Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Hate, Death, Suicide

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say.


lKail
Message added by Harper,

Please keep this thread to support-based messages.Β 

Recommended Posts

Same. I just don't feel alone in this world anymore. Like I have people I can talk to and trust that I know won't say hurtful things or make me feel or sad and gloomy.

  • Like 1
  • Pride 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Ya I just feel like I can finally be myself with my friends

Hey there,

Yeah, that must be such a lovely feeling. I'm wondering, what do you do differently now when you're with them? How would you describe the real you? :)Β 

  • Thanks 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The real me..hmmm..I just feel like I could tell them anything and they wouldn't judge me.

I don't really know how to describe the real me because I'm still trying to find out who that is too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
8 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

The real me..hmmm..I just feel like I could tell them anything and they wouldn't judge me.

I don't really know how to describe the real me because I'm still trying to find out who that is too.

Hey there,

That's okay - maybe it was a difficult question I asked!Β I'm glad that you feel like you could tell them anything and it be judgement-free - you must feel so supported by them. How is everything else going for you at the moment?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is going okay I am just dealing with a bunch of stress trying to get all my grades up, and my parents keep fighting but I just put music on in my headphones and that makes my day a whole lot better. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

It is going okay I am just dealing with a bunch of stress trying to get all my grades up, and my parents keep fighting but I just put music on in my headphones and that makes my day a whole lot better. :)

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about the stress and your parents fighting. Would you like to talk about it?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, so my dad when he gets drunk he talks about breaking up with my mom and then he also talks about suicide..but I don't think that he would ever do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Yeah, so my dad when he gets drunk he talks about breaking up with my mom and then he also talks about suicide..but I don't think that he would ever do that.

Hey there,

That must be so tough for you to hear. How does it make you feel when he says things like that? Also, can I ask, do you know if he is getting any support at the moment for his mental health?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Yeah, so my dad when he gets drunk he talks about breaking up with my mom and then he also talks about suicide..but I don't think that he would ever do that.

that's really scary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know right! Also he doesn't want to get any like therapy or any help for his mental health, and I just feel like my world would cave in if he did that so it makes me think alot at night so its make me a bit scared for the future and I just get all like gloomy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I know right! Also he doesn't want to get any like therapy or any help for his mental health, and I just feel like my world would cave in if he did that so it makes me think alot at night so its make me a bit scared for the future and I just get all like gloomy.

Hey there,

Yeah, it's totally understandable to be scared about the future when someone so close to you is struggling in this way. What thoughts are you having when you're scared? What do you think could happen?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just think that when he's drunk and angry or sad then he could end it all, also when I blamed for everything then I just get really stressed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I just think that when he's drunk and angry or sad then he could end it all, also when I blamed for everything then I just get really stressed.

Hey there,

Can you tell me more about what happened when they blame you for everything? Also, yeah, I can imagine you're constantly in fear which must be exhausting for you. How are you coping with all of this? What's helping you?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honesty its just my music and playing online with my friends. Like I could do something wrong once that wasn't even a big deal and get scolded but my siblings when they do the EXACT same thing a little later then they get a little "oh that's wrong don't do that".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor

Hey,

It sounds like they're treating you in a different way to your siblings, and I can imagine that it must be really stressful and upsetting when they are dragging you into their fights; how are you feeling about this? Also, I'm wondering, can you tell me more about what happens when they scold you, are they physical?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

And then when they get in trouble or my parents fight then I get dragged in and blamed for a bunch of stuff.

That is completely unacceptable and out of order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No they aren't physical, they just drag me into there drunk fights and just scold me about past stuff and then try to get me onto there sides to prove a point to the other one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

No they aren't physical, they just drag me into there drunk fights and just scold me about past stuff and then try to get me onto there sides to prove a point to the other one.

I'm glad to hear that they aren't physical because your safety is our number one priority and we care about you here.

How does it make you feel when they drag youΒ into their fights?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...