How do you know if your bisexual?

Lately I’ve been doubting my sexuality. I kind of find girls very attractive and not so much guys to be honest. But obviously there’s a few things about Guys that I find attractive. I’ve dated a guy before. And I’ve never dated a girl before. To be honest I’ve never even kissed a girl before. But I still have these feelings which are kind of confusing to be honest. Part of me is hoping these confusing feeling will go away. But another part of me feels like it might not go away anytime soon. And I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t know anyone who’s gay or lesbian or anyone from the lgbtq+ community   that I can ask for advice. And I don’t want to just kiss a girl just for the sake of kissing a girl. If I one day i do kiss a girl I would want to like her and hopefully she would like me back before that kiss to occur. Guess what I’m wondering is how do you know for sure if you are bisexual? 

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Flower said:

Lately I’ve been doubting my sexuality. I kind of find girls very attractive and not so much guys to be honest. But obviously there’s a few things about Guys that I find attractive. I’ve dated a guy before. And I’ve never dated a girl before. To be honest I’ve never even kissed a girl before. But I still have these feelings which are kind of confusing to be honest. Part of me is hoping these confusing feeling will go away. But another part of me feels like it might not go away anytime soon. And I’m not sure what to do now. I don’t know anyone who’s gay or lesbian or anyone from the lgbtq+ community   that I can ask for advice. And I don’t want to just kiss a girl just for the sake of kissing a girl. If I one day i do kiss a girl I would want to like her and hopefully she would like me back before that kiss to occur. Guess what I’m wondering is how do you know for sure if you are bisexual? 

Hey,

Welcome :)

I'm a digital mentor here and that means I give advice to our community members. I think that for some people, they just know their sexuality from an early age and don't have to explore, but for others, it can be quite confusing. I think that the best way to figure it out is to try new experiences and also speak to people from the LGBTQ+ community about their own journey and see if they have advice. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

13 hours ago, Flower said:

Hey!!

I wanted to let you know its okay to doubt your sexuality at times. Also, I'm lesbian so like if you need any advice you could ask me literally anything. Just curious, why do you want these feelings to go away? Also, I get what you mean about the kissing girl thing- I mean I think that's totally fine if your exploring your sexuality, you don't have to kiss a girl to know your attracted to them though. I mean, if your bi that's totally cool and I think if that label stresses you out, then don't worry, you don't have to label yourself, your sexuality is up to you to decide, hopefully that all made sense, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for saying that. I’m sorry I took so long to reply back. Life has been busy. But I mostly want the feelings to go away because I know my parents would never approve. 

If I’m honest to myself I know I’m attracted to girls and guys. I don’t need to kiss a girl to know that. But knowing that doesn’t change how much I wish I didn’t feel that way. 

• Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, Flower said:

Thanks for saying that. I’m sorry I took so long to reply back. Life has been busy. But I mostly want the feelings to go away because I know my parents would never approve. 

If I’m honest to myself I know I’m attracted to girls and guys. I don’t need to kiss a girl to know that. But knowing that doesn’t change how much I wish I didn’t feel that way. 

Hey there,

It's okay and there's absolutely no need to apologise. It's perfectly normal to want these feelings to go away when you first realise them, and this can happy for many reasons including a sense of shame and being in an unaccepting environment. However, over time, as you begin to live more and more authentically, these feelings often transform into pride. What do you think?

Also, I'm wondering, can you tell me more about how you know your parents would never approve? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e