This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle    

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's nice! I hope you enjoyed it and you got plenty of rest. How have you been feeling this week? 

To be honest it's been a real struggle to get through this week there's just been alot going on and my mental health is really decreasing where I just feel like crying all the time I cried for 2 hours last night due to something that happened 

• Digital Mentor
34 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

To be honest it's been a real struggle to get through this week there's just been alot going on and my mental health is really decreasing where I just feel like crying all the time I cried for 2 hours last night due to something that happened 

I'm so sorry to hear that, I get the feeling that things have been really up and down for you recently. Have you spoken to your welfare manager or your counsellor or someone else about what happened? I get the impression that it usually helps you when you speak to someone you trust about what's been going on for you. Is that right? 

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, I get the feeling that things have been really up and down for you recently. Have you spoken to your welfare manager or your counsellor or someone else about what happened? I get the impression that it usually helps you when you speak to someone you trust about what's been going on for you. Is that right? 

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

I haven't been able to speak to anyone about this because I just can't really get my words out but due to the thing that happened last night my mum phoned up and asked my welfare manager to see me and she is seeing me but it's only for 10 minutes 

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I haven't been able to speak to anyone about this because I just can't really get my words out but due to the thing that happened last night my mum phoned up and asked my welfare manager to see me and she is seeing me but it's only for 10 minutes 

That's good that she will be seeing you. I get the impression that she cares about you a lot. If you are worried that you can't get your words out when you get to speak to her, maybe you could write her a note and show it to her instead? Sometimes we find it easier to write things down, rather than saying them out loud. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

I have to log off now but will check in with you tomorrow 🫂. Hope your meeting with your welfare manager goes well and you can talk to her about what happened. 

Staff-Account.png

23 hours ago, Aurora said:

I have to log off now but will check in with you tomorrow 🫂. Hope your meeting with your welfare manager goes well and you can talk to her about what happened. 

I talked to her yesterday the meeting was half an hour long and she thinks that my mental health is getting bad again I managed to tell my mum and she is also going to support me to get through this 

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Treacle 246 said:

I talked to her yesterday the meeting was half an hour long and she thinks that my mental health is getting bad again I managed to tell my mum and she is also going to support me to get through this 

I'm glad to hear that she took the time to talk to you yesterday. It sounds like you needed someone to be there for you. And it's really good to hear that your mum is also there for you. Have you talked about any additional support you might be able to get while you're feeling like this?

How do you feel now, that you've opened up to your welfare officer and your mum? Please know that we are also here for you 🫂

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear that she took the time to talk to you yesterday. It sounds like you needed someone to be there for you. And it's really good to hear that your mum is also there for you. Have you talked about any additional support you might be able to get while you're feeling like this?

How do you feel now, that you've opened up to your welfare officer and your mum? Please know that we are also here for you 🫂

Yes I did really need to talk to her. There's not much they can do since I'm 17 and its a struggle to get help but I'm still doing my counselling till probably the end of February. I feel better like I felt I had enough energy to get through today and felt really positive even thought I was really tired from working late last night. Thank you ❤️

• Digital Mentor
On 1/26/2024 at 5:27 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Yes I did really need to talk to her. There's not much they can do since I'm 17 and its a struggle to get help but I'm still doing my counselling till probably the end of February. I feel better like I felt I had enough energy to get through today and felt really positive even thought I was really tired from working late last night. Thank you ❤️

That's great that you've been feeling a bit better and that you had more energy, too 😀 Can you think of anything that made a difference? How was your weekend? 

Staff-Account.png

21 hours ago, Aurora said:

That's great that you've been feeling a bit better and that you had more energy, too 😀 Can you think of anything that made a difference? How was your weekend? 

Not really to be honest. But I finish my counselling after half term so that doesn't really help I've also had an argument with one of my friends who just keeps talking about taking drugs and being high on drugs and I had told them to stop so I just left the chat. After I left the chat I was talking to my mum and I felt an edge to just selfharm but I didn't and I managed to tell my welfare manager about it this was over the weekend and also had another argument with them with two other people couldn’t deal with it so I just left and messaged one of my closest friend that I know that I can trust and talk to. It helped talking to her but I did get the urge to selfharm again but I just ignored it and carried on talking to 2 close friends. 

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Not really to be honest. But I finish my counselling after half term so that doesn't really help I've also had an argument with one of my friends who just keeps talking about taking drugs and being high on drugs and I had told them to stop so I just left the chat. After I left the chat I was talking to my mum and I felt an edge to just selfharm but I didn't and I managed to tell my welfare manager about it this was over the weekend and also had another argument with them with two other people couldn’t deal with it so I just left and messaged one of my closest friend that I know that I can trust and talk to. It helped talking to her but I did get the urge to selfharm again but I just ignored it and carried on talking to 2 close friends. 

Hi @Treacle 246 you've done so well! I think you can be really proud of yourself!! It sounds like you were looking after yourself and your own wellbeing by leaving the chat and you managed to find another way to cope (rather than self harm) not once but twice! That's really great!

From what you've been telling me, talking to someone and ignoring the urge seems to work. Is that right? Is there anything else that you have found helpful over the last few days? 

Staff-Account.png

6 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246 you've done so well! I think you can be really proud of yourself!! It sounds like you were looking after yourself and your own wellbeing by leaving the chat and you managed to find another way to cope (rather than self harm) not once but twice! That's really great!

From what you've been telling me, talking to someone and ignoring the urge seems to work. Is that right? Is there anything else that you have found helpful over the last few days? 

