable when I see them I gad anxiety attack yesterday after school. 

I think the school welfare team is running it but I don't know 

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Treacle 246 said:

It's not been good to be honest an ex friend gas accused me of sending an email to the school which I haven't.  I'm not feeling comfortable when I see them I gad anxiety attack yesterday after school. 

I think the school welfare team is running it but I don't know 

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. It's really horrible if someone accuses you of doing something that you haven't done. Can I ask, is that the same girl, who made you feel uncomfortable because she kept talking about taking drugs and then got two of your friends to have a go at you? I can understand why you don't comfortable seeing them. Have you spoken to anyone at your school about this?  

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. It's really horrible if someone accuses you of doing something that you haven't done. Can I ask, is that the same girl, who made you feel uncomfortable because she kept talking about taking drugs and then got two of your friends to have a go at you? I can understand why you don't comfortable seeing them. Have you spoken to anyone at your school about this?  

Yes unfortunately it is, yeah my welfare manager knows and my head of sixth-form knows aswell and they are helping alot I have a meeting with my welfare manager and the same girl on Friday which has been making me anxious about going to the meeting 

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes unfortunately it is, yeah my welfare manager knows and my head of sixth-form knows aswell and they are helping alot I have a meeting with my welfare manager and the same girl on Friday which has been making me anxious about going to the meeting 

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be difficult, especially as you used to be friends. It's good though that your head of sixth-form and your welfare manager know and that they are helping. 

Thank you for sharing that you feel anxious about the meeting. Can I ask, is there something in particular you are worried about? Is there anything that you can think of that is helpful about having that meeting? 

Just to let you know, that I need to log off now but I will be back online on Thursday and I will check in with you then. We're here for you ❤️

Staff-Account.png

On 3/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, Aurora said:

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be difficult, especially as you used to be friends. It's good though that your head of sixth-form and your welfare manager know and that they are helping. 

Thank you for sharing that you feel anxious about the meeting. Can I ask, is there something in particular you are worried about? Is there anything that you can think of that is helpful about having that meeting? 

Just to let you know, that I need to log off now but I will be back online on Thursday and I will check in with you then. We're here for you ❤️

Yeah they are helping. Not really but I just don't do well in meetings my anxiety goes really high and it makes me feel uneasy and faint. That it will help resolve the issue. 

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah they are helping. Not really but I just don't do well in meetings my anxiety goes really high and it makes me feel uneasy and faint. That it will help resolve the issue. 

Hi @Treacle 246 I hope the meeting goes really well today and that it will help to resolve the issue, like you said. I think you mentioned before that your counsellor has given you some useful strategies for when you are feeling anxious. Is that right? Do you think they might help you during the meeting today? 

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246 I hope the meeting goes really well today and that it will help to resolve the issue, like you said. I think you mentioned before that your counsellor has given you some useful strategies for when you are feeling anxious. Is that right? Do you think they might help you during the meeting today? 

Well the meeting with the person is that they don't want to do it but my welfare manager had told them to just keep her distance away from me and just don't do anything mean towards me. I've been stressing about this meeting all week and I got told that it's not happening which to be honest I'm alright with but it would of been nice that the person could of said it yesterday. But I'm still talking to my welfare as there are alot of things I need to talk to her about 

• Digital Mentor

Well the meeting with the person is that they don't want to do it but my welfare manager had told them to just keep her distance away from me and just don't do anything mean towards me. I've been stressing about this meeting all week and I got told that it's not happening which to be honest I'm alright with but it would of been nice that the person could of said it yesterday. But I'm still talking to my welfare as there are alot of things I need to talk to her about 

That's frustrating that she didn't say anything earlier. Also, it doesn't sound like you were keen on the meeting but you would have still done it so it's disappointing that she has just decided not to do it. How do you feel about the whole situation? 

That's good that you are still going to talk to your welfare manager. It sounds like you have a lot on your mind. Is that right? I would imagine it's going to be helpful to talk to her. It's great that you trust her and that she makes time to talk to you. I get the impression that she cares about you a lot. 

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's frustrating that she didn't say anything earlier. Also, it doesn't sound like you were keen on the meeting but you would have still done it so it's disappointing that she has just decided not to do it. How do you feel about the whole situation? 

That's good that you are still going to talk to your welfare manager. It sounds like you have a lot on your mind. Is that right? I would imagine it's going to be helpful to talk to her. It's great that you trust her and that she makes time to talk to you. I get the impression that she cares about you a lot. 

Yes that's correct I was not keen on doing the meeting but I would of still done it . I don't really know to be honest I'm just going to accept it. I

Yes I do but I just haven't found the right time to tell her but I've noticed that my mental health is getting worse again. Yes it is helpful to talk to her. To be honest I think she does and she is so caring and kind 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes that's correct I was not keen on doing the meeting but I would of still done it . I don't really know to be honest I'm just going to accept it. I

Yes I do but I just haven't found the right time to tell her but I've noticed that my mental health is getting worse again. Yes it is helpful to talk to her. To be honest I think she does and she is so caring and kind 

That's so lovely to hear. She sounds really kind and caring. I'm really glad that you can talk to her so openly. Do you think you will tell her about your mental health today? Maybe she can help you to get some extra support, now that your counselling sessions have finished. What do you think? 

That's great that you've decided to accept it. It sounds like there is nothing much you can do at the moment. Also, your Head of Year and your welfare office are aware, so they can make sure that she doesn't bother you anymore. 

Staff-Account.png

9 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's so lovely to hear. She sounds really kind and caring. I'm really glad that you can talk to her so openly. Do you think you will tell her about your mental health today? Maybe she can help you to get some extra support, now that your counselling sessions have finished. What do you think? 

That's great that you've decided to accept it. It sounds like there is nothing much you can do at the moment. Also, your Head of Year and your welfare office are aware, so they can make sure that she doesn't bother you anymore. 

I don't really know it's pending on how the day goes and how im feeling. Im on the waiting list for counselling which will Hopefully be sometime in April. I might. Yeah there isn't much to really do about it. Yeah they are which is good and very helpful for me. 

• Digital Mentor
20 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really know it's pending on how the day goes and how im feeling. Im on the waiting list for counselling which will Hopefully be sometime in April. I might. Yeah there isn't much to really do about it. Yeah they are which is good and very helpful for me. 

That's good that you're on the waiting list for counselling. Hopefully you can start those sessions soon. Do you think it would be helpful to tell your welfare officer that you have been struggling with your mental health recently. What do you think is stopping you from telling her, if you don't mind me asking? 

Staff-Account.png