This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Hate, Death, Suicide, Other

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say.

_Kai_    
Harper
Message added by Harper,

Please keep this thread to support-based messages. 

On 12/2/2021 at 2:21 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Welcome :)Tags: B&M Global Solutions reviews, BM global solutions, B&M Global Solutions, Shaivya nautiyal

Can I ask, are you ready to come out? A lot of people feel the pressure to come out when they aren't necessarily ready, and I just want you to know that it's okay to wait and do things at your own pace. What do you think?

Thanks for welcoming

• Like 1

I don't know, they just don't like nor accept those type of people.

8 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I don't know, they just don't like nor accept those type of people.

Hey,

Do you think that might change over time though? Some parents can have a negative reaction at first, but once they've had some time to calm down and process the information, they can often become much more open minded and accepting. What are your thoughts?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Thank you Ellivia ^ w ^. Also they were both raised to think that those type of people are wrong and sinful so just growing up in a household with them since I could remember they always told me that it was wrong to like the same gender, so I don't think they will come around to think that its okay.

5 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Thank you Ellivia ^ w ^. Also they were both raised to think that those type of people are wrong and sinful so just growing up in a household with them since I could remember they always told me that it was wrong to like the same gender, so I don't think they will come around to think that its okay.

You know my parents think the same and I've grown up in a household like that my parents thing that LGBTQ communities are sick and perverted people and imagine what would happen to me if I told them such news they would probably kick me out I rather wait to move out first then tell the know I'm Bisexual I'm only 13 they just would look at me again as they used to before you know is pretty had my parents make very rude jokes about LGBTQ+ people that even hurt me and I have to live with that it's just my parents are back from the days where LGBTQ people where considered mentally unstable people and back then insane people where tortured and that includes LGBTQ people and people back then where raised not all but most people that being gay is sick and mental and I don't want to see what happens if I tell them you know sometimes you have to keep a secret even from your loved ones.

• Like 1

Yeah just for me,its hard to keep secrets especially from my friends and family.My household has been the same way my entire life but once I saw this girl at my old school in 2nd grade and up to now I have just fell in love.So I had to keep it a secret even from my closest and dearest best friend, and it broke my heart but I didn't want to be seen differently or weird so I had too just build it up in my body and ignore it the best I could but it didn't help when I saw her like everyday.

11 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Yeah just for me, its hard to keep secrets especially from my friends and family. My household has been the same way my entire life but once I saw this girl at my old school in 2nd grade and up to now I have just fell in love .So I had to keep it a secret even from my closest and dearest best friend, and it broke my heart but I didn't want to be seen differently or weird so I had too just build it up in my body and ignore it the best I could but it didn't help when I saw her like everyday.

It's nice that you have friends and even a best friend the thing is that it's very hard to maintain a good friendship with me because I Have PTSD and I also suffer from loneliness and loneliness developed into depression and since I have PTSD I don't feel any joy I don't know what that is and plus my family is homophobic you know it's like sitting in a room with no windows and door darkness say so and that room is my life for the past seven years after my mothers death and I just don't feel anything right now that can help me it's been like this for seven year my parents don't know and if I tell them it's not going to go to there heads the right way and especially if I tell them I'm bisexual it's honestly been a rough life and probably the only way to brake the darkness is love and since I don't love myself I don't know what love is  and it doesn't help me that I have to listen to there nonsense everyday about LGBTQ community and it's painful to live like this I just want to find my happiness and I can find it around them I just need to move out before I start my life and it's not easy so far as I said it's like in a room with no light at all and it's been seven years like this I just hope that one day it will all end.

• Pride 1

28 minutes ago, Lonliality said:

It's nice that you have friends and even a best friend the thing is that it's very hard to maintain a good friendship with me because I Have PTSD and I also suffer from loneliness and loneliness developed into depression and since I have PTSD I don't feel any joy I don't know what that is and plus my family is homophobic you know it's like sitting in a room with no windows and door darkness say so and that room is my life for the past seven years after my mothers death and I just don't feel anything right now that can help me it's been like this for seven year my parents don't know and if I tell them it's not going to go to there heads the right way and especially if I tell them I'm bisexual it's honestly been a rough life and probably the only way to brake the darkness is love and since I don't love myself I don't know what love is  and it doesn't help me that I have to listen to there nonsense everyday about LGBTQ community and it's painful to live like this I just want to find my happiness and I can find it around them I just need to move out before I start my life and it's not easy so far as I said it's like in a room with no light at all and it's been seven years like this I just hope that one day it will all end.

Hey there. I just want to let you know that we are here to talk with you and we can have a conversation over private message if you like. Just let us know. 

Thx and yeah and I just had to google what that meant again but I forgot if u mentioned it before but have u came out to anyone? I know it helps to at least tell someone so u don't feel bottled up. Also if u ever feel down or worried then u can always come here and talk to me about it because I am all open ears to peoples situations and usually know how to calm them down or at least make them happy and/or safe. ^ w ^

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lonliality said:

I rather talk in public I rather have XxhelloxX present and she has the a similar problem like me

Okay, sure. From what you've said, it sounds like you've really got a lot to deal with, and I cannot imagine how hard all of this must be for you. However, I just want you to know that we are here to talk things through with you and we're here for you. I'm wondering, which issue is trouble you the most? I find it can be helpful to think about that and then talk through it first, then making our way through. What do you think? Speak soon. 