It's just talking to my welfare manager and it's helping. Yep it has helped and talking to friends has really helped aswell. I did get like 5 urges to selfharm yesterday because the person I'm not friends with any more had got 2 of my friends and they all had a go at me and I just called 2 of my really close friends and they helped made me laugh and feel better.

• Digital Mentor
43 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

It's just talking to my welfare manager and it's helping. Yep it has helped and talking to friends has really helped aswell. I did get like 5 urges to selfharm yesterday because the person I'm not friends with any more had got 2 of my friends and they all had a go at me and I just called 2 of my really close friends and they helped made me laugh and feel better.

That's amazing that you managed to cope with it all so well. You've got this, Treacle!!

It's really tough having friendship problems and I'm sorry to hear that they were all having a go at you. That's not on and sounds like a really nasty thing to do. I think this just shows that you made the right decision to not be friends with her anymore! Would you agree?

I'm glad your other friends cheered you up. They sound like lovely friends to have and it's nice that they knew how to make you feel better. 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in with you and see how things have been for you this week? We're here for you if you want to talk about anything

Staff-Account.png

9 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in with you and see how things have been for you this week? We're here for you if you want to talk about anything

Hi Aurora sorry only got back home from work.

But that just I haven't been doing so good it's been really difficult and hard with my mental health lately my mental health there's just been a lot going on and I'm just feeling overwhelmed alot 

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora sorry only got back home from work.

But that just I haven't been doing so good it's been really difficult and hard with my mental health lately my mental health there's just been a lot going on and I'm just feeling overwhelmed alot 

Hi @Treacle 246 it does sound like you've had lots going on and it's natural that you're feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. It's good though that you notice when you're struggling and I know that you have some support around you. Can I ask, is there anyway you can extend the school counselling once it comes to an end after half term? If not, do you think you would like to look into finding a different counselling service? Maybe your welfare officer could help you with this. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246 it does sound like you've had lots going on and it's natural that you're feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all. It's good though that you notice when you're struggling and I know that you have some support around you. Can I ask, is there anyway you can extend the school counselling once it comes to an end after half term? If not, do you think you would like to look into finding a different counselling service? Maybe your welfare officer could help you with this. What do you think? 

I don't know but I'm having meetings every week with my welfare manager and my head of year to see if there is any help the can offer me. But I think there might be a way to do more counselling sessions but I'm going to have to be on the waiting list 

• Digital Mentor
Just now, Treacle 246 said:

I don't know but I'm having meetings every week with my welfare manager and my head of year to see if there is any help the can offer me. But I think there might be a way to do more counselling sessions but I'm going to have to be on the waiting list 

Ah ok. It sounds like you'll still get support from your welfare manager and your head of year though while you are on the waiting list. Is that right? Do you know how long you would have to wait for?

Has your counsellor given you any practical tips what you can do while you are struggling with your mental health? Is there anything that's particularly helpful? I can remember you mentioning before that you were going running every day and that this was helping you to clear your mind. Is that still something you do? 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Ah ok. It sounds like you'll still get support from your welfare manager and your head of year though while you are on the waiting list. Is that right? Do you know how long you would have to wait for?

Has your counsellor given you any practical tips what you can do while you are struggling with your mental health? Is there anything that's particularly helpful? I can remember you mentioning before that you were going running every day and that this was helping you to clear your mind. Is that still something you do? 

Yes that is correct I think its a couple of months I don't really know to be honest. Yes she has and it does help. I still do mentoring and it does help me to distract myself from the worries I don't do running any more my doctors told me not to 

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes that is correct I think its a couple of months I don't really know to be honest. Yes she has and it does help. I still do mentoring and it does help me to distract myself from the worries I don't do running any more my doctors told me not to 

I can remember you saying. I didn't know that this was a long term thing. Are you allowed to do any other exercise? 

That's good that you have tools you can use to help you. You also mentioned that talking to your friends usually helps, too. Is that right? 

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

I can remember you saying. I didn't know that this was a long term thing. Are you allowed to do any other exercise? 

That's good that you have tools you can use to help you. You also mentioned that talking to your friends usually helps, too. Is that right? 

I'm allowed to do walking im not allowed to stand up for a long time its because they think there is something wrong with my kidney and yes I do love talking to them they help a lot aswell

• Digital Mentor
Just now, Treacle 246 said:

I'm allowed to do walking im not allowed to stand up for a long time its because they think there is something wrong with my kidney and yes I do love talking to them they help a lot aswell

That's nice to hear that they help a lot. Please know that you have lots of support around you and we all care about you ❤️

Sorry to hear that they thing that you have kidney problems. Are they going to do some more tests, so they know exactly what it is? 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

That's nice to hear that they help a lot. Please know that you have lots of support around you and we all care about you ❤️

Sorry to hear that they thing that you have kidney problems. Are they going to do some more tests, so they know exactly what it is? 

Yes I have to blood tests for 3 months I have one next week. Yes it is thank you. 

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes I have to blood tests for 3 months I have one next week. Yes it is thank you. 

Hopefully, you'll find out soon what it is and hopefully it's easily treated. If you like and you want to talk about it, you can let me know what they find out (but please don't feel you have to). 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Hopefully, you'll find out soon what it is and hopefully it's easily treated. If you like and you want to talk about it, you can let me know what they find out (but please don't feel you have to). 

Yeah I really do want to know what is wrong with it. I don't know it pending on if its bad or its just an easy thing to fix.