This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Hate, Death, Suicide, Other

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say.

_Kai_ Β  Β 
Harper
Message added by Harper,

Please keep this thread to support-based messages.Β 

Same. I just don't feel alone in this world anymore. Like I have people I can talk to and trust that I know won't say hurtful things or make me feel or sad and gloomy.

• Like 3
  • Pride 1

20 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Ya I just feel like I can finally be myself with my friends

Hey there,

Yeah, that must be such a lovely feeling. I'm wondering, what do you do differently now when you're with them? How would you describe the real you? :)Β 

• Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

The real me..hmmm..I just feel like I could tell them anything and they wouldn't judge me.

I don't really know how to describe the real me because I'm still trying to find out who that is too.

• Like 1

Yeah exactly! :>Β  :^

8 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

The real me..hmmm..I just feel like I could tell them anything and they wouldn't judge me.

I don't really know how to describe the real me because I'm still trying to find out who that is too.

Hey there,

That's okay - maybe it was a difficult question I asked!Β I'm glad that you feel like you could tell them anything and it be judgement-free - you must feel so supported by them. How is everything else going for you at the moment?

It is going okay I am just dealing with a bunch of stress trying to get all my grades up, and my parents keep fighting but I just put music on in my headphones and that makes my day a whole lot better. :)

9 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

It is going okay I am just dealing with a bunch of stress trying to get all my grades up, and my parents keep fighting but I just put music on in my headphones and that makes my day a whole lot better. :)

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the stress and your parents fighting. Would you like to talk about it?Β 

Yeah, so my dad when he gets drunk he talks about breaking up with my mom and then he also talks about suicide..but I don't think that he would ever do that.

2 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Yeah, so my dad when he gets drunk he talks about breaking up with my mom and then he also talks about suicide..but I don't think that he would ever do that.

Hey there,

That must be so tough for you to hear. How does it make you feel when he says things like that? Also, can I ask, do you know if he is getting any support at the moment for his mental health?Β 

6 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

that's really scary

I know right! Also he doesn't want to get any like therapy or any help for his mental health, and I just feel like my world would cave in if he did that so it makes me think alot at night so its make me a bit scared for the future and I just get all like gloomy.

10 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I know right! Also he doesn't want to get any like therapy or any help for his mental health, and I just feel like my world would cave in if he did that so it makes me think alot at night so its make me a bit scared for the future and I just get all like gloomy.

Hey there,

Yeah, it's totally understandable to be scared about the future when someone so close to you is struggling in this way. What thoughts are you having when you're scared? What do you think could happen?

I just think that when he's drunk and angry or sad then he could end it all, also when I blamed for everything then I just get really stressed.

12 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I just think that when he's drunk and angry or sad then he could end it all, also when I blamed for everything then I just get really stressed.

Hey there,

Can you tell me more about what happened when they blame you for everything? Also, yeah, I can imagine you're constantly in fear which must be exhausting for you. How are you coping with all of this? What's helping you?

Honesty its just my music and playing online with my friends. Like I could do something wrong once that wasn't even a big deal and get scolded but my siblings when they do the EXACT same thing a little later then they get a little "oh that's wrong don't do that".

• Like 1

And then when they get in trouble or my parents fight then I get dragged in and blamed for a bunch of stuff.

Hey,

It sounds like they're treating you in a different way to your siblings, and I can imagine that it must be really stressful and upsetting when they are dragging you into their fights; how are you feeling about this? Also, I'm wondering, can you tell me more about what happens when they scold you, are they physical?Β 

And then when they get in trouble or my parents fight then I get dragged in and blamed for a bunch of stuff.

That is completely unacceptable and out of order.

No they aren't physical, they just drag me into there drunk fights and just scold me about past stuff and then try to get me onto there sides to prove a point to the other one.

No they aren't physical, they just drag me into there drunk fights and just scold me about past stuff and then try to get me onto there sides to prove a point to the other one.

I'm glad to hear that they aren't physical because your safety is our number one priority and we care about you here.

How does it make you feel when they drag youΒ into their fights?Β