This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Hate, Death, Suicide, Other

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say.

_Kai_ ย  ย 
Harper
Message added by Harper,

Please keep this thread to support-based messages.ย 

I honestly don't think he will change or even my mom.., But I am fine because I know I can go here and talk about it :)

• Pride 1

12 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I honestly don't think he will change or even my mom.., But I am fine because I know I can go here and talk about it :)

Hey there,

I know it doesn't seem that way now, but I have supported a lot of people whose parents changed, and they didn't believe that was possible, but I think there is often hope :)

Why don't youย have a read of this article and let me know what you think?ย https://www.ditchthelabel.org/my-parents-didnt-react-well-to-me-coming-out/-ย I know you haven't come out yet, but you might find it helpful.ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Alright I will read it :3

I just read it and it honestly helped, but I still am probably gonna hide the truth just for a year or two because I have already been hiding it sense 5th grade.

10 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I just read it and it honestly helped, but I still am probably gonna hide the truth just for a year or two because I have already been hiding it sense 5th grade.

Hey there,

I'm glad to hear that it helped. When you do feel like it might be the time to tell others, we will be here to help you through it if you want. Is there anything else you'd like support with?ย 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Ya of course we can be friends and I think in a year or two I might tell them, oh but I did tell my brother and he supported me..ย  :D

I did have to explain it, but overall I explained what the L B T meant and he got it.

I know because hes the only one I can talk to right now at home.ย ย :3

Thank you , I almost just cried irl... T w T

Just from how sweet that sounded when I read it...ย  T w T

This might be the only app we can talk onย  ย  ย T n Tย  ย  ย :<

Ya as long as I got this nothing can stop mehย  UwU

On 12/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, XxhelloxX said:

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say, My best friend supports me but shes my only support.

i have the same situation im 14 and im bi and my parents are homophobic and i want to come out but im scared

Whats your zodiac sign if you will tell me TwT, Mines Leo UwU

• Ditch the Label Staff
11 hours ago, ameliaaaaaaaaaaaa said:

i have the same situation im 14 and im bi and my parents are homophobic and i want to come out but im scared

Hey @ameliaaaaaaaaaaaa welcome to the community.๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

I am Daisie a Community Warden here on the forums, ๐Ÿ˜Š I have just read your post and wondered if you would find it beneficial to speak to one of our trained Mentors?ย 
I have tagged them in @Monsoonย & @Blondie.ย 
ย 

Look forward to seeing you around, if you have any questions in the mean time feel free to give me a shout. ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

ย 

9 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Whats your zodiac sign if you will tell me TwT, Mines Leo UwU

mine's a libra