This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle    

On 3/22/2024 at 11:36 AM, Aurora said:

That's good that you're on the waiting list for counselling. Hopefully you can start those sessions soon. Do you think it would be helpful to tell your welfare officer that you have been struggling with your mental health recently. What do you think is stopping you from telling her, if you don't mind me asking? 

Hi Aurora, 

I forgot to reply but I had a meeting with my welfare manager and she noticed that there was something up and wrong i couldn’t say it as it was difficult but half way through the meeting I told my welfare manager that I'm struggling with my mental she has let me talked to her about mostly everything but I still haven't said everything as thighs just keep popping up and interrupting what im trying to say as my mind is way to full of stress. It has been every helpful ever since I've told her. Its my anxiety that was stopping me from telling her 

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora, 

I forgot to reply but I had a meeting with my welfare manager and she noticed that there was something up and wrong i couldn’t say it as it was difficult but half way through the meeting I told my welfare manager that I'm struggling with my mental she has let me talked to her about mostly everything but I still haven't said everything as thighs just keep popping up and interrupting what im trying to say as my mind is way to full of stress. It has been every helpful ever since I've told her. Its my anxiety that was stopping me from telling her 

Hi Treacle, thanks so much for your update. I'm glad to hear that it's been really helpful telling her. How are you feeling today? 

I get why you found it difficult to talk about. Feeling anxious can make it really difficult to talk about what's on our mind. We might worry about what the other person might think/say and like you said anxiety can also make it difficult to find the right words, as thoughts just keep popping into our head, disrupting what we are trying to say. Do you think you might find it easier to write things down? If so, maybe next time you have something on your mind and you don't know how to tell your welfare manager (or anyone else) you could write them a note before you meet and then pass it to them during your meeting. Would that work? 

Have you got Easter holidays now? 

Staff-Account.png

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi Treacle, thanks so much for your update. I'm glad to hear that it's been really helpful telling her. How are you feeling today? 

I get why you found it difficult to talk about. Feeling anxious can make it really difficult to talk about what's on our mind. We might worry about what the other person might think/say and like you said anxiety can also make it difficult to find the right words, as thoughts just keep popping into our head, disrupting what we are trying to say. Do you think you might find it easier to write things down? If so, maybe next time you have something on your mind and you don't know how to tell your welfare manager (or anyone else) you could write them a note before you meet and then pass it to them during your meeting. Would that work? 

Have you got Easter holidays now? 

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Yeah I do that but sometimes I just don't know how to word it. I think that might work it seems like a good idea. Yes broke up yesterday and I'm glad to have 2 weeks off 

• Digital Mentor
4 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I'm feeling a bit better today.  Yeah I do that but sometimes I just don't know how to word it. I think that might work it seems like a good idea. Yes broke up yesterday and I'm glad to have 2 weeks off 

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit better! Maybe you can give it a go and see if it works for you. No worries if not - we can always think of other ways on how you might find it easier to talk about these kinds of things. 

Have you got any plans for the Easter holidays? How is your Mum? Is she continuing to get better, after her last hospital stay? 

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit better! Maybe you can give it a go and see if it works for you. No worries if not - we can always think of other ways on how you might find it easier to talk about these kinds of things. 

Have you got any plans for the Easter holidays? How is your Mum? Is she continuing to get better, after her last hospital stay? 

Yeah I will give it a go. Thank-you just chilling out and going out with friends my mum is a little bit better but still in pain but yes she is Continuing getting better 

• Digital Mentor
24 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I will give it a go. Thank-you just chilling out and going out with friends my mum is a little bit better but still in pain but yes she is Continuing getting better 

I'm sorry to hear that your mum is still in pain but it's good that she keeps getting better. Hopefully the pain will go away soon as well. 

Chilling and going out with your friends sounds perfect - I would imagine it's just what you need right now  😃

Is there anything else that is on your mind at the moment or are you good for now? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? I hope you're having a nice Easter break and you've been able to chill and meet up with your friends, like you planned. 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 9:30 AM, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? I hope you're having a nice Easter break and you've been able to chill and meet up with your friends, like you planned. 

Hi Aurora, 

It's been good but it could be better. Yes just been resting this week as last week was busy haven't been able to meet up with friends but it's alright 

• Digital Mentor
48 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora, 

It's been good but it could be better. Yes just been resting this week as last week was busy haven't been able to meet up with friends but it's alright 

Hi Treacle, thanks for the update. I'm glad you've been able to rest a bit - especially after having a busy week. Did you have a nice Easter weekend? Are you looking forward to going back to college and seeing your friends again or would you prefer to have a bit more time off? 

Staff-Account.png

8 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi Treacle, thanks for the update. I'm glad you've been able to rest a bit - especially after having a busy week. Did you have a nice Easter weekend? Are you looking forward to going back to college and seeing your friends again or would you prefer to have a bit more time off? 