12 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Thx and yeah and I just had to google what that meant again but I forgot if u mentioned it before but have u came out to anyone? I know it helps to at least tell someone so u don't feel bottled up. Also if u ever feel down or worried then u can always come here and talk to me about it because I am all open ears to peoples situations and usually know how to calm them down or at least make them happy and/or safe. ^ w ^

So today I talked to my parents what they think about LGBTQ people and after what I heard them say I just don't ever want to bring out the topic again it really hurts me what they said and honestly your the only people that I got to talk to and I just want to thank you XxhelloxX & Monsoon for the support your all I got left to talk to about my problem and I so appreciative for hearing me out thank you I will try to clam my self down after what I heard but again thank you XvhelloxX and Monsoon it's been pretty rough almost my whole life you've been very nice to me.

• Thanks 1

Ur welcome I just feel like being rude to people u just met makes urself look bad so again np and I am very sorry for whatever they told u.Also I am now also Poly and Bi but technically u guys r the only people who know it.TwT

11 hours ago, Lonliality said:

So today I talked to my parents what they think about LGBTQ people and after what I heard them say I just don't ever want to bring out the topic again it really hurts me what they said and honestly your the only people that I got to talk to and I just want to thank you XxhelloxX & Monsoon for the support your all I got left to talk to about my problem and I so appreciative for hearing me out thank you I will try to clam my self down after what I heard but again thank you XvhelloxX and Monsoon it's been pretty rough almost my whole life you've been very nice to me.

Hey,

Can you tell me about what they said to you? Also, the support community will always be here to help you through whatever is going on for for you, and you can talk to us at any time.

I don't  know what going on in the world I have been feeling very down for the past few year especially after the virus I have not been able to go to school because in the risk of getting sick I just feel very depressed I woke up today thinking why do I exist for this to suffer I can find love nothing it's literally a room of darkness filled with depression and despair I just want someone who loves me in my life and I can't get it because I can get caught of being gay and I have to move out before I find any of that and I have to still wait 5 1/2 years in order to move out it's just a constant loop of depression and despair I don't know what to do...

I know how u feel, I haven't been to a public school in like 2-3 years and then also my family just moved me out in the middle of the woods so yeah.

Also I know how it feels to question ur existence because I haven't told this to anyone...but I was gonna end it all a couple years ago but I just felt like the world needs me somehow and I just kept/keep going

16 hours ago, Lonliality said:

I don't  know what going on in the world I have been feeling very down for the past few year especially after the virus I have not been able to go to school because in the risk of getting sick I just feel very depressed I woke up today thinking why do I exist for this to suffer I can find love nothing it's literally a room of darkness filled with depression and despair I just want someone who loves me in my life and I can't get it because I can get caught of being gay and I have to move out before I find any of that and I have to still wait 5 1/2 years in order to move out it's just a constant loop of depression and despair I don't know what to do...

Hey.

Thanks for sharing this with me. I can really sense the struggle in what you've just said. I'm wondering, do you see a way out of this? Is there light at the end of the tunnel for you? 

20 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I know how u feel, I haven't been to a public school in like 2-3 years and then also my family just moved me out in the middle of the woods so yeah.

Also I know how it feels to question ur existence because I haven't told this to anyone...but I was gonna end it all a couple years ago but I just felt like the world needs me somehow and I just kept/keep going

You know for the past few months I really wanted a boyfriend but i'm taking a big risk if I do because they are already high suspicious of me talking to you and imagine if I would get a boyfriend I have to wait another 5-6 year to get the hell out of here I honestly don't want to live like this anymore.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lonliality said:

You know for the past few months I really wanted a boyfriend but i'm taking a big risk if I do because they are already high suspicious of me talking to you and imagine if I would get a boyfriend I have to wait another 5-6 year to get the hell out of here I honestly don't want to live like this anymore.

Hey there,

Are you feeling alright? I just saw what you said about not wanting to live like this anymore, and I might be being overly cautious here, but I'm wondering, are you thinking of ending it all? If you are, remember, it really is okay to be open about this, and we will help you to stay safe in whatever way we can. Take care and speak soon.

Alright well nvm, and my parents don't even know that I use this cuz I do the talking at night when there asleep TwT. Also I know how u feel about wanting to get outta a toxic household cuz I want to move across the country when I'm 18 and travel but my dad is trying to force me to stay.

8 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Alright well nvm, and my parents don't even know that I use this cuz I do the talking at night when there asleep TwT. Also I know how u feel about wanting to get outta a toxic household cuz I want to move across the country when I'm 18 and travel but my dad is trying to force me to stay.

It's not about that I don't love my family it's that there homophobic that's the reason I don't want to live like this anymore but there my parents I love them as a family member and they are all I have left after my mother and it's hard to just leave but I just want to live my life and I can't do that around them that's why a I want to leave it's painful, but what more painful is that they're homophobic and I want to leave and live my life.

• Like 1

Yeah I know how u feel again cuz I know its gonna be really painful to leave my family when I move out cuz I love them but its just way too toxic in my household so I also can't wait cuz I get to live my life like any other proud and free individual.Also I met a wonderful girl on roblox, well we started texting and we are now together and honestly if we last till I'm 18 then I am flying down to Texas to spend the rest of my life with her cuz she's really an amazing,smart,and just gorgeous person.

And yes we have gone on a couple video calls and have gotten to know each other <3

7 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Yeah I know how u feel again cuz I know its gonna be really painful to leave my family when I move out cuz I love them but its just way too toxic in my household so I also can't wait cuz I get to live my life like any other proud and free individual.Also I met a wonderful girl on roblox, well we started texting and we are now together and honestly if we last till I'm 18 then I am flying down to Texas to spend the rest of my life with her cuz she's really an amazing,smart,and just gorgeous person.

And yes we have gone on a couple video calls and have gotten to know each other <3

Hey,

I just thought I’d congratulate you on your meeting relationship - so exciting! Can you tell us more about her? What’s her personality like? Are you the same age? What are her interests? How lovely :)