This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm, Suicide

Bullying

Treacle ย  ย 

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246, thanks for being so open about everything that's going on for you. I'm sorry the counselling meeting didn't go so well today. You mentioned before that you find it difficult to talk about your mental health and also the experiences you've had in the past with the bullying. Does your counsellor know, that you find it difficult to talk about these things? Was there anything that you found helpful during your session today?ย 

I'm glad to hear your weekend was OK.ย 

Yeah she knows that I find it difficult to talk about mental helath

ย Not really it was just difficult and i broke down after my counselling meeting in the library.ย 

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah she knows that I find it difficult to talk about mental helath

ย Not really it was just difficult and i broke down after my counselling meeting in the library.ย 

I'm sorry. I would imagine that that was probably quite stressful for you. Did you have any support around you when this happened? It can be really difficult to talk about these things. Sometimes we feel worse straight after talking about our mental health but then, once we have given ourselves a bit of time to process everything we talked about we'll feel better than we did before. Is that something you've noticed before?ย 

I'm going to have to log off soon but I will be back online on Thursday and I will check in with you then. In the meantime you can also talk to one of the other support mentors if you like. We're here for youย ๐Ÿซ‚ย 

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry. I would imagine that that was probably quite stressful for you. Did you have any support around you when this happened? It can be really difficult to talk about these things. Sometimes we feel worse straight after talking about our mental health but then, once we have given ourselves a bit of time to process everything we talked about we'll feel better than we did before. Is that something you've noticed before?ย 

I'm going to have to log off soon but I will be back online on Thursday and I will check in with you then. In the meantime you can also talk to one of the other support mentors if you like. We're here for youย ๐Ÿซ‚ย 

Yeah I had the librarian to talk to her about it. Yeah I noticed that I'm alright now. Thank you talk to you Thursdayย 

• Digital Mentor
On 11/14/2023 at 12:29 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah I had the librarian to talk to her about it. Yeah I noticed that I'm alright now. Thank you talk to you Thursdayย 

I'm glad the librarian was there. I think she has supported you before when you've been upset. Is that right?ย 

How are you feeling now, now that a few days have passed since that counselling session?ย 

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad the librarian was there. I think she has supported you before when you've been upset. Is that right?ย 

How are you feeling now, now that a few days have passed since that counselling session?ย 

Yes she has. I'm alright I'm still experiencing some of the flashbacks but not as many. It's gone down to 1-2 a day.ย 

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes she has. I'm alright I'm still experiencing some of the flashbacks but not as many. It's gone down to 1-2 a day.ย 

That's a good sign that they are decreasing. Maybe talking about it with your counsellor is helping you to process some of the things that have happened to you. What do you think?ย 

Also, can I just check with you, has the bullying stopped completely?ย 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

That's a good sign that they are decreasing. Maybe talking about it with your counsellor is helping you to process some of the things that have happened to you. What do you think?ย 

Also, can I just check with you, has the bullying stopped completely?ย 

I think the counselling has helped me process things and also talking to welfare has really helped alot aswell. Yes the bullying has stopped completely now.ย 

• Digital Mentor
Just now, Treacle 246 said:

I think the counselling has helped me process things and also talking to welfare has really helped alot aswell. Yes the bullying has stopped completely now.ย 

I'm really glad to hear that it has stopped completely. It would be very difficult to move on from something if it's still going on, which is why I wanted t9 check and make sure that it's completely stopped.ย 

That's great that the counselling and talking to welfare has helped you a lot as well. You're a very special person @Treacle 246ย and you've been through a lot. It sounds like over the last few months you've finally been getting the support and help at school that you need and deserveย โค๏ธ

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

I'm really glad to hear that it has stopped completely. It would be very difficult to move on from something if it's still going on, which is why I wanted t9 check and make sure that it's completely stopped.ย 

That's great that the counselling and talking to welfare has helped you a lot as well. You're a very special person @Treacle 246ย and you've been through a lot. It sounds like over the last few months you've finally been getting the support and help at school that you need and deserveย โค๏ธ

Yeah it would be difficult if the bullying was still going on. Aww thank you. I have been through so much. Yes I have been getting alot more support this year. Awe thank you.ย 