You're welcome. Yes we did I hope you had a nice Easter weekend aswell. I'm not looking forward to going back as I've got exams to prepare for and aswell want more time off 

• Digital Mentor
12 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

You're welcome. Yes we did I hope you had a nice Easter weekend aswell. I'm not looking forward to going back as I've got exams to prepare for and aswell want more time off 

I'm glad to hear you had a nice Easter Weekend. I did, too. Thanks so much for asking. It was really sunny and warm where I live, which made a big difference 🌞

I didn't realise you have exams to prepare for. I get why you're not looking forward to going back and would rather have more time off. Have you had to do some revision over the holidays or do you have enough time once you go back to college to prepare for the exams? 

Staff-Account.png

16 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear you had a nice Easter Weekend. I did, too. Thanks so much for asking. It was really sunny and warm where I live, which made a big difference 🌞

I didn't realise you have exams to prepare for. I get why you're not looking forward to going back and would rather have more time off. Have you had to do some revision over the holidays or do you have enough time once you go back to college to prepare for the exams? 

You're welcome it's sunny and warm where I am aswell.  I have enough time to do revision as I haven't had anytime to do extra revision but I am looking forward to seeing my friends 

• Digital Mentor
11 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

You're welcome it's sunny and warm where I am aswell.  I have enough time to do revision as I haven't had anytime to do extra revision but I am looking forward to seeing my friends 

That's good - I find I'm always in a better mood when the sun is out. What about you? 

That's nice that you're looking forward to seeing your friends again. When do you go back to college? 

Staff-Account.png

45 minutes ago, Aurora said:

14 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's good - I find I'm always in a better mood when the sun is out. What about you? 

That's nice that you're looking forward to seeing your friends again. When do you go back to college? 

Yeah I find that aswell and have more energy when it's sunny. I go back to sixth-form on Tuesday next week which I don't mind as we just have a 4 day week when we go back which will be nice

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I find that aswell and have more energy when it's sunny. I go back to sixth-form on Tuesday next week which I don't mind as we just have a 4 day week when we go back which will be nice

That's good that you start off with a 4 day week. It's nice to ease back and have a short week. Have you got anything nice planned for this weekend? 

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's good that you start off with a 4 day week. It's nice to ease back and have a short week. Have you got anything nice planned for this weekend? 

I have um going town tomorrow with my mum and Sunday just resting and Monday were going food shopping. Yes it is it will also be nice witha short week 

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I have um going town tomorrow with my mum and Sunday just resting and Monday were going food shopping. Yes it is it will also be nice witha short week 

Sounds like a nice, chilled weekend. Hopefully it will stay sunny 🌞 How is your Mum doing? I hope she is feeling better

Staff-Account.png

On 4/12/2024 at 2:34 PM, Aurora said:

Sounds like a nice, chilled weekend. Hopefully it will stay sunny 🌞 How is your Mum doing? I hope she is feeling better

My mum is a lot better now. Well luckily it did stay sunny yep it was gad test day back at sixth-form it was good but tiring 

• Digital Mentor
On 4/16/2024 at 10:41 PM, Treacle 246 said:

My mum is a lot better now. Well luckily it did stay sunny yep it was gad test day back at sixth-form it was good but tiring 

I'm glad to hear your mom is a lot better! 

That's great that you had a good first day back. I can imagine that it was tiring though. Was there anything that you particularly enjoyed about being back?

Staff-Account.png

15 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear your mom is a lot better! 

That's great that you had a good first day back. I can imagine that it was tiring though. Was there anything that you particularly enjoyed about being back?

Yes it was tiring just seeing friends and some teachers. I did have a meeting with welfare manager about my sister who keeps trying to get in contact with me and she has had a baby so I don't know how I feel about it 

• Digital Mentor
8 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes it was tiring just seeing friends and some teachers. I did have a meeting with welfare manager about my sister who keeps trying to get in contact with me and she has had a baby so I don't know how I feel about it 

I can remember you telling me about your sister and her baby a while back. I didn't realise she is still trying to get in touch. That must be stressful for you. Did it help to speak to your welfare manager about it? 

Staff-Account.png

14 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I can remember you telling me about your sister and her baby a while back. I didn't realise she is still trying to get in touch. That must be stressful for you. Did it help to speak to your welfare manager about it? 

Yes it did help talking to her yeah it is stressful 

• Digital Mentor
30 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes it did help talking to her yeah it is stressful 

That's good, Do you know, what you're going to do if she contacts you again? 

I can imagine it must be really stressful for you. Is there anything that helps you feel a bit calmer, when this happens? 

Staff-Account.png

26 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's good, Do you know, what you're going to do if she contacts you again? 

I can imagine it must be really stressful for you. Is there anything that helps you feel a bit calmer, when this happens? 

Like I usually do is block her. Usually colouring, reading, journaling 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Like I usually do is block her. Usually colouring, reading, journaling 

That's good that you give yourself permission to block her. That can sometimes be a really difficult thing to do. Do you know how she manages to get back in touch with you, after you have blocked her? 

I can see why colouring, reading and journaling help you to take your mind of things. Is there anything else that you can think of? 

Just to let you know that I have to log off in a minute but I will be back online tomorrow.  

Staff-Account.png