This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Hate, Death, Suicide, Other

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say.

_Kai_ ย  ย 
Harper
Message added by Harper,

Please keep this thread to support-based messages.ย 

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say, My best friend supports me but shes my only support.

• Like 6
  • Pride 5

43 minutes ago, XxhelloxX said:

I'm thinking about coming out to my homophobic parents i'm Bi but I don't know what they'll say, My best friend supports me but shes my only support.

Coming out can be important, but itโ€™s important to be safe first. If youโ€™re worried about your parents being upset with you or hurting you, it may not be best to come out yet. Iโ€™m transgender and I know how much being in the closet sucks but I think not being accepted would make me feel even worse.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Hey there,

Welcome :)

Canย I ask, are you readyย to come out? A lot of people feel the pressure to come out when they aren't necessarily ready, andย I justย want you to know that it's okay to wait and do things at your own pace. What do you think?

• Like 2

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Thank you both I don't really know if I am ready to come out yet, but I think i'm gonna wait.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, XxhelloxX said:

Thank you both I don't really know if I am ready to come out yet, but I think i'm gonna wait.

Hey there,

Yeah, it's totally okay to wait. You really do have the luxury of time, and there is no pressure to do anything now. How are you feeling?ย 

Well now that I have been able to talk to people about it i'm not as stressed about me telling them and I am happy I have somewhere to come when I am feeling down :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think imma come out...I just asked my dad what he thinks of the whole LGBTQ- community and he said something really hurtful...๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

I don't think that I want to come out cuz my parents are too religious and doesn't support the LGBT+ community

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

I don't think imma come out...I just asked my dad what he thinks of the whole LGBTQ- community and he said something really hurtful...๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Hey there,

Ah, sorry to hear he said something really hurtful. Can I ask what he said?ย 

Same and he said "All those people are gonna go to Hell", So I am not coming out anytime soon..

And that all that stuff is wrong

I know right, my whole family is really religious and I am too, but I think that people can love who they wantย  :D

• Like 2

I am glad I found this website to express my real selfย  ย UwU

• Like 1

I just feel so safe and welcomed here :3

Wait so your family is super religious too?

Wait so what is ur sexuality??

Same but not so much for me, I'm kinda into guys but I am more into girls..?ย  XD

20 hours ago, XxhelloxX said:

Same and he said "All those people are gonna go to Hell", So I am not coming out anytime soon..

Hey,

Ah, that must have been horrible to hear. How are you feeling about it? Iโ€™m wondering, do you think he may become more accepting one day? Parents have such a big amount of love for their children, and when they are forced to confront something they donโ€™t agree with in such a loving relationship, it can really help to broaden their mind.ย 

• Like 1