This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Hate, Death, Suicide, Other

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say.

_Kai_ Β  Β 
Harper
Message added by Harper,

Please keep this thread to support-based messages.Β 

4 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Like she was talking about god and how he wants us to live our lives....and I asked "What do you think about the whole LGBTQ- community" and she said they are all bad and just confused in the head...and so after that it was silent for a couple mins and then she asked "why did you ask?". So I just told her "I just wanted to know..." ,but then she was like" are you confused about your sexuality???" but before I could answer she got talking about how they are all satan lovers...and I was like in my head" of course yourlike dad too..".

I keep trying to hint my mum but when I tried she started talking about how they are all devilish and need the help of God. She also said she isn't bothered about it because she knows none of her kids are ever going to make such ungodly mistake. In my head I felt so bad so I kept quiet and I started feeling really bad. I'm 18 years old and I honestly can't wait to move out next year. I have never gotten in a relationship with anyone because I don't think I'll be able to keep it away from my mum so I have been single my whole life and not being able to talk to anyone in my family about it just makes it more frustrating and terribly tiring. I'm so sorry I'm over ranting I just really needed to let it out ☺️

Hey there,

No need to apologise at all; I’mΒ here to listen and unstable your situation, and you can rant here all you want :)

it does sound really tough. I can imagine that you’re feeling angry for missing out on being in a relationship as well, is that fair to say? Im wondering, if you could rant to your mum about this now, what would you say?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

12 hours ago, GamingCheeseCakeWisdom said:

I'm Bisexual and I don't not want to tell my parents to and I will never tell themΒ 

Hey,

I saw that you have commented on another thread about this too, so I'll reply there :)Β 

• 2 weeks later...

???? XD

I came out to my friends yesterday, I was really nervous because I didn't know if they accepted those type of people but they do! so that made me happy :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I came out to my friends yesterday, I was really nervous because I didn't know if they accepted those type of people but they do! so that made me happy :)

That's amazing! Really pleased for you :)Β 

Did you plan to tell them or did it just kind of come outΒ 

It just kinda came out on accident T w T

On 1/14/2022 at 7:41 PM, XxhelloxX said:

It just kinda came out on accident T w T

Hey there,

I bet you're glad it's over with now, aren't you? How are you feeling?Β 

Ya I'm really glad that they know and support me so its giving me some more hope for my dad in the future, oh but I wanted like short hair kinda boy cut but my mom and dad won't let me get it any shorter then my shoulder's ever though I hate long hair

Hey there,

Yeah, I bet that's such a good feeling - I'm so happy for you :)Β 

Also, that's a shame about not being able to get the shorter haircut. What length is it now? Would you be happier with it at your shoulder length?Β 

Right now itsΒ  a little above the middle of my back and I want shorter hair so I'm guessing that I will have to deal with shoulder length until I move out even if its gonna be 5 years. This is what my mom said when I first asked her for short hair " You are a female!".....and this is what my dad said just last night when I asked him " I have 3 boys not 4."

10 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Right now itsΒ  a little above the middle of my back and I want shorter hair so I'm guessing that I will have to deal with shoulder length until I move out even if its gonna be 5 years. This is what my mom said when I first asked her for short hair " You are a female!".....and this is what my dad said just last night when I asked him " I have 3 boys not 4."

Hey there,

That's a long time to wait and I can imagine that must be frustrating for you. I'm wondering, do you think they might come around to the idea if you ask them again once some time has passed?Β 

I don't know but they are pretty straight forward right now with the "no above the shoulders"

On 1/19/2022 at 8:03 PM, XxhelloxX said:

I don't know but they are pretty straight forward right now with the "no above the shoulders"

Hey there,

Thats a shame - I hope they change their minds soon. Are there any other ways you can express yourself?

I haven't thought about any other ideas yet but do you have an idea maybe?

2 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I haven't thought about any other ideas yet but do you have an idea maybe?

Hey,

Good question and I think it comes down to what kind of feeling you want to express, so I'm wondering, what is it that you want to get out of your system?

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I'm in the same situation as you so here's something to consider before coming out.

Some people's parents say harmful things to their LGBTQ+ kids. If you think your family might say harmful stuff, try to hurt you, or kick you out/disown you, maybe talk to a trusted adult first. If you have extended family or a family friend you can trust, tell them first, so you can crash at their place if the worst case scenario happens.Β 

Sorry if this stressed you out... Goodluck with coming out!Β 

Edited by Melina
  • Like 1

Thanks "Melina" and "Monsoon" I just want the people I trust the most to know who I really am instead of pretending to be someone I'm not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Thanks "Melina" and "Monsoon" I just want the people I trust the most to know who I really am instead of pretending to be someone I'm not.

Hey there,

Yeah, I totally get that and it's really important. How is it going since you've come out to your friends? Do you feel like you can be yourself with them?

Ya I just feel like I can finally be myself with my friends