The Realisation Part 1.

DaisyPrice Β  Β 

Have you ever pretended to be straight so you would fit in?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever pretended to be straight so you would fit in?

• I've never pretended to be straight, lgbtqia+ all my life baby!!
    • I have pretended to be straight and I wasn't very good at it, it feels so good to be out of the closet
    • I am still pretending to be straight
    • I am straight

In year 6 the word gay was taboo, it was whispered like it was dirty, a naughty word that should not be repeated. It didn't help that our teacher taught us nothing about sexuality, I thought that something was wrong with me every time I stared at that one girl in my class. I was finally in the popular crowd though, after moving schools and being bullied, I was finally one of those girls that everyone wishes to be. I wasn't bad looking and I was often told of guys that liked me, which was very flattering, especially when you're at a young age.Β  At the end of year 6 one of my 'friends' was pestering me so muchΒ  about who did I have a crush on that I just randomly blurted out the name of a guy in our class. Now looking back at my class photo I can see he wasn't year 6 fantasy material. Still to this day, 4 years later, I am teased. It's funny though, I laugh about it with my friends.Β 

If you would like to hear more stories about my realisation that I am indeed not straight, comment and I will post one tomorrow night about year 7.

Reply toΒ @Monsoon

I am not out to my parents or friends officially, but I do think that my friends are aware as I am not very good at being 'straight'. I am quite scared to come out to my dad as he is quite homophobic and he's a bit of a dick.

Hey. It's interesting that you think your friends are aware - can you tell me more about that? Also, how come you've described your dad as a dick?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e