How do I know I am bisexual?

Bunz06    

I have been questioning myself for a long time already, but I have always tried to ignore because I thought I might not really be into others. But I don't underatand my feelings anymore and I question myself whether I like girls also or not. I know I am into boys, but I don't know how I feel about girls, I am not discomoforted nor bothered by the idea of kissing or going out with a girl. I mean, I might kinda like it? But I'm not sure whether how I feel is true or not.

• Like 1

Maybe talk about this with someone in the family? I'm not saying that no one else can help you but maybe a family member can give you some advice?

• Ditch the Label Staff
1 hour ago, Bunz06 said:

I have been questioning myself for a long time already, but I have always tried to ignore because I thought I might not really be into others. But I don't underatand my feelings anymore and I question myself whether I like girls also or not. I know I am into boys, but I don't know how I feel about girls, I am not discomoforted nor bothered by the idea of kissing or going out with a girl. I mean, I might kinda like it? But I'm not sure whether how I feel is true or not.

Hi there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I'm glad you found us! 

It's really usual to explore how you feel and it's also great be open to dating guys / girls. There's absolutely no rush to figure this out. Have you ever dated anyone before? 

Staff-Account.png

19 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hi there, I'm Blondie, one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I'm glad you found us! 

It's really usual to explore how you feel and it's also great be open to dating guys / girls. There's absolutely no rush to figure this out. Have you ever dated anyone before? 

Yeah, that's true. I have dated before but only men. But recently when I entered high school I had this thoughts in my head about some girls that looked pretty and I felt like kissing one yesterday. But then later there's some guy in my classroom as well that it's good looking, but I don't feel emotionally connected to neither of both, or at least not yet

• Digital Mentor
25 minutes ago, Bunz06 said:

Yeah, that's true. I have dated before but only men. But recently when I entered high school I had this thoughts in my head about some girls that looked pretty and I felt like kissing one yesterday. But then later there's some guy in my classroom as well that it's good looking, but I don't feel emotionally connected to neither of both, or at least not yet

Hi @Bunz06, I'm Aurora, one of the other support mentors here. I hope you don't mind me jumping in. It's great that you're ready to explore your feelings and no longer want to ignore them. Like @Blondiesaid there is no rush and no pressure to figure out your sexuality straight away. I think in time, you'll get the answer you're looking for.  What do you think? And it sounds to me like the emotional connection to someone is really important to you. Is that right?

Staff-Account.png

16 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Bunz06, I'm Aurora, one of the other support mentors here. I hope you don't mind me jumping in. It's great that you're ready to explore your feelings and no longer want to ignore them. Like @Blondiesaid there is no rush and no pressure to figure out your sexuality straight away. I think in time, you'll get the answer you're looking for.  What do you think? And it sounds to me like the emotional connection to someone is really important to you. Is that right?

Yeah, you're right. Thank you :) I have been for two years trying to figure out who I am, and I hope I am close to this point. Yes, the emotional connection is very important to me, I prefer to get to the intimacy once I know my partner is the right for me

• Digital Mentor
13 minutes ago, Bunz06 said:

Yeah, you're right. Thank you :) I have been for two years trying to figure out who I am, and I hope I am close to this point. Yes, the emotional connection is very important to me, I prefer to get to the intimacy once I know my partner is the right for me

That makes sense. If we have an emotional connection to someone it can also help us to feel more safe and secure and we share that intimacy with them. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

35 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That makes sense. If we have an emotional connection to someone it can also help us to feel more safe and secure and we share that intimacy with them. What do you think? 

I think you're right, thank you :)

Welcome to the forum, @Bunz06 I hope you get and receive the support you deserve! Everyone here are lovely, so you'll fit in perfectly! 

Leila 

Hey there, @Bunz06!

Welcome to DTL community!

As bisexual myself I just want to remind you that sexuality and romantic attraction van be different. So, can you tell about your experience with both? Maybe I will be able to share something that will help you in your self-discovery :) 

• Pride 1

3 hours ago, Leilaaaa said:

Welcome to the forum, @Bunz06 I hope you get and receive the support you deserve! Everyone here are lovely, so you'll fit in perfectly! 

Leila 

Thank you very much! ^^

3 hours ago, Alpha9th said:

Hey there, @Bunz06!

Welcome to DTL community!

As bisexual myself I just want to remind you that sexuality and romantic attraction van be different. So, can you tell about your experience with both? Maybe I will be able to share something that will help you in your self-discovery :) 

Well, I can't tell you that I have experience in general since I have never dates someone of my same gender :,) But I do know that bisexual is for those with a sexual attraction and biromantic is having a romantic attraction, but not sexual? Though I thought bisexual could be for both in some cases :,)

25 minutes ago, Bunz06 said:

Thank you very much! ^^

Always here for everyone, so If you need someone to talk to feel free to engage with me here on the forum by tagging me in a post I'll reply and support you :)!

19 hours ago, Bunz06 said:

Well, I can't tell you that I have experience in general since I have never dates someone of my same gender :,) But I do know that bisexual is for those with a sexual attraction and biromantic is having a romantic attraction, but not sexual? Though I thought bisexual could be for both in some cases :,)

Yeah, that's true. Bisexuality and biromancy can be in one case. Or only one of them.

I asked more about your experience with your feelings. Sexual attraction or romantic.

• Like 1