• Digital Mentor
22 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah it would be difficult if the bullying was still going on. Aww thank you. I have been through so much. Yes I have been getting alot more support this year. Awe thank you.ย 

Of course. You're a very kind and thoughtful person and I'm really impressed how you keep bouncing back! We're also always here for you if you need usย ๐Ÿ™‚

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Of course. You're a very kind and thoughtful person and I'm really impressed how you keep bouncing back! We're also always here for you if you need usย ๐Ÿ™‚

Aww thank you that's so sweet of you to say. I'm also impressed that I've gotten through all the tough times again. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 11/16/2023 at 12:00 PM, Treacle 246 said:

Aww thank you that's so sweet of you to say. I'm also impressed that I've gotten through all the tough times again. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

HI @Treacle 246, I just wanted to check in and see how you've been doing this week? We're here for you if you want to talk about anything

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
10 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Ive bene doing a bit better but still not 100% there yet. Thank youย 

I'm glad to hear you're doing better? Can I ask, what are the signs that are telling you that you are doing better? As always, please don't feel you have to share if you don't feel comfortable too.ย 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear you're doing better? Can I ask, what are the signs that are telling you that you are doing better? As always, please don't feel you have to share if you don't feel comfortable too.ย 

I don't really know I just feel like I'm better I'm more happy and just feel better in myself.ย 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
39 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

I don't really know I just feel like I'm better I'm more happy and just feel better in myself.ย 

That's really nice to hearย ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

41 minutes ago, omni said:

try stepping away go on a trip with your parentsย 

On 11/23/2023 at 9:21 AM, Aurora said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 11/23/2023 at 10:07 AM, Aurora said:

That's really nice to hearย ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

ย 

ย 

41 minutes ago, omni said:

try stepping away go on a trip with your parentsย Flying Music Video GIF

I wish could but I can't my mum's not very well and I have work and in full time education.

ย 

• Sad 1

• Digital Mentor
On 11/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, Treacle 246 said:

Yeah it is ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi @Treacle 246ย How are you? Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing?ย 

Staff-Account.png

On 11/28/2023 at 11:24 AM, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246ย How are you? Just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing?ย 

Hi Aurora I'm not doing great at all right now I'm feeling mentally drained and just feel like I can't cope anymoreย 

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Treacle 246 said:

Hi Aurora I'm not doing great at all right now I'm feeling mentally drained and just feel like I can't cope anymoreย 

Hi @Treacle 246, thanks for reaching out. I really appreciate you telling me how you are feeling. Has anything triggered this do you think? And can you think of anything that usually helps you when you are feeling mentally drained?ย 

Please know that you're not alone and we're here for you.ย 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Treacle 246, thanks for reaching out. I really appreciate you telling me how you are feeling. Has anything triggered this do you think? And can you think of anything that usually helps you when you are feeling mentally drained?ย 

Please know that you're not alone and we're here for you.ย 

Yes, I do Youth work in sixthform and there are alot of difficult topics that needs to be covered and it's starting to affect my mental health. I don't know I was talking to my welfare manager and she is thinking of ways that can help me when I'm starting to feel mentally drained. I've had 3 meetings with her this week and it's helped me calm down and I know that I can trust her.ย 

ย 

Thank youย 

• Digital Mentor
41 minutes ago, Treacle 246 said:

Yes, I do Youth work in sixthform and there are alot of difficult topics that needs to be covered and it's starting to affect my mental health. I don't know I was talking to my welfare manager and she is thinking of ways that can help me when I'm starting to feel mentally drained. I've had 3 meetings with her this week and it's helped me calm down and I know that I can trust her.ย 

Thank youย 

I can imagine that the difficult topics are taking a toll on your mental health. Have you mentioned this to your youth workย  teacher at all? They might be able to give you a bit of extra support.ย 

That's really good that you are seeing your welfare manager regularly and that it's helping you calm down. It's so important that you trust her, too. I would imagine that makes it much easier to talk to her. Is that right?ย ย 

Is there anything at all that you do at home to help you relax and switch off?

Staff-Account.